TeeKay11

September 2022 NVC submissions thread

111 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, MelBeen said:

Hi everyone! I have a question, once you are approved for the i130, and uscis says they send an approval letter to the NVC. What exactly happens next? I’ve recently been approved for i130 but I haven’t received any email or letter yet.. sorry for the question i just figured some most of you are already past this stage you guys would have the best and most up to date info

Thank you!!

How many days has it been and did you file your I-130 online or through mail?

Edited by Jordanian Bride

1 hour ago, MelBeen said:

Hi everyone! I have a question, once you are approved for the i130, and uscis says they send an approval letter to the NVC. What exactly happens next? I’ve recently been approved for i130 but I haven’t received any email or letter yet.. sorry for the question i just figured some most of you are already past this stage you guys would have the best and most up to date info

Thank you!!

Four or five days after the i130 was approved, I got an email from NVC. That emails has the case number to log into CEAC. Once you log in, you pay two different fees and then you can upload your documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Mark and Karina said:

We just got our DQ for my wife's visa. We are so excited and happy. It's been a long wait. We resubmitted on September 29 after an RFE for birth certificate. Does anyone know how long the wait for an interview at the Rio de Janeiro embassy is? 

Seems like this user could be in the same place as you - pretty fast between DQ and interview scheduling.

1 hour ago, Mark and Karina said:

We just got our DQ for my wife's visa. We are so excited and happy. It's been a long wait. We resubmitted on September 29 after an RFE for birth certificate. Does anyone know how long the wait for an interview at the Rio de Janeiro embassy is? 

Congrats! Good luck at your interview. almost done!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have a quick question to ask. Is submitting a marriage certificate necessary if it’s not a marriage based petition but a petition for my dad?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tiff2 said:

Hi, are you DQ now?

I submitted mine in Nov15 still waiting.

Submitted Oct 5 and DQ’d Nov 17. Expecting the IL in January or February.

Hoping you get DQ’d soon!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Submitted Oct 5 and DQ’d Nov 17. Expecting the IL in January or February.

Hoping you get DQ’d soon!

What’s the word on IL’s that went out this month? What dates were covered? Still clearing 4 months per month?

Timeline
Just now, chadonius said:

What’s the word on IL’s that went out this month? What dates were covered? Still clearing 4 months per month?

They did not send them out this month yet, unfortunately. They might not at all..

But either way, February is still open, so it might just be that Aug-Oct get ILs next month to be interviewed in February.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jordanian Bride said:

They did not send them out this month yet, unfortunately. They might not at all..

But either way, February is still open, so it might just be that Aug-Oct get ILs next month to be interviewed in February.

I was afraid of that. I hadn’t heard of anyone receiving any. There’s still some time left, who knows…

We decided not to wait and are having our wedding ceremony in Amman this February. I was praying that her IL would arrive so when we got back from our honeymoon (mid-March) she could come home with me. Still praying for that! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, chadonius said:

I was afraid of that. I hadn’t heard of anyone receiving any. There’s still some time left, who knows…

We decided not to wait and are having our wedding ceremony in Amman this February. I was praying that her IL would arrive so when we got back from our honeymoon (mid-March) she could come home with me. Still praying for that! 

It’s for the better that you’re doing that because I saw two women got served a 221g this month because they haven’t done a wedding ceremony at the time of the interview.

It’s something that worries me too, as I expect the interview to be a month before our wedding ceremony.

Timeline
Just now, Jordanian Bride said:

It’s probably for the better that you’re doing that because I saw two women got served a 221g this month because they haven’t done a wedding ceremony yet at the time of the interview.

It’s something that worries me too, as I expect the interview to be a month before our wedding ceremony.

Oh no! That never even crossed my mind. I always assumed the Embassy understood the culture in Jordan. I would have had my ceremony last year but leaving a newly wed wife all alone just doesn’t feel right. 😕  

Do you know any more specific details regarding the girls who got 221g? Was it solely based on the lack of a ceremony? Do you have your venue booked yet? Maybe that might help. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, chadonius said:

Oh no! That never even crossed my mind. I always assumed the Embassy understood the culture in Jordan. I would have had my ceremony last year but leaving a newly wed wife all alone just doesn’t feel right. 😕  

Do you know any more specific details regarding the girls who got 221g? Was it solely based on the lack of a ceremony? Do you have your venue booked yet? Maybe that might help. 

I think it is because they understand the culture in Jordan that they were 221G’d, as the marriage is considered not consummated. That being said, not everyone gets delayed because of the lack of a wedding reception. It depends entirely on the CO. So here goes…. One of the girls got legally married 8 years ago but hasn’t had a wedding yet/didn’t start living as husband and wife, which is outrageous to me and I’m not even sure what that’s about. So it MAKES sense.

The other case was a recent legal marriage but their wedding is scheduled later this year. She was told to send in the wedding photographs with her passport. 

I have seen a third girl in the group that got the visa this month but supposedly lied and said they just canceled the wedding due to a death in the family and simply went to honeymoon in Aqaba, explaining the lack of travel itinerary evidence. I don’t want to do what this girl did as lying to the government gets you in deeper trouble than having to wait a few more months. We DO have our venue booked, however I’m not going to volunteer the information unless I am asked.

Timeline

My husband says it’s likely that the second girl just doesn’t have enough proof/pictures together with her spouse. It does make sense, as many people do Katb Kitab in Jordan and the American spouse leaves, scheduling the wedding to be after visa issuance.

A traditional couple would struggle to  come up with evidence of a bona fide marriage, and I think that’s all it is. Plenty of people were too poor to host a wedding party at a time in their life, but they have a child for example at the time of the interview, so the CO is convinced.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.