AmandaandChayne

N400 November 2022 filers

221 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Patrón said:

Oklahoma city

Yeah but where? Don’t you have an address?

It appears

* Okc is in the  district of  western OK in the federal court system and

*  this court has jurisdiction over naturalization.

So as per my edit to my comment, it is probable guests can attend. Generally, courts cannot prevent the public from entering a court room that is in session.

Should be an amazing experience.

Edited by Mike E

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I join the HAPPY group of officially a U.S. CITIZEN now! 🥳

6,5 years from immigrating (EB1A) in November 2016 till my oath yesterday. I would say I could also have done it sharp around the 5 year mark but I had to wait on the German government longer to approve me dual citizenship on their end. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have moved forward with this since loosing my European access wasn't an option no matter how much I also wanted to become a U.S. Citizen.

Now I don't want to use the word "disappointing" since this is so much BIGGER then anything in detail. But something I was always looking very forward to was the actual oath ceremony and best scenario would have been here in Las Vegas in the main city hall and inviting lots of friends to experience this special American moment, flags, colors, proud faces everywhere, national anthem, get some pictures while taking the oath and all that glorious good stuff! But it ended up being in the field office, NO 😞 guests allowed! We all walked in, they collected the invitation and asked some questions from that again, had to hand in our green cards and were assigned to a seat, handed the naturalization certificates at our seat, chance to ask a few group questions, mine was how long it takes to receive the court order for a name change since without that I cant do anything post naturalization here like adjusting status with the social security office, name change drivers at the DMV etc.... and then the judge came up on a big video screen, a few words, asked everyone to raise their hands and she READ of the the oath of allegiance herself and everyone just needed to confirm with "Yes I will". Congratulations and then it was over soon after and everyone left. 🤷‍♂️😞🥰

Edited by goblin

So I had to reschedule my April 17th oath ceremony  as that was the day I was flying to England to see my seriously declining with advanced dementia mum and it’s been rescheduled for May 12th at Muskogee District Court house. My only stress is the notice says if you’ve been out of the country to bring travel related paperwork and I have no clue what they need only have the 3 return boarding passes and flight booking and a football ticket from the match we went to, could maybe find hotel bookings but we booked them on the spur of the moment each day. 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
On 4/29/2023 at 4:10 PM, AmandaandChayne said:

My only stress is the notice says if you’ve been out of the country to bring travel related paperwork and I have no clue what they need only have the 3 return boarding passes and flight booking

That is plenty 

On 4/28/2023 at 11:14 AM, goblin said:

I join the HAPPY group of officially a U.S. CITIZEN now! 🥳

6,5 years from immigrating (EB1A) in November 2016 till my oath yesterday. I would say I could also have done it sharp around the 5 year mark but I had to wait on the German government longer to approve me dual citizenship on their end. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have moved forward with this since loosing my European access wasn't an option no matter how much I also wanted to become a U.S. Citizen.

Now I don't want to use the word "disappointing" since this is so much BIGGER then anything in detail. But something I was always looking very forward to was the actual oath ceremony and best scenario would have been here in Las Vegas in the main city hall and inviting lots of friends to experience this special American moment, flags, colors, proud faces everywhere, national anthem, get some pictures while taking the oath and all that glorious good stuff! But it ended up being in the field office, NO 😞 guests allowed! We all walked in, they collected the invitation and asked some questions from that again, had to hand in our green cards and were assigned to a seat, handed the naturalization certificates at our seat, chance to ask a few group questions, mine was how long it takes to receive the court order for a name change since without that I cant do anything post naturalization here like adjusting status with the social security office, name change drivers at the DMV etc.... and then the judge came up on a big video screen, a few words, asked everyone to raise their hands and she READ of the the oath of allegiance herself and everyone just needed to confirm with "Yes I will". Congratulations and then it was over soon after and everyone left. 🤷‍♂️😞🥰

@goblin Did you receive any update on on your name change court order? I was under the impression that if you requested a name change (in Vegas) that oath ceremony would be held at the court and get the court order right away. 

I filed the in November as well with a name change. Still waiting for an interview😥.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, DIYChick said:

@goblin Did you receive any update on on your name change court order? I was under the impression that if you requested a name change (in Vegas) that oath ceremony would be held at the court and get the court order right away. 

I filed the in November as well with a name change. Still waiting for an interview😥.

The USCIS field office sent me a form N-662 signed by the court, eight days after the ceremony via UPS. They did not inform me in any way before and the driver just left the envelop in front of my door so keep and eye on that since I don't think it is the safest to do. I checked the tracking number myself then and they mailed it the day before and that is also the day my case status was changed to "certificate of naturalization was issued".

I will now go to the SSA office, DMV and Police (CCW) to change my name, they all require it in person.

If you are still waiting on an interview in Las Vegas then that is certainly long. I also filed in November but got my first interview date late January. However it first was scheduled for early March and then got pushed back for 6 weeks but then all went smooth. Never asked why they re-scheduled.

Good luck.

Edited by goblin

On 1/7/2023 at 12:35 PM, Pb Palumbo said:

Just received notice that our interview is scheduled for Feb. 14th 2023 for my wife's naturalization at the Tampa office. We are November N400 filers. More specifically November 8th 2022 We filed online. The I 751 is still pending so I imagine it will be a combo interview. 

Any other experiences out there with combo interviews? Anyway it's moving along and I'm wishing everyone the best.

did they offer same day oath in Tampa office or later ?

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

did they offer same day oath in Tampa office or later ?

Yes they do or within a day or two. We had a name change so we had to wait a month or so...oath ceremony took place in the downtown courthouse 

Finally the end of my journey I became a USA citizen on Friday 12th May!! 
good luck to all still waiting!! 

D1F9CCC6-DDF7-49B8-909A-FF22955B1D97.jpeg

9F21BBFA-B0F3-4C3D-A6DD-EEAC2AA17B3F.jpeg

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Just got a voice message from USCIS about cancelling my n400 appointment. Unbelievable…. I am flighting back from London for this appointment with my children who I already pulled out from school for this purpose and just the night before the flight they cancelled my appointment without telling me when it will be rescheduled. I’m so frustrated now not sure whether I should just fly back and wait in US or should I cancel the flight… anyone with similar experience? I just hope they reschedule me fast and as soon as possible…

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got a notification that my interview has been scheduled at the Newark office - I don't have the letter with the date yet, but from what I can tell it's usually ~4 weeks out. Will update when I know!

Does anyone know if Newark lets you do your interview and then schedule your Oath ceremony for a different day? I have international travel booked for 1-2 weeks after I'm anticipating that the interview gets scheduled. If it's possible to keep my interview date - then keep my Green Card for travel and take the oath when I return - that would be the best possible outcome for me!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/8/2023 at 9:01 AM, *FishF00D* said:

Just got a notification that my interview has been scheduled at the Newark office - I don't have the letter with the date yet, but from what I can tell it's usually ~4 weeks out. Will update when I know!

Does anyone know if Newark lets you do your interview and then schedule your Oath ceremony for a different day? I have international travel booked for 1-2 weeks after I'm anticipating that the interview gets scheduled. If it's possible to keep my interview date - then keep my Green Card for travel and take the oath when I return - that would be the best possible outcome for me!

Whoops, update!

I live really close to Newark and so assumed I was going to be scheduled there, but for some reason my interview has been booked at 8 Cedar Brook Drive, Cranbury NJ (which also comes up on Google Maps as East Windsor).

Has as anyone else here been scheduled at this location, or know someone who has? I can't find *any* information about it online, and Google Maps says it's in the same building as a doctors office and a pharmaceutical company 🤔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.