TeeKay11

September 2022 NVC submissions thread

111 posts in this topic

Hi all! I didn't see a September submissions thread on here so I decided to start one!

We got RFE'd (twice now 😫 first in July and then in September) and submitted required documents on the 21st of September. 

If anyone else submitted in September, join the thread and let's keep each other company during this gruelling wait.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, Ctavarez90 said:

If you don’t mind me asking what did you get RFE for?

No problem at all!

First RFE in July: We had filled in i-1864EZ and they wanted i-1864 because they said he didn't qualify for EZ (even though we met all the criteria)... EVERYTHING else was accepted. Submitted i-1864 as told to do.

Second RFE in September: The letter stating my husband's tax extension (which was previously accepted) was all of a sudden rejected. So we sorted that out and are now waiting. 

28 minutes ago, TeeKay11 said:

No problem at all!

First RFE in July: We had filled in i-1864EZ and they wanted i-1864 because they said he didn't qualify for EZ (even though we met all the criteria)... EVERYTHING else was accepted. Submitted i-1864 as told to do.

Second RFE in September: The letter stating my husband's tax extension (which was previously accepted) was all of a sudden rejected. So we sorted that out and are now waiting. 

Glad you got all that situated and praying you get DQ this time around. I myself am expecting to get DQ’d next week so praying extra hard.🙏🏻🙏🏻 Thank you for that information. I thank all information provided on here is so helpful and beneficial to everyone. I love this site!!!! 

28 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Glad you got all that situated and praying you get DQ this time around. I myself am expecting to get DQ’d next week so praying extra hard.🙏🏻🙏🏻 Thank you for that information. I thank all information provided on here is so helpful and beneficial to everyone. I love this site!!!! 

All the best for next week hey. This waiting game is insane. But we have to keep at it to be reunited with our loved ones.

Sorry those two RFEs happened to you, how frustrating! I posted in the October thread, but I submitted all docs to NVC for the first time on Sept. 26. Good luck to everyone!

Filed: H-1C Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm joining this thread. We got an RFE for my wife's birth certificate and we resubmitted September 21. Hopefully this will go faster and we will get the DQ this time. 

On 10/16/2022 at 7:16 PM, Mark and Karina said:

I'm joining this thread. We got an RFE for my wife's birth certificate and we resubmitted September 21. Hopefully this will go faster and we will get the DQ this time. 

According to the NVC timeframes documents are being reviewed within 1month and 29days of submission.. Hang in there!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I also have gotten two RFE's one in July and one in September , requesting for the exact same thing we had submitted even though the documents were accepted. We included more documents this time around ,New submission date is September 27. This whole nvc process is so nerve wracking . Hoping to see September DQs soon!

3 hours ago, Ladee said:

I also have gotten two RFE's one in July and one in September , requesting for the exact same thing we had submitted even though the documents were accepted. We included more documents this time around ,New submission date is September 27. This whole nvc process is so nerve wracking . Hoping to see September DQs soon!

That sucks! May I ask what documents they were asking for?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chanel H. said:

That sucks! May I ask what documents they were asking for?

I know right ! They requested W-2/1099 for the Joint sponsor both times.

Edited by Ladee

29 minutes ago, Ladee said:

I know right ! They requested W-2/1099 for the Joint sponsor both times.

Ugh yes. I am so worried about the W-2/1099 thing. We are both abroad, so no W-2s. I submitted a letter explaining it after seeing RFEs in these threads.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Chanel H. said:

Ugh yes. I am so worried about the W-2/1099 thing. We are both abroad, so no W-2s. I submitted a letter explaining it after seeing RFEs in these threads.

Yeah we did as well the first time and it got accepted but then they asked for the year 2020 for the joint sponsor. Heard the reason they keep giving RFE's for that is because the numbers don't add up. So we included more documents. Praying hard we get DQ this time ,

I'm guessing we would get a response around the same time. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Ladee

On 10/21/2022 at 9:29 AM, Ladee said:

Did any one here get reviewed or DQ yet ?

Just saw someone with September 12th submission get DQ which is so surprising and amazing at the same time, you just can't really know with the NVC.

i have the same question 😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.