AmandaandChayne

N400 November 2022 filers

221 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, AmandaandChayne said:

Yes!!!

Congratulations!! I have my citizenship interview at the OKC office next week with my ROC pending as well. Can you elaborate on what interview was like and if your spouse was present too? Thanks! 

2 hours ago, AAAA27 said:

Congratulations!! I have my citizenship interview at the OKC office next week with my ROC pending as well. Can you elaborate on what interview was like and if your spouse was present too? Thanks! 

Spouse wasn’t allowed in. 
allow time because their new computer system is troublesome. I waited 1 hour 46 mins after my appointment time. My interviewer was super nice did a combo interview, went briefly through my I-751 checking names, spouse date of birth, if we’d filed taxes. Etc Took 5 mins

Then new photo and checked my index finger prints. Then the English test. Read a simple line, then wrote what he said he repeated 4 times. 
Than the civics test. He stopped after I got 6 right, (after 6 for me). 
Then went through eligibility basics. 
The yes/no questions ie are you a criminal/ if the government asks will you go to war etc 

then checked details for my naturalisation certificate. Had me sign to say they were right and sign the electronic oath to say I’m happy to pledge it etc 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

On 3/23/2023 at 7:06 PM, AAAA27 said:

Oh and my Roc status just changed to approved. The interviewer said it would be approved but no green card sent out as I’ll be having my oath ceremony 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Timeline
On 3/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, Knome said:

Just now I checked my case tracker and I got an alert saying I 751 was tranferred to another office. 😁

Note : BTW I forgot to mention while talking to interviewer about my I751 application I told her my 751 application is pending for 1 year 3 months now, then the interviewer told me since I filed N400, my I 751 application will jump the line and will be approved sooner. 

I GOT an update: my N400 case status updated to show : Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled :) :)

Timeline
On 3/27/2023 at 4:51 PM, Knome said:

I GOT an update: my N400 case status updated to show : Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled :) :)

So I got my Oath ceremony letter online and my oath ceremony appt is on 20th April :)

It will be a total of 5months and 14 days from the day I filed my N400 application online.

I-751 status online shows case is tranferred to new jurisdiction.

I-751 is pending for 1 year 4months and 18 days.

My I-751 got approved without interview, and I received a 10 year GC in the mail. Still waiting to hear back for the N400 that I filed in November 2022. Current status is "actively being reviewed" since I filed. 

visa Issued

12 hours ago, SorrowL said:

My I-751 got approved without interview, and I received a 10 year GC in the mail. Still waiting to hear back for the N400 that I filed in November 2022. Current status is "actively being reviewed" since I filed. 

Congrats! Was your I-751 ever transferred to NBC after you filed your N400, or did it just remain in the service center that it originally went to?

22 minutes ago, US_VJ said:

Congrats! Was your I-751 ever transferred to NBC after you filed your N400, or did it just remain in the service center that it originally went to?

I'm not sure. The I-751 went to NBC originally as a "we received your case", then it went MIA for about a week, as in "case status unknown", then suddenly it was "new card being produced" and I got it in the mail a few days ago. 

Receipt number started with MSC.

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 3/23/2023 at 8:06 PM, AAAA27 said:

Hey! How was your interview? Please update us. 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

Hi everyone!

Applied online on November 12th per 3 year rule, as a long time resident.
Received online Interview notification on 2/22.

Interview scheduled for 4/3.

Interview was pleasant, with a nice and smiley officer.  Spouse was not allowed to come in the interview office. 
The only docs asked to be seen were the green card and the driver license. I was asked if I file taxes every year. I had my 2022 tax return and transcript but was not asked to show them. From the application, the only questions asked, beside some basic personal info, were about communist youth and military training (growing up in a communist country). Nothing was asked about an old dismissed charge and a minor traffic ticket. The officer asked the questions about loyalty and willingness to take the oath.

Civic questions: what is freedom of religion

what do the 13 stripes represent

West coast ocean

when do we celebrate the Declaration of Independence

what are  the 10 first amendments called

the question about Communism threat 

At the end, IO said she will approve it and told me the date for the oath ceremony. The next day online, the oath ceremony was scheduled for May 10th. Thanks to all who posted here; it was so helpful!

Edited by Ivorys

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

PASSED my naturalization interview today in Las Vegas without any issues! 🥳

Officer was very polite and friendly. I was also worried for the fact that my interview was originally scheduled for early March but got canceled 2 weeks before, because of "unforeseeable circumstances" and then re-scheduled a good week later. Also the interview time for today got changed once again 2 weeks later after the second interview notice. There are people here in this forum and also based in LV where I can see they applied after me and were already done with the oath ceremony before my interview. So that made me wonder if anything is up with my case, also because my Greencard was employment based. However nothing during the interview indicated any problem, neither was I asked for anything work specific, tax transcripts etc.

I just passed a fairly straight forward interview and that's it. 😎

3 hours ago, goblin said:

PASSED my naturalization interview today in Las Vegas without any issues! 🥳

Officer was very polite and friendly. I was also worried for the fact that my interview was originally scheduled for early March but got canceled 2 weeks before, because of "unforeseeable circumstances" and then re-scheduled a good week later. Also the interview time for today got changed once again 2 weeks later after the second interview notice. There are people here in this forum and also based in LV where I can see they applied after me and were already done with the oath ceremony before my interview. So that made me wonder if anything is up with my case, also because my Greencard was employment based. However nothing during the interview indicated any problem, neither was I asked for anything work specific, tax transcripts etc.

I just passed a fairly straight forward interview and that's it. 😎

Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Patrón said:

Can you take your spouse with you to the oath ceremony in okc office? I forgot to ask them at the interview. 

Where is the oath venue?

Ans: seems to be at the court house

https://www.okwd.uscourts.gov/event/naturalization-ceremony-72/

High probability that guests are permitted. 

Edited by Mike E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.