2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here for page 2. Interviewed Feb 02, sent my DS-5535 back Feb 06, still nothing but copy and paste replies. Medical expires tomorrow (July 24) sigh. At least I'm IR1 now rather than CR1, trying to look at the bright side! Oh and I got my NEXUS approved during this time too.

Timeline

Link to part 1 below 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

This whole situation is a nightmare.  

My Fiance interviewed Feb 14 for her K1(we were so happy that day).  The agent was like we are just waiting on the medical exam to come in so refusing under 221g.  No fault of our own, the Doc just hadn't transmitted it yet.  There is still no end in sight for our administrative processing.  I have checked in a few times and just get the standard it is in administrative processing reply and they have everything.  

Her medical is about to expire, so now I have to figure out what to do.  

Lawyers are charging an arm and a leg to file a WOM, but i feel like im getting backed into a corner and have no choice.  

Both my Fiance and I are born in our countries, university educated, and no history of anything.  It makes no sense why we got the ds5535.  

This is by far so cruel.  

The fact that covid is an excuse for delays, is not acceptable.  

We filed in Sept 2020.  This has almost taken 2 years.  

Timeline
21 hours ago, ideep29 said:

This whole situation is a nightmare.  

My Fiance interviewed Feb 14 for her K1(we were so happy that day).  The agent was like we are just waiting on the medical exam to come in so refusing under 221g.  No fault of our own, the Doc just hadn't transmitted it yet.  There is still no end in sight for our administrative processing.  I have checked in a few times and just get the standard it is in administrative processing reply and they have everything.  

Her medical is about to expire, so now I have to figure out what to do.  

Lawyers are charging an arm and a leg to file a WOM, but i feel like im getting backed into a corner and have no choice.  

Both my Fiance and I are born in our countries, university educated, and no history of anything.  It makes no sense why we got the ds5535.  

This is by far so cruel.  

The fact that covid is an excuse for delays, is not acceptable.  

We filed in Sept 2020.  This has almost taken 2 years.  

wait so they gave you a DS5535 after only refusing for no medical?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Hi guys, I have a question and wasn’t sure where I can get an answer. Is there any cons for doing WOM (besides the financial pressure)? Could this cause any issue or bad record, for example could it be something negative that can impact citizenship …? I haven’t done a whole bunch of research yet, but curious if you guys know and can help. Thanks in advance.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Mary184 said:

Hi guys, I have a question and wasn’t sure where I can get an answer. Is there any cons for doing WOM (besides the financial pressure)? Could this cause any issue or bad record, for example could it be something negative that can impact citizenship …? I haven’t done a whole bunch of research yet, but curious if you guys know and can help. Thanks in advance.

no cons in what you've listed.

but a WOM is essentially asking them to make a decision, either favorable or not. so I guess the only con, not sure if it is, is that you'll know for sure if your case is approved or denied.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Mary184 said:

From what the lawyers say, no, it doesn’t have a negative impact.

Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

From what the lawyers say, no, it doesn’t have a negative impact.

Thanks a lot. Have you talked to WOM lawyers? Or other lawyers besides WOM as well? 

18 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

no cons in what you've listed.

but a WOM is essentially asking them to make a decision, either favorable or not. so I guess the only con, not sure if it is, is that you'll know for sure if your case is approved or denied.

Thank you! You are correct, it’s not an approval for sure … 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Mary184 said:

Thanks a lot. Have you talked to WOM lawyers? Or other lawyers besides WOM as well? 

Hi, I was fortunate enough to escape the DS-5535, so I have not personally spoken to the lawyers. I answered based on what I have followed on this thread where people have spoken to various lawyers. I think Goldstein the preferred attorney on this thread.

I also follow Jim Hacking’s YouTube channel. He handles a LOT of WOM cases and constantly advises that suing USCIS/ State Department does not in itself result in a negative outcome for your application.

I suggest you Google his videos or watch a few of his daily shows, you are bound to come across him strongly asserting this. It will give you some idea of what it means too before you personally start talking to lawyers.

So sorry you are going through this. I hope your family can reunite very soon.

10 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Hi, I was fortunate enough to escape the DS-5535, so I have not personally spoken to the lawyers. I answered based on what I have followed on this thread where people have spoken to various lawyers. I think Goldstein the preferred attorney on this thread.

I also follow Jim Hacking’s YouTube channel. He handles a LOT of WOM cases and constantly advises that suing USCIS/ State Department does not in itself result in a negative outcome for your application.

I suggest you Google his videos or watch a few of his daily shows, you are bound to come across him strongly asserting this. It will give you some idea of what it means too before you personally start talking to lawyers.

So sorry you are going through this. I hope your family can reunite very soon.

Thank you and congrats. It’s definitely not a good place to be in ds5535 situation. I will look up the sources you mentioned to learn more. Thx again 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.