2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, WishIWasntHere said:

Y’all, we did it! We got the visa, now on to prepare for our move.

I really wish each and every one of you luck and speediness in the process. 

Congrats man!! Did your status change to ‘Issued’?  Did you get an e-mail when your visa was approved?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Filcan said:

Congrats man!! Did your status change to ‘Issued’?  Did you get an e-mail when your visa was approved?

We only got an email with the tracking number, and on that day it changed to issued, showed up the next day at the post office for pick up 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed as requested~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hi all, just a quick update of my WOM I filed with Hacking, if anyone is thinking of filing through them:

- Aug. 3, 2022: Sent all required docs

- Aug 19. 2022: Draft received for review

- Aug 21, 2022: Returned draft with comments (make sure to double check as we found a few typos, and we suggested to add another point).

-  Sept 1, 2022: Lawsuit on file, summonses issued.

-  Sept. 12, 2022: Last defendant served. Now the wait begins! (Or should I say, the wait continues lol)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bill22 said:

Hi all, just a quick update of my WOM I filed with Hacking, if anyone is thinking of filing through them:

- Aug. 3, 2022: Sent all required docs

- Aug 19. 2022: Draft received for review

- Aug 21, 2022: Returned draft with comments (make sure to double check as we found a few typos, and we suggested to add another point).

-  Sept 1, 2022: Lawsuit on file, summonses issued.

-  Sept. 12, 2022: Last defendant served. Now the wait begins! (Or should I say, the wait continues lol)

Good luck. Hope all goes well!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, unfortunately we seem to be joining this club. 

My fiancé had his interview today and two strange things happened. He was issued a 221(g) because, according to the consulate, his medical was missing. We got it done almost two weeks ago and Telus told us it had been uploaded on the 6th. We called them to confirm after the refusal and they swore up and down that the consulate had it. No idea what to make of that.

They also told us that he would be receiving additional questions over email, which makes me think he will be issued a DS-5535. He’s only ever traveled to the US and Canada - the only possible thing we can think of is he was flagged due to the TAL.

We haven’t received anything from the consulate yet, but after reviewing the Technology Alert List, we think it’s likely that he was flagged due to working in Information Security/cryptography related positions in the past. 

Is it clear when you receive DS-5535 if it is related to TAL? Does anyone have experience being sent to administrative processing for this reason?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to see if anyone had any recent updates? My last update was Jan. 7, 2022. Nothing moved at all and have been stuck for more than 9 months. Hbu?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, emergence said:

Is it clear when you receive DS-5535 if it is related to TAL? Does anyone have experience being sent to administrative processing for this reason?

No they won’t ever tell you why, it’s just an email with the questions on it. They give this to children, babies and people who have never travelled, so the original use case for national security concerns doesn’t hold much weight anymore. It appears to be sent whenever there is any delay, 221g for a missing document or for an SAO like TAL, or name match in CLASS etc.

Most people in this group have no idea why they received it, we’re just all trying to guess and make sense of it. It is used significantly more at Montreal than most other countries and Montreal Consulate has an international reputation for AP delays and 5535.

Best thing you can do is have him fill it out and send it in ASAP after he receives it (he can even prepare in advance by googling the form and preparing his answers ahead of the email). The next thing to do is start setting aside money $5-8k USD for filing a Writ of Mandamus.

If he’s lucky they will “find” the medical and then issue the visa - but if they send the 5535 off to DOS for a security clearance, they can’t issue the visa until he receives clearance. so I would visit the doctor and either get some kind of proof of submission or ask for a physical sealed envelope and deliver it yourself. 

Edited by Siarg

Timeline
12 hours ago, candyg said:

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to see if anyone had any recent updates? My last update was Jan. 7, 2022. Nothing moved at all and have been stuck for more than 9 months. Hbu?

When was your interview?

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, Sat2022 said:

Congrats on the approval .Did you filed the WOM and yes with whom ?

About how long does it take to issue visa after the 2nd medical and police clearance sent ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Siarg said:

No they won’t ever tell you why, it’s just an email with the questions on it. They give this to children, babies and people who have never travelled, so the original use case for national security concerns doesn’t hold much weight anymore. It appears to be sent whenever there is any delay, 221g for a missing document or for an SAO like TAL, or name match in CLASS etc.

Most people in this group have no idea why they received it, we’re just all trying to guess and make sense of it. It is used significantly more at Montreal than most other countries and Montreal Consulate has an international reputation for AP delays and 5535.

Best thing you can do is have him fill it out and send it in ASAP after he receives it (he can even prepare in advance by googling the form and preparing his answers ahead of the email). The next thing to do is start setting aside money $5-8k USD for filing a Writ of Mandamus.

If he’s lucky they will “find” the medical and then issue the visa - but if they send the 5535 off to DOS for a security clearance, they can’t issue the visa until he receives clearance. so I would visit the doctor and either get some kind of proof of submission or ask for a physical sealed envelope and deliver it yourself. 

Thanks for the information. We did indeed receive the DS-5535 today. 

After doing some research, I am absolutely appalled to see the DS-5535 is being used this way and with this frequency, particularly because there was a 2021 proclamation from the White House specifically mentioning that its use and efficacy should be reevaluated. 

Is there any information available on what percentage of cases are being hit with this? Is there a source on Montreal’s infamy? How much more often is it issuing DS-5535s in comparison to other consulates?

This seems like an absolutely gross misuse of a process that was designed to vet those who could present real national security issues, not infants.

Has anyone gotten in touch with a journalist who might be interested in taking on a story about this issue? 

15 minutes ago, emergence said:

Thanks for the information. We did indeed receive the DS-5535 today. 

After doing some research, I am absolutely appalled to see the DS-5535 is being used this way and with this frequency, particularly because there was a 2021 proclamation from the White House specifically mentioning that its use and efficacy should be reevaluated. 

Is there any information available on what percentage of cases are being hit with this? Is there a source on Montreal’s infamy? How much more often is it issuing DS-5535s in comparison to other consulates?

This seems like an absolutely gross misuse of a process that was designed to vet those who could present real national security issues, not infants.

Has anyone gotten in touch with a journalist who might be interested in taking on a story about this issue? 

The best stats for this are the DV cases which are easily accessible if you google it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.