TeeKay11

September 2022 NVC submissions thread

111 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jordanian Bride said:

My husband says it’s likely that the second girl just doesn’t have enough proof/pictures together with her spouse. It does make sense, as many people do Katb Kitab in Jordan and the American spouse leaves, scheduling the wedding to be after visa issuance.

A traditional couple would struggle to  come up with evidence of a bona fide marriage, and I think that’s all it is. Plenty of people were too poor at a time in their life to host a wedding party, but they have a child for example at the time of the interview, so the CO is convinced.

I agree with your husband. Party or not as long as the evidence is there then I think it’ll be ok. I’ve been back to Amman 4 times since we got katb ktab in Aug ‘21. We have travelled all Jordan together and have plenty of pictures. We will be in the Maldives in March!!! So I think that we will be fine. I wish you an easy rest of your journey!  

Do you know if my wife needs to speak English at the interview? She is not comfortable enough with English yet. She understands 100% but speaking she still isn’t confident in. This is something I haven’t found a definitive answer for. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, chadonius said:

I agree with your husband. Party or not as long as the evidence is there then I think it’ll be ok. I’ve been back to Amman 4 times since we got katb ktab in Aug ‘21. We have travelled all Jordan together and have plenty of pictures. We will be in the Maldives in March!!! So I think that we will be fine. I wish you an easy rest of your journey!  

Do you know if my wife needs to speak English at the interview? She is not comfortable enough with English yet. She understands 100% but speaking she still isn’t confident in. This is something I haven’t found a definitive answer for. 

Lucky you for having been able to travel all over Jordan together before the wedding! We met in university so have many years of pictures together where we look much younger, but it’s just the two of us. Hope it suffices.

I’ve seen people say if both spouses are of Arab origins, then the immigrant can totally have the interview in Arabic. It becomes a problem when the American spouse isn’t Arab. In that case, the immigrant can request to be asked in English and to reply in Arabic.

I wish you guys the best, and a blast in the Maldives 🏝!!!! 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Lucky you for having been able to travel all over Jordan together before the wedding! We met in university so have many years of pictures together where we look much younger, but it’s just the two of us. Hope it suffices.

I’ve seen people say if both spouses are of Arab origins, then the immigrant can totally have the interview in Arabic. It becomes a problem when the American spouse isn’t Arab. In that case, the immigrant can request to be asked in English and to reply in Arabic.

I wish you guys the best, and a blast in the Maldives 🏝!!!! 

Thank you so much. I let her know she’ll most likely interview in Arabic and she was so relieved. 

Do you know what happens if they skip a month for IL? Possibly next month they’ll double up? Or is it just lost. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, chadonius said:

Do you know what happens if they skip a month for IL? Possibly next month they’ll double up? Or is it just lost. 

I think our interviews will simply be scheduled 30 days ahead instead of 60 days ahead, as long as they keep up the same pace.

IL in Jan — Interview in Feb

IL in Feb — Interview in March

They could also send out ILs in two batches in January, and they’ve done that before I believe this August or September.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline
On 12/20/2022 at 12:59 AM, Jordanian Bride said:

Submitted Oct 5 and DQ’d Nov 17. Expecting the IL in January or February.

Hoping you get DQ’d soon!

I got DQ today, if it is not to much to ask please keep me update when you get your interview letter. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Tiff2 said:

I got DQ today, if it is not to much to ask please keep me update when you get your interview letter. 

Congrats!!!! 🎉 

I will. I also tend to post the IL updates on this thread. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.