Canadian87

N-400 September 2022 Filers

412 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Starting a thread for all those applying for their N-400 in September. 

My application is currently with the lawyer, hope to submit it in the next week or so. Timeline is in my signature. 

Local office: Tampa, FL

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

My wife will be filing her N-400 online on 9-13-2022.  She already has her 10 year GC and her 90 days window opens on 9-10. We will update once it is filed. 

Local Office: Los Angeles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband's window opens on September 21, and we'll file a couple of days after that. His I-751 has not been approved, yet. Our documents are pretty organized, so we'll be ready!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Join this thread as my window opens on the 19th. I will also be filing a few days after that 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I become eligible to file on Monday, though I'll probably wait a week or so after to send it in. Final round of dealing with USCIS hopefully! 

Timeline

My window has opened since July but just had time to apply for it. I applied online yestetday and submitted everything. Today there are 2 documents showing in the website, one is NOA and receipt and another one is the biometric waiver. It says estimate time is 9 months. 

My local office is Boston, MA

Edited by HatoKo

Timeline

Timeline

Do we need to put the petitioner's name and  Alien number on each supporting document? We did for AOS and ROC, because of the risk, when filing by mail, of documents getting separated from each other. Is it necessary for this application?

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Balakasha said:

Can anyone advise me how we can file the form online and save it for later submission?

As I watched the video, the Next/ Continue button will lead to the payment page, and complete/submit the form at that time. 
I would like to save it, and submit the form later.

Thanks in advance

I can't find an answer to this, so we're going to assume we can't save a draft for later submission. We downloaded the N-400 PDF and are filling it out ahead of time. My husband will be able to refer to it when he does it online. All the research will have been done, all dates looked up, and he'll just have to transfer the answers to the online form. 

2 hours ago, Balakasha said:

Can anyone advise me how we can file the form online and save it for later submission?

As I watched the video, the Next/ Continue button will lead to the payment page, and complete/submit the form at that time. 
I would like to save it, and submit the form later.

Thanks in advance

My wife started filling out her N-400 application online, yesterday.  She will do the final submission on 9/13. 

You do not have to do anything for it to be saved.  It does so automatically.  When you are done for the day, simply logout or close your browser.  When you log back in next time, it will pick it up where it was left off.    We completed it all the way through to payment page and then it gave us a red alert and told us we are not eligible until 9/10 (which we knew already).  We logged in today to make sure all the attachments were still there and it looked fine.  She will next login on 9/13 when she is ready to process payment and submit the application.  The process was quite simple and easy to follow.  Uploading the attachments was very easy, as well. 

Good luck. 

Edited by SoCal2021

Timeline
1 hour ago, SoCal2021 said:

My wife started filling out her N-400 application online, yesterday.  She will do the final submission on 9/13. 

You do not have to do anything for it to be saved.  It does so automatically.  When you are done for the day, simply logout or close your browser.  When you log back in next time, it will pick it up where it was left off.    We completed it all the way through to payment page and then it gave us a red alert and told us we are not eligible until 9/10 (which we knew already).  We logged in today to make sure all the attachments were still there and it looked fine.  She will next login on 9/13 when she is ready to process payment and submit the application.  The process was quite simple and easy to follow.  Uploading the attachments was very easy, as well. 

Good luck. 

This is really good to know. Thank you!

3 hours ago, SoCal2021 said:

Good luck. 

I have just filed the form under 3-year rule, but not yet submitted it.

Under evidence files, there are “3 year tax return” and “evidence of marriage” which asked tax return of last 3 years.

Did you re-upload the files in those 2 sections, or just upload in 1 section?

It is really confused about that.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Balakasha said:

I have just filed the form under 3-year rule, but not yet submitted it.

Under evidence files, there are “3 year tax return” and “evidence of marriage” which asked tax return of last 3 years.

Did you re-upload the files in those 2 sections, or just upload in 1 section?

It is really confused about that.

I uploaded those twice just in case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.