Anonymous1080P

Is it necessary to mentiotion Relatives on my Visa form?

31 posts in this topic

I'm planning on studying in USA on F1 visa, I'll be applying from UAE, is it necessary for me to mention my relatives that live in USA? Only one uncle of mine lives in USA and he's a citizen, but I've been told that if I have a relative in USA I'll be denied the visa? Would it be an issue if I don't mention him in my application?. Looking forward to answers, thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Anonymous1080P said:

I'm planning on studying in USA on F1 visa, I'll be applying from UAE, is it necessary for me to mention my relatives that live in USA? Only one uncle of mine lives in USA and he's a citizen, but I've been told that if I have a relative in USA I'll be denied the visa? Would it be an issue if I don't mention him in my application?. Looking forward to answers, thank you.

Its only necessary to mention your relatives if you want to maybe get approval. Don't list them means misrepresentation .. one of the surest way to ensure denial 

15 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You should check the questions asked on the DS 160 and answer them honestly.

Hi thank you for replying to me as I was very confused regarding this, I have another question that my uncle Iives in USA and he has offered me to stay with him throughout my study tenure since the college I'll be applying to doesn't have an on campus accomodations, will living with him be a red flag for the VO? I'll have sufficient funds in my account to take care of myself but since he offered me to stay with him I wish to stay over at his house, please guide me regarding this query thank you :)

Edited by Anonymous1080P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Anonymous1080P said:

Hi thank you for replying to me as I was very confused regarding this, I have another question that my uncle Iives in Minnesota and he has offered me to stay with him throughout my study tenure since the college I'll be applying to doesn't have an on campus accomodations, will living with him be a red flag for the VO? I'll have sufficient funds in my account to take care of myself but since he offered me to stay with him I wish to stay over at his house, please guide me regarding this query thank you :)

I could see that they may think this is a bot of an odd coincidence.

What are you studying?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

What are you studying?

im not currently studying I've just started to plan on studying in USA for diploma of cyber security (2years)

Edited by Anonymous1080P

10 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Its only necessary to mention your relatives if you want to maybe get approval. Don't list them means misrepresentation .. one of the surest way to ensure denial 

Hi thank you for replying to me as I was very confused regarding this, I have another question that my uncle Iives in USA and he has offered me to stay with him throughout my study tenure since the college I'll be applying to doesn't have an on campus accomodations, will living with him be a red flag for the VO? I'll have sufficient funds in my account to take care of myself but since he offered me to stay with him I wish to stay over at his house, please guide me regarding this query thank you :)

Edited by Anonymous1080P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

What are you studying?

Id be more concerned if it was a relative who could legitimately file an I130 .. which the uncle cant .. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Id be more concerned if it was a relative who could legitimately file an I130 .. which the uncle cant .. 

I like to see a degree not diploma from a credible institution 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I like to see a degree not diploma from a credible institution 

I'm an highschool pass out? Aren't diploma's good enough instead of 4 year degrees since diploma's or associate degrees teach field skills in less time and less cost but effective as a full degree ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Anonymous1080P said:

I'm an highschool pass out? Aren't diploma's good enough instead of 4 year degrees since diploma's or associate degrees teach field skills in less time and less cost but effective as a full degree ?

Even more cost effective to do it locally, not the same as a full degree

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Even more cost effective to do it locally, not the same as a full degree

That's a good point, but from where I'm from degrees/diploma's/associate degrees from abroad are quite popular among big firms and companies they always consider people who have some sort of diploma or degree from USA or Canada so in that perspective it'll help me secure a good place once I apply for a job back home :)

13 minutes ago, milimelo said:

There are American universities/branches in UAE, why not go there? 

Good point, but I'll be eligible for OPT/STEM programs once done with my degree/diploma and that will put my resume for jobs on a higher level than local candidates and having American experience on my resume will help me grasp better opportunities back home, can't do such wonders with just an American degree from an american uni in UAE. 

Edited by Anonymous1080P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.