2,958 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, Fna786 said:

Mines ir1 spouse visa.. my husband's case was complicated but finally we are in the last stage hopefully...the part that really socks is I lost my mom during the process in January and she was my main reason to move back 💔 I'll still move back to be near siblings though 

I'm really sorry to hear that. 

Hopefully, you'll be able to reunite with your family soon. Wishing you all the best

Edited by F3MTL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, F3MTL said:

I'm really sorry to hear that. 

Hopefully, you'll be able to reunite with your family soon. Wishing you all the best

Thanks. It's weird the last update date had been updated weekly but since last week they have not updated it🤷🏻‍♀️

Timeline
3 minutes ago, F3MTL said:

Did you interview at Montreal? 

Weekly updates seems good though. It could just be in the final stages of processing. Ours last updated on July 8th. 

Have you got visa or interview then?

Our case required a hardship waiver after our interview few yrs ago. When my mom got sick I had a hardship to prove and pursued the waiver. After waiver got approved, they requested the DS-5535 and now this yr in feb when we sent them an email to follow-up, they emailed us to submit updated ds-260, taxes, passport, photos, medical, police report etc now waiting...end of Aug is 3 months since they have passport 

7 minutes ago, Fna786 said:

Have you got visa or interview then?

Our case required a hardship waiver after our interview few yrs ago. When my mom got sick I had a hardship to prove and pursued the waiver. After waiver got approved, they requested the DS-5535 and now this yr in feb when we sent them an email to follow-up, they emailed us to submit updated ds-260, taxes, passport, photos, medical, police report etc now waiting...end of Aug is 3 months since they have passport 

Oh wow, that's a really long time. Did this all take place at Montreal? How long has it been since you've received DS-5535? 

Yes, my mom and I got our visas. We are waiting for my dad to get his. He's the one who got placed under administrative processing. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, F3MTL said:

Oh wow, that's a really long time. Did this all take place at Montreal? How long has it been since you've received DS-5535? 

Yes, my mom and I got our visas. We are waiting for my dad to get his. He's the one who got placed under administrative processing. 

Well I didn't pursue hardship waiver right away as I didn't have a real reason to prove. But when my mom got sick with cancer I had a valid reason 😥

Our case was transferred years ago from a different embassy. Once we moved to Canada we got it transferred. 

How long did it take you to get your visa and do u know why yiur dads in AP?

16 minutes ago, Fna786 said:

Well I didn't pursue hardship waiver right away as I didn't have a real reason to prove. But when my mom got sick with cancer I had a valid reason 😥

Our case was transferred years ago from a different embassy. Once we moved to Canada we got it transferred. 

How long did it take you to get your visa and do u know why yiur dads in AP?

Aw yeah, that makes sense. Sorry to hear. 

That makes sense that your case got transferred after moving. 

Our passport arrived about two days after our interview. We're not entirely sure as to why my dad was placed under AP, but decided we're going to probably wait it out instead of paying a lawyer. 

17 minutes ago, CanNursetoUS said:

Our visas have finally been issued!!! Tracking has been provided, what a hell of a journey this has been, I wish nothing but the best for everyone in this thread!!! 

@ice-qube I'll be watching for your approval 🙌

Congratulations ,can you tell me when did you get your DS-5535?

Edited by Sat2022

6 hours ago, CanNursetoUS said:

Our visas have finally been issued!!! Tracking has been provided, what a hell of a journey this has been, I wish nothing but the best for everyone in this thread!!! 

@ice-qube I'll be watching for your approval 🙌

Which immigration office did you go with again? how many days did It take?

Edited by US2197

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, US2197 said:

Which immigration office did you go with again? how many days did It take?

We were out of Montreal, took a total of 272 days from the time of our interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.