TeeKay11

September 2022 NVC submissions thread

111 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Chanel H. said:

Got DQ this morning, about 3 days earlier than expected with Veteran's Day holiday.

Documents submitted 09-26-2022

DQ 11-11-2022 first try.

Congrats, I've seen three more people with same submission date get DQ today.  So it seems like NVC did a great work this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, mamba69 said:

Congrats, I've seen three more people with same submission date get DQ today.  So it seems like NVC did a great work this week.

Where did you see them? So I may join that group.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, mamba69 said:

Mostly on public facebook groups. Most of them are named ''NVC process'' and similar names. 28k+ people are there so it is very helpful tool to keep track in addition to visajourney.

Gotcha!

Received 2 RFE's today. Last submission was 9/26/22

One asking Evidence of income. The other one saying  case does not meet the minimum income requirement while sponsor income for 2021 is 2xxxxx. He did not fill tax for 2021, we uploaded an explicative not they accepted it and all the others documents. Any ideas?

image.png

Edited by Party

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Party said:

Received 2 RFE's today. Last submission was 9/26/22

One asking Evidence of income. The other one saying  case does not meet the minimum income requirement while sponsor income for 2021 is 2xxxxx. He did not fill tax for 2021, we uploaded an explicative not they accepted it and all the others documents. Any ideas?

image.png

I'm a little confused. Your sponsor has $200k income but didn't file taxes in 2021? A requirement to be a sponsor is that they are either a USC or legal resident, and in order to be either of those then they must then therefore have filed taxes, even if they didn't owe anything - there is literally no way around that. Also, if you need a joint sponsor, then you can't file I-864EZ, the joint sponsor must file a separate I-864A.

42 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

I'm a little confused. Your sponsor has $200k income but didn't file taxes in 2021? A requirement to be a sponsor is that they are either a USC or legal resident, and in order to be either of those then they must then therefore have filed taxes, even if they didn't owe anything - there is literally no way around that. Also, if you need a joint sponsor, then you can't file I-864EZ, the joint sponsor must file a separate I-864A.

Thank you for your answer!

Exactly, but we explained to NVC why He did not file tax 2021 yet and they accepted the explanation. The first time around (sept 22) they asked to change I-864EZ to I-864 which I did. I think they want a joint sponsor just because of the income tax for 2021 we didn't submit yet.

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Party said:

Thank you for your answer!

Exactly, but we explained to NVC why He did not file tax 2021 yet and they accepted the explanation. The first time around (sept 22) they asked to change I-864EZ to I-864 which I did. I think they want a joint sponsor just because of the income tax for 2021 we didn't submit yet.

Edit: I think I misread, you only have a single sponsor right now. You need to file an i-864 for yourself, but if you have a joint sponsor then they need to fill in i-864A. They are different forms. https://www.uscis.gov/i-864a

That said, if your sponsor does have a valid reason for not having filed 2021 taxes yet (IRS extension letter, etc) and the 2021 income wasn't on a W2 (run their own business?) then they will somehow have to provide all accounting information that shows income, such as business receipts, 1099, etc. Can't just show a bank account with money, have to show that money is actually coming in over time as income (Part 3, item 7.)

Sounds like your case is going to be completed complicated, without discussing specifics it's going to be hard for anyone here to help you. Might be worth making a new thread/post since this is specifically about Sept 2022 NVC progress reporting.

Edited by Simplytex

42 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Edit: I think I misread, you only have a single sponsor right now. You need to file an i-864 for yourself, but if you have a joint sponsor then they need to fill in i-864A. They are different forms. https://www.uscis.gov/i-864a

That said, if your sponsor does have a valid reason for not having filed 2021 taxes yet (IRS extension letter, etc) and the 2021 income wasn't on a W2 (run their own business?) then they will somehow have to provide all accounting information that shows income, such as business receipts, 1099, etc. Can't just show a bank account with money, have to show that money is actually coming in over time as income (Part 3, item 7.)

Sounds like your case is going to be completed complicated, without discussing specifics it's going to be hard for anyone here to help you. Might be worth making a new thread/post since this is specifically about Sept 2022 NVC progress reporting.

Thank you @Simplytex. We are working to resolve this as soon possible.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Party said:

Thank you @Simplytex. We are working to resolve this as soon possible.

Best of lucky, I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to have I130 approved and get stuck at NVC with RFE

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ladee said:

Just thought to update everyone. I got DQ few minutes ago after two RFEs .

I also did not upload  the i-864a for the joint sponsor’s wife for mfj so i guess that’s not necessary.

Final submission date was September 27th. 

Interesting, some people must be working on the weekend! 

Hi everyone! I have a question, once you are approved for the i130, and uscis says they send an approval letter to the NVC. What exactly happens next? I’ve recently been approved for i130 but I haven’t received any email or letter yet.. sorry for the question i just figured some most of you are already past this stage you guys would have the best and most up to date info

Thank you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.