JenIE

I-751 September 2022 Filers

732 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mohammed26 said:

Yeah, I had the same issue, The last one was very helpful, the ones before her were not This was my second request as well.

Just chatted with a third rep that gave me the canned answer that I will get a notification via mail regarding whether or not an appointment is needed or they will waive it.  No kidding Sherlock.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Got the new SSN card without the restrictions.  Now, if USCIS could just take care of the biometrics….

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 11/27/2022 at 9:18 AM, Fe.Ta said:

Anyone with updates on submitting inquiries for biometrics?  Our 30 days of the inquiry will be December 9th.  If no response or action, we will send one on the 10th.  Going on 70 days since they received the case without a word on the biometrics appointment.

we have not heard anything either,   I do check the case status and still at the packet received follow the i797 instructions page. 

does the online cases status get updated with the i797s just like they did with the k1 and initial visa app?

6 minutes ago, ironeagle17 said:

we have not heard anything either,   I do check the case status and still at the packet received follow the i797 instructions page. 

does the online cases status get updated with the i797s just like they did with the k1 and initial visa app?

I don’t think it does.  The “Case Received” is the status of them letting you know they mailed you the i797, which is your extension letter.  The next thing should be biometrics.  However, we haven’t gotten that one.  I have heard from others that it can take up to six months.  We will see.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have not heard anything either.... no address change or biometrics.... I am soooo worried

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Guys, i was wondering if anybody has successfully obtained a state ID with an expired greencard + extension letter?
I don't have a state id i have only used the green card (i am self employed and work from home), but just to be safe in case i might need an ID and to make things easier maybe  a state ID is a good idea i believe.
If anybody has done it what is the process? Was it easy?

Thankyou

31 minutes ago, Ranch said:

Hi Guys, i was wondering if anybody has successfully obtained a state ID with an expired greencard + extension letter?
I don't have a state id i have only used the green card (i am self employed and work from home), but just to be safe in case i might need an ID and to make things easier maybe  a state ID is a good idea i believe.
If anybody has done it what is the process? Was it easy?

Thankyou

It will depend on your state and the knowledge of the DMV.  For example, I have read on VJ there are lots of people in other states that get the ID or license without issues, but with an expiration date based on the GC.  So, if the rep understands the extension you might be able to get it and it will be valid for the two years of the letter.  Other states are so clueless they just don’t do it at all with or without a non-expired GC.  We live in Florida and they are so used to immigration that my husband got his license with a normal expiration date (10 years), so I was glad for that.  But, he got his license with the GC before it expires - same with updating the SSN.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

It will depend on your state and the knowledge of the DMV.  For example, I have read on VJ there are lots of people in other states that get the ID or license without issues, but with an expiration date based on the GC.  So, if the rep understands the extension you might be able to get it and it will be valid for the two years of the letter.  Other states are so clueless they just don’t do it at all with or without a non-expired GC.  We live in Florida and they are so used to immigration that my husband got his license with a normal expiration date (10 years), so I was glad for that.  But, he got his license with the GC before it expires - same with updating the SSN.

This is what i was thinking yep, im not even going to attempt, when i present my greencard most people think is a military ID where i live, they are pretty much clueless lol. 
I will just use my passport i guess, thankyou!

2 minutes ago, Ranch said:

This is what i was thinking yep, im not even going to attempt, when i present my greencard most people think is a military ID where i live, they are pretty much clueless lol. 
I will just use my passport i guess, thankyou!

Yeah, you know your state better.  Of course you can always try it, but that will be a personal decision.  It is just sad that this is not part of their training.  Not that they need to know immigration processes, but at least they should know a GC and what to do with it.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fe.Ta said:

Yeah, you know your state better.  Of course you can always try it, but that will be a personal decision.  It is just sad that this is not part of their training.  Not that they need to know immigration processes, but at least they should know a GC and what to do with it.

just the whole process is so weird, i don't understand why they leave us in a limbo without an ID but whatever lets not think about it and lets hope that everything will go fast and smooth for us all!

Firs inquiry will expire on December 9th, should I submit another one now?   We still haven't received a response on the other one. :(

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Firs inquiry will expire on December 9th, should I submit another one now?   We still haven't received a response on the other one. :(

Yes after the expiration date I would.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 11/29/2022 at 8:52 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Got the new SSN card without the restrictions.  Now, if USCIS could just take care of the biometrics….

Glad you finally got your new SSN card! We’ve been waiting on the biometrics as well, still nothing after they sent us the 24months extension notice. Hoping it won’t take too long— or better yet, hoping they would just approve the case and send us the 10yrs GC 😂

Timeline:

• 09/14/22: Sent documents via Fedex
  • 09/19/22: Documents received at USCIS Phoenix, AZ
  • 09/22/22: Text notification - Case was received.  (SRC-####)
  • 09/23/22: USCIS check cashed
  • 09/27/22: NOA received, 24 months extension

Hi guys... So I'm back again, and still no update on fingerprinting or anything. 

WAC case number. Receipt (extension letter) received for i-751 back in mid September.

Is there anyone else here with a WAC case number (our dropbox was the Arizona location) that filed early September that's gotten any updates on their fingerprinting, moving forward???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 12/5/2022 at 3:01 PM, eLjay25 said:

Hi guys... So I'm back again, and still no update on fingerprinting or anything. 

WAC case number. Receipt (extension letter) received for i-751 back in mid September.

Is there anyone else here with a WAC case number (our dropbox was the Arizona location) that filed early September that's gotten any updates on their fingerprinting, moving forward???

I think most of us are in the same boat... no news after receiving the extension letter. I am YSC but seems to be across the board...  I have not checked with august or october filers but I would guess much of the same. 

If it everyone else was getting biometrics appointments I would be worried but since this seems to affect the majority of us I am not so worried...  its a long process.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.