AsientoDelNegro

Sponsor Wants To Report Soon To Be Ex Wife For Work Authorization Violation

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Go for it but...

Perhaps she is here and reading all of this too.

Like I said, she has a lot more ammo than you perceive. 

About 8 years of it if she wishes to sue based on the I864. She could quit her job and you'd be required to pay $1400ish/month in support.

This isn't the first time someone has wanted to punish their immigrant in the forums.

Final but sadly repetitive thought: Tread lightly. Like a mouse. 

Yeah but if she willingly quits her job, isn't that in and of itself a violation? 

This makes no sense. It's like the sponsor has no rights. 

I understand that as the sponsor I'm responsible for her, ultimately, but does that give her the free reign to be belligerently taking advantage of my sponsorship.

That doesn't seem right. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Welcome to the world of immigration

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, AsientoDelNegro said:

Yeah but if she willingly quits her job, isn't that in and of itself a violation? 

I understand that as the sponsor I'm responsible for her, ultimately, but does that give her the free reign to be belligerently taking advantage of my sponsorship.

That doesn't seem right. 

What violation do you think that would be? How would you know if she quit or got layed off?

With everything you plan to do you're just making your life harder than it needs to be. Divorce and move on cause the odds are not in your favor and you need to accept it. And arrange for her to get her stuff cause she'll win that court case for sure if she goes for it.

8 minutes ago, AsientoDelNegro said:

A violation of what?  She is not obligated to work however you signed the I864 so your obligation is fortified in immigration statute and law.

Understanding the I864 liability prior to signing was imperative. 

That doesn't seem right. 

See two comments up. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

24 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

She has the video of when you shoved her.

----

If you must report her, get an InfoPass appointment with USCIS, and ask to speak with the FDNS officer.  Hand that officer all your objective evidence of your wife's illegalities.  (They cannot accept recorded media.)  Keep vitriol out of it.  Keep foremost in your mind that you will NEVER hear of any result or outcome.  File it, and forget it.  If you insist on wanting to file a report, this is the way that things have to be.

They can't accept recorded media, so they can't accept video

Or by recorded media, does that include capturing methods, like screenshots, photos, etc? 

I have screenshots of text messages that show she violated her work authorization, is that admissible?

I can also video screen record the text message threads, so that they can see the messages in their entirety, and in context, with dates, etc. I was thinking of submitting it that way, together with the static screenshots.

Edited by AsientoDelNegro

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
22 minutes ago, AsientoDelNegro said:

Yeah but I have clear evidence of her working before we were married, i.e., before August 2021. 

And you're reading a lot into exceptions, no..?

You're assuming as such.

I’m not assuming, it’s a fact. Inquire with a lawyer if you are very invested. They will tell you. USCIS won’t write that out explicitly on their website for obvious reasons. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

A violation of what?  She is not obligated to work however you signed the I864 so your obligation is fortified in immigration statute and law.

Understanding the I864 liability prior to signing was imperative. 

See one comment up. 

So short of killing myself, which more and more seems like not such a bad idea.

There's nothing I can do.

Got it. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Kanja said:

I’m not assuming, it’s a fact. Inquire with a lawyer if you are very invested. They will tell you. USCIS won’t write that out explicitly on their website for obvious reasons. 

..what obvious reasons, that people will take advantage of marriage, and use it to circumvent the employment authorization laws.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AsientoDelNegro said:

So short of killing myself, which more and more seems like not such a bad idea.

There's nothing I can do.

Got it. Thanks.

Move on. I understand it's a hard time right now but don't let your grudge eat you up. Let her get her stuff and let her get out of your head. 

7 minutes ago, Kanja said:

You can move On.

find another relationship. Have fun. Try out a new hobby or read a new book. There is a lot you can do. You are deciding to focus on your ex. 

Exactly. Move on. Divorce quickly and quietly. 

We have given the OP advice on exactly that but they are stuck on revenge.

@AsientoDelNegro you are not painting a very good picture of yourself by wanting to continue to abuse. THINK about what I just said. No matter what your immigrant did to you, your actions now are that of abuse. I am not saying that to be mean or make you want to fight back. I am saying it matter of factly. WHY do you want to continue? 

End it and walk.

10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Exactly. Move on. Divorce quickly and quietly. 

We have given the OP advice on exactly that but they are stuck on revenge.

@AsientoDelNegro you are not painting a very good picture of yourself by wanting to continue to abuse. THINK about what I just said. No matter what your immigrant did to you, your actions now are that of abuse. I am not saying that to be mean or make you want to fight back. I am saying it matter of factly. WHY do you want to continue? 

End it and walk.

"..continue abuse..," what are you talking about? I've just been asking questions on whether or not to hand in screenshots of violations of work authorization, and I have conceded that nothing will most likely come of it. 

You people just seem bent on framing me as an unrepentant murderer of innocent orphaned children and the elderly, or something equally hellish. Christ. What's wrong with you people. 

A few folks here seem extremely bias towards sponsors and American citizens. Jesus. 

It's hard to focus on salient advise when it's peppered with constant reflexive damaging assumptions and prejudgements. 

Ridiculous.

Edited by AsientoDelNegro

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You do you

People are just trying to give you a heads up, we have all seen this hundreds of times.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

38 minutes ago, AsientoDelNegro said:

They can't accept recorded media, so they can't accept video

Or by recorded media, does that include capturing methods, like screenshots, photos, etc? 

I have screenshots of text messages that show she violated her work authorization, is that admissible?

I can also video screen record the text message threads, so that they can see the messages in their entirety, and in context, with dates, etc. I was thinking of submitting it that way, together with the static screenshots.

They won’t accept anything that’s not on paper only. Digital thumb drives, cds, dvd’s. So anything video is out (unless they’re willing to go to a link you provide to watch the video but that’s be unlikely). 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.