Icedfire22””

Filing new i485 with pending i485 from previous marriage

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Icedfire22”” said:

She didn’t notify them as we didn’t have a messy divorce and we still wish each other well . 

Nothing to do with the nature of the divorce. Just clearing up issues.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Family said:

The attorneys who advised you not to withdraw the moment your divorce was finalized, gave you the advice you wanted to hear . Strategic…I understand.

Because I assume you did not have a new wife on the back burner ready to file for you . 

Hope you also clearly understand the Timeline of your new romance will be VERY scrutinized ..and they will try to use it to discredit bonafides of first marriage 

Thank you so much . now i understand the whole picture and why the attorney gave his advise. I am not so worried about scrutinization, I know my case might be delayed this time around  again and even longer , but my marriage is real , we have a baby on the way , a mortgage in both our names and divorce is not an option for us .. we intend to wait this out even if it takes 20 years this time . The only fear I always have is with my EAD as I have a very stable job and wonder what’s my fate and if I will have to notify my employer about my EAD even though it isn’t expired , I know it’s invalid as soon I withdraw the case 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Icedfire22”” said:

my EAD even though it isn’t expired , I know it’s invalid as soon I withdraw the case 

It was invalidated when you divorced.   The EAD was based on the I-485 which died when you divorced.  The divorce removed the basis for the I-485 and the EAD.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

By the sound of it you have been working illegally for a couple of years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Icedfire22”” said:

@Boiler  you mean the initial application ?  I don’t get ?

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

When you applied for the B did you state you were married or single?

Yes. We're you married when you came over/ applied for B-2?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

There is a reason why your case has been pending since 2018.

Some key questions:

1) did you state you were married when you applied for your b1/b2?

2) how long after your arrival did you get married?

3) is your first spouse from your same ethnicity?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

4 hours ago, Icedfire22”” said:

Thank you so much . now i understand the whole picture and why the attorney gave his advise. I am not so worried about scrutinization, I know my case might be delayed this time around  again and even longer , but my marriage is real , we have a baby on the way , a mortgage in both our names and divorce is not an option for us .. we intend to wait this out even if it takes 20 years this time . The only fear I always have is with my EAD as I have a very stable job and wonder what’s my fate and if I will have to notify my employer about my EAD even though it isn’t expired , I know it’s invalid as soon I withdraw the case 

I don’t think you’re getting the entire picture.   

Your EAD is (and has been) invalid already.

The heavy scrutiny will be for your first marriage’s bonafides, since you already had issues with the stokes interview.

Even with a current bonafide marriage, you could be subject to a misrep with deportation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
5 hours ago, Icedfire22”” said:

I am not so worried about scrutinization,

You should be worried...

You come from a high immigration fraud county that USCIS looks at all immigrants very carefully at.

1) If you stated you were married when you filed the B1 visa application and you got a divorce in Nigeria USCIS find many fraudulent Nigeria divorces so that will raise a red flag that you were never married legally in the USA in either case. If you stated that you were married when you were not married during the B1 visa application USCIS will get you for misrepresentation or take you at your word and take the stand that you are still married in Nigeria making your US marriages invalid. 

2) USCIS already suspects the first marriage is not genuine (hence the Stokes interview), your AOS was never approved so I don't believe that USCIS is satisfied with your first marriage, if marriage fraud is suspected that would be a problem.

If you are found to have committed misrepresentation at any stage of your immigration history, you would need a waiver(s) if you are currently married to a US citizen. If USCIS finds immigration fraud you could be barred from getting any immigration benefit from USCIS no matter what.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Timeline

I asked a few questions. OP was back after I posted the questions but he never replied, so I’m assuming he’s not coming back because he doesn’t like the answers he’s been getting. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

It would be nice if the OP answered the outstanding questions and acknowledged that his EAD is already invalid.  Ignoring questions and facts will not help win the case. 

Yes, OP, I know you were viewing this thread just a few minutes ago.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

It would be nice if the OP answered the outstanding questions and acknowledged that his EAD is already invalid.  Ignoring questions and facts will not help win the case. 

Yes, OP, I know you were viewing this thread just a few minutes ago.

Yep. Ignoring the issue won’t help it. Nor will a second marriage immediately make the first one right.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

There is a reason why your case has been pending since 2018.

Some key questions:

1) did you state you were married when you applied for your b1/b2?

2) how long after your arrival did you get married?

3) is your first spouse from your same ethnicity?

Sorry for the late response,

1) I wasn’t married on my b1/b2

2) about a year 

3) nope we have different ethnicity but we both speak English .

4) my ex wife wasn’t working so I had to get a joint sponsor

I know I have three red flags  . Marrying too early , marrying someone outside my race and my wife not working (public charge at the time ) , I just thought that was the whole point of being interviewed . Like I said ALL of our answers were matching on both occasions and they really do have tons of evidence from that marriage . I did two service requests and two congressional enquires but it wasn’t yielding any results . the marriage wasn’t working out at the time with lots of financial and emotional abuse on her part and I hate to keep hanging ONLY because I was waiting on a green card . I was the one who filed for divorce because I couldn’t deal eventually.  I had the option of filing for VAWA but thought against it . Met my current wife after the divorce and we again started gathering evidence as well . 
I know it’s an uphill task , reason why I am asking for advise on this forum

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Icedfire22”” said:

Sorry for the late response,

1) I wasn’t married on my b1/b2

2) about a year 

3) nope we have different ethnicity but we both speak English .

4) my ex wife wasn’t working so I had to get a joint sponsor

I know I have three red flags  . Marrying too early , marrying someone outside my race and my wife not working (public charge at the time ) , I just thought that was the whole point of being interviewed . Like I said ALL of our answers were matching on both occasions and they really do have tons of evidence from that marriage . I did two service requests and two congressional enquires but it wasn’t yielding any results . the marriage wasn’t working out at the time with lots of financial and emotional abuse on her part and I hate to keep hanging ONLY because I was waiting on a green card . I was the one who filed for divorce because I couldn’t deal eventually.  I had the option of filing for VAWA but thought against it . Met my current wife after the divorce and we again started gathering evidence as well . 
I know it’s an uphill task , reason why I am asking for advise on this forum

Do you know there was a pretty recent bust of a Nigerian marriage-for-immigration ring inside the US?  The FBI did extensive investigations, and there were prosecutions.  That could explain the joint sponsor questions and the separate interviews.  Nigerian immigrants are being looked at closely.  Prepare for more scrutiny of the first marriage.

Edited by Crazy Cat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.