JenIE

I-751 September 2022 Filers

732 posts in this topic

@eLjay25 @cgcrooks @Fe.Ta I am a November 2021 filer, WAC. Got biometrics reused end of April 2022. I know things were moving a little faster recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if they regressed to 4-6 months before you get your biometrics reused or appointment scheduled.

It quite possible you'll be waiting until January / early February 2023 to hear about your biometrics.

Edited by OldUser

3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@eLjay25 @cgcrooks @Fe.Ta I am a November 2021 filer, WAC. Got biometrics reused end of April 2022. I know things were moving a little faster recently, but I wouldn't be surprised if they regressed to 4-6 months before you get your biometrics reused or appointment scheduled.

It quite possible you'll be waiting until January / early February 2023 to hear about your biometrics.

Not really the best news, but definitely better than being told we have to wait 12 months for any progress. Thank you. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, eLjay25 said:

Thanks for the reply. Where are you located? I'm doing my best not to worry, considering the extension letter is for 24 months. But still, can't help but be closer to worrying than relaxing. I feel like you're the same. Do you happen to have to link that Sarge suggested?

We are located in Alaska. I'm more worried that we'll miss the bio appt., because we're headed out of the country in 2weeks. Poor planning, I know. Lol. We try our best not to worry, but you're right, it's easier to worry than relax. Lol.

I will try and find the link for you. Hopefully someone beats me to it, because I'm not that tech savvy.

Just now, eLjay25 said:

Not really the best news, but definitely better than being told we have to wait 12 months for any progress. Thank you. 

You can also check status of applicatons around yours using Android app Case Tracker. It can search 500 cases at a time and you can filter by case type, for example I-751. That way you know if you're the only stuck or USCIS just didn't get to the batch of cases yet.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, OldUser said:

This will actually be better for us, so we don't miss our appointment. Trying to spend Christmas with family back home. Hopefully others get theirs sooner, though.

Just now, cgcrooks said:

This will actually be better for us, so we don't miss our appointment. Trying to spend Christmas with family back home. Hopefully others get theirs sooner, though.

Do you have USPS Informed Delivery enabled? That way, even you are away, you can tell whether there is a letter from USCIS.

Timeline
1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Do you have USPS Informed Delivery enabled? That way, even you are away, you can tell whether there is a letter from USCIS.

That is brilliant, thank you!

2 hours ago, eLjay25 said:

Hi fellow VJers! 

New to the thread and was hoping for some feedback. Sent out wife's i-751 in September. 

NOA received Sept 15. We're going on almost 60 days without any updates. Current case status is still showing when case was received. We're out here in Las Vegas, NV and were assigned a WAC case number, which I believe is California. Should I make an inquiry or sit it out for another month? Any similar cases here? 

I received NOA on 9/15 as well. 
Still no news about either biometrics appointment or reuse of it.

For the service inquiry (Non-Delivery of Notice) that I made last month, I've got some answer from USCIS (it took a little less than 2 weeks), however their reply was not that helpful.

This is what USCIS said on the email :
"We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. You indicated that you have not received a notice for your biometrics appointment. We have requested that you be scheduled for a biometrics appointment. You will receive an appointment notice as soon as there is an available date and time at your local Application Support Center (ASC).  Due to backlogs at some sites it may take more than 90 days for this appointment to be scheduled. "

29 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You can also check status of applicatons around yours using Android app Case Tracker. It can search 500 cases at a time and you can filter by case type, for example I-751. That way you know if you're the only stuck or USCIS just didn't get to the batch of cases yet.

Riddle me this:

Why would a receipt at Potomac for a case received in October 2022, a month after mine, has fingerprints waived? Yet no other I751 for September does?

USCIS is such a joke.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

17 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Fe.Ta it's a lottery. I've seen random individuals getting blazing fast approvals within 3 months of submitting I-751, whereas others in the same service center were waiting for 12+ months...

Yeah, I know.  It is just annoying.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

4 hours ago, eLjay25 said:

Hi fellow VJers! 

New to the thread and was hoping for some feedback. Sent out wife's i-751 in September. 

NOA received Sept 15. We're going on almost 60 days without any updates. Current case status is still showing when case was received. We're out here in Las Vegas, NV and were assigned a WAC case number, which I believe is California. Should I make an inquiry or sit it out for another month? Any similar cases here? 

2 hours ago, cgcrooks said:

Hi! We were also assigned a WAC case number, and are on our 60th day without a biometrics appointment.

I tried Sarge's suggestion and followed the link that was posted to inquire for the biometrics appointment and was supposed to get answer yesterday, but no luck.

Keep trying with the inquiries, when one inquiry expires send another one! The inquires are hit and miss, but one of them is bound to get through and or answered.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hi all, we are submitting ours end of Dec/Beginning of Jan... Would anyone provide the list of what they gave/examples of their cover letters? Do we need to do affidavits? If we are mailing ours to the Carol Stream location (live in IL via USPS) how do we know which call center it goes to?

Did people put everything in one big pile or separate it out by made up sections? Its not as cumbersome as AOS or clear defined what is needed/sections to separate it by

Thanks for any input!

11 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Hi all, we are submitting ours end of Dec/Beginning of Jan... Would anyone provide the list of what they gave/examples of their cover letters? Do we need to do affidavits? If we are mailing ours to the Carol Stream location (live in IL via USPS) how do we know which call center it goes to?

Did people put everything in one big pile or separate it out by made up sections? Its not as cumbersome as AOS or clear defined what is needed/sections to separate it by

Thanks for any input!

Paging @Sarge2155 @Rocio0010

In the meantime, go to the Immigration Guides here on VJ and look for the I-751.  Also, the USCIS website has instructions.  I don’t have the links right now because I am on my phone.

I will also be sharing mine as soon as I can.

Edited by Fe.Ta
Na

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@Caitlin Kennedy you can find guide for I-751 here:

Organize your papers nicely and provide table of contents for your packet.

You can attach affidavits, it doesn't hurt, but other evidence is way more important, such as joint bank account statements, joint leases, joint tax transcripts, birth certificates of children born in this marriage etc. You can find list of evidence here, it's the same as for I-130, but USCIS will expect way more stuff after 2 years of marriage.

Your packet will get assigned a service center (not call center) using USCIS algorithm, you don't get to choose it.

When you receive Notice of Action, it will tell you the case number. The three first letters stand for service center working on your case.

Good luck!

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.