2,958 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2024 at 9:32 AM, Blue473 said:

Just wondering if the following response from the consulate, which is an email thread where my husband sent a strongly worded request on a timeline for where in the que my case is, means they're doing more than just confirming my medical results. 

As a background, I interviewed on December 18th 2023 and the medical results got there the day after on December 19th(from TELUS in Montreal). The CO kept my passport. They've been responding with the usual "your case is pending review from a CO", but this one was a bit different. I've only gotten a 221g showing that my medical results were missing.

Thank you for your inquiry.

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S.  Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation

This is a template response. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread is locked for size. Please jump on over to the new thread found below.~~

Edited by Crazy Cat
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.