2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, WishIWasntHere said:

It took 10 very long very full business days to get the results back 

Did you have the medical in Toronto? Mine took 10 business days as well. 

Doctor’s office said they sent the results but until now, status still says refused. Don’t even know if they received the results. 

4 hours ago, Moe&Yas said:

Hey Everyone,

I finally received my visa and passport back this week. We are so relieved and still can`t believe that we can finally be reunited as a family. I had filed for a WOM with Goldstein end of May. I had to do an updated Medical which took the Consulate about 2 weeks to approve.  I am wishing that all of you will also be approved soon and that you will be reunited with your family.

Do you mind sharing your timeline for people in the future? Interview date etc;

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Moe&Yas said:

Hey Everyone,

I finally received my visa and passport back this week. We are so relieved and still can`t believe that we can finally be reunited as a family. I had filed for a WOM with Goldstein end of May. I had to do an updated Medical which took the Consulate about 2 weeks to approve.  I am wishing that all of you will also be approved soon and that you will be reunited with your family.

Congrats! 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Moe&Yas said:

Hey Everyone,

When you did your re medical, did the doctor’s office sent the results electronically or did you have to mail them yourself?

congrats btw

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mmt26 said:

So if you dont file WOM youre just stuck indefinitely? Thats so depressing

Unfortunately we don't know this for a fact, but no one in this group has been approved out of DS-5535 without a WOM since March 2022, based on the data VJ users have disclosed.  Indeed, VERY unsettling and depressing.  Wish we had filed a WOM after the first 4 months of AP, which is when our lawyer is recommending people can start the process.  We just filed at the end of July.  My interview was in Dec 2021.  When was your interview?  

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/postsiv.html

this shows monthly or yearly issuances by post in separate categories - MTL has issued 1381 family sponsor and 2755 immediate relative categories so far this year.

Comparing it to the previous two years, they only issued a few hundred of both for two years (Covid = barely doing anything). Before Covid it was 1k or much more in each category. Definitely seems like there’s a lot of catching up to do. The WoM moves you to the front of the queue as it is easier to dismiss the lawsuits than to fight them. 

I think next year will be significantly improved, but Covid put a stick in the machine that was already barely clunking along, and we’re all paying for it. 

2 hours ago, LAMA9 said:

Unfortunately we don't know this for a fact, but no one in this group has been approved out of DS-5535 without a WOM since March 2022, based on the data VJ users have disclosed.  Indeed, VERY unsettling and depressing.  Wish we had filed a WOM after the first 4 months of AP, which is when our lawyer is recommending people can start the process.  We just filed at the end of July.  My interview was in Dec 2021.  When was your interview?  

My interview was in June 2022 not so long ago, but we applied in 2020 so 2 years waiting for interview then this… :( we also have a baby we just need to feel stability 

Hey Everyone,

Just anticipating what might be the case for me. I have heard that if someone has had a previous nonimmigrant stay in the US that can increase chances of getting AP'ed and receiving this ds5535. I was there for 5 yrs for my phd. Is there anything one can do to avoid that or at least make it less likely? I was thinking of submitting stuff that would prove that I was a good standing US nonimmigrant throughout my stay, whether it's FBI background check or 3 years of tax return transcripts, or all my nonimmigration documents that show that I fulfilled my intent and moved out of the US on time. Anything else that comes to mind ? Thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.