Anonymous1080P

Is it necessary to mentiotion Relatives on my Visa form?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

1. You won't get OPT with diploma. 

2. You can take online classes fron US or Canada from the comfort of your living room. 

3. Which high school pass out student has money to fund himself through school? 2 year colleges here are more expensive than universities back in your home country. 

4. Back on 1 above, it seems yorie planning to stay. 

5. I doubt you're from UAE. 

Good luck. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

OP said he will apply from UAE didn’t say he was from UAE.

#3 is false.

36 minutes ago, Timona said:

2. You can take online classes fron US or Canada from the comfort of your living room. 

3. Which high school pass out student has money to fund himself through school? 2 year colleges here are more expensive than universities back in your home country. 

Good luck. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anonymous1080P said:

Good point, but I'll be eligible for OPT/STEM programs once done with my degree/diploma and that will put my resume for jobs on a higher level than local candidates and having American experience on my resume will help me grasp better opportunities back home, can't do such wonders with just an American degree from an american uni in UAE. 

Absolutely true.

Apply! go for it,it will change your whole life/career.

Lots of people have relatives in USA and are approved for F visas.it’s not a problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Anonymous1080P said:

I'm an highschool pass out? Aren't diploma's good enough instead of 4 year degrees since diploma's or associate degrees teach field skills in less time and less cost but effective as a full  ?

they don't teach a 4 year course in 2 years

2 years is a 2 year associate degree  (AS degree) 

4 years is a 4 year degree (BS degree )

it should not hurt to live with uncle just make sure the college is accredited and can provide the I 20 for your petition

6 hours ago, Anonymous1080P said:

I'm planning on studying in USA on F1 visa, I'll be applying from UAE, is it necessary for me to mention my relatives that live in USA? Only one uncle of mine lives in USA and he's a citizen, but I've been told that if I have a relative in USA I'll be denied the visa? Would it be an issue if I don't mention him in my application?. Looking forward to answers, thank you.

So you're going into this already planning to lie to increase your chances for a visa?  Do you know that is a material misrepresentation that will result in a ban?  SMH.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
56 minutes ago, MMDG said:

#3 is false.

52 minutes ago, MMDG said:

Absolutely true.

Enlighten me.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Based purely on the information you have provided here, I estimate your chances as slim at best.

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My wife came to the U.S. from Indonesia on an F-1 visa.  She said that they asked her about her intent, but she told them she still had her parents and sisters back in Indonesia and had no plans to stay in the U.S. after finishing her degree.  Her uncle is a U.S. citizen by naturalization and he "sponsored" her as a relative including signing the financial commitment paperwork.  She lived in his home and took trips and vacations with his family.

She did have to be accepted to the college in the U.S. before she applied for the visa.  The college required her to provide proof of high school graduation as well as an essay.  She was accepted to the college before she entered the U.S.  (She also had a degree from a university in Indonesia, but she said the college didn't really care about that.)

She had to do a renewal of her status after five years.  We met during the second five years.

Anonymous1080P, you or your uncle should contact the college you think you want to attend.  Ask for their international students program.  They may be able to guide you through some of this.  (They did with my wife.)

Regards,

Vicky's Mom

9 hours ago, Timona said:

Good luck. 

The program I'm going for is associate degree and yes they do get you OPT.

I'm not funding myself my parents are?? I never said I'll be funding myself..plus I'm not from UAE I'm here cuz we have family business here and I'm voluntarily working here while earning a handsome amount of money from it(despite this my parents will be the ones supporting my education because they can).

Lastly I literally have no intent on staying in USA If I was planning for staying I'd have gone for canada(which is more easier to get into and easier to get PR from too). But thank you for the answers :)

8 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

So you're going into this already planning to lie to increase your chances for a visa?  Do you know that is a material misrepresentation that will result in a ban?  SMH.

I do not plan on lying, I'm just asking a question that if him being there is an issue or not...it's not like I'm not going to declare him on my form? I definitely will and I'll be as open as I can be to the VO about him.

8 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

they don't teach a 4 year course in 2 years

2 years is a 2 year associate degree  (AS degree) 

4 years is a 4 year degree (BS degree )

it should not hurt to live with uncle just make sure the college is accredited and can provide the I 20 for your petition

Indeed college is accredited and provides i-20 thank you for writing back :) 

9 hours ago, MMDG said:

Absolutely true.

Lots of people have relatives in USA and are approved for F visas.it’s not a problem.

I definitely will try my luck, rest is upon the almighty. Fingers crossed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
7 hours ago, Anonymous1080P said:

I'm just asking a question that if him being there is an issue or not

Nono. That was not your original question and you know it. Your question was (based on the title of your post) if it’s necessary to mention him in your visa application

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

11 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Nono. That was not your original question and you know it. Your question was (based on the title of your post) if it’s necessary to mention him in your visa application

True but consider that question a coin with two sides so..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 hours ago, Anonymous1080P said:

True but consider that question a coin with two sides so..

There are not two sides of your question. If the form asks you if you have any relatives in the US (or if it is asked at the interview), you have to be honest about it.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.