mytruelove18

All ROC applicants Write letters to uscis director

51 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, JackMatt said:

A great idea IMO 

I agree. Doing something ( anything) as a group   is 100% better than doing nothing. I will let OP provide details on this awesome “ grass root “ effort. Here is some ideas if OP decides to send copies of complaints to USCIS’s “ boss” so to speak , the OIG ( Office of Inspector General) 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-9

I also think, there was such a group effort by all I-751 on VJ a while back , but from what I recall reading, no responses received. 

Edited by Family

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Family said:

I agree. Doing something ( anything) as a group   is 100% better than doing nothing. I will let OP provide details on this awesome “ grass root “ effort. Here is some ideas if OP decides to send copies of complaints to USCIS’s “ boss” so to speak , the OIG ( Office of Inspector General) 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-9

I also think, there was such a group effort by all I-751 on VJ a while back , but from what I recall reading, no responses received. 

Writing a letter,to whom ever,doesn't undo the backlog that was created long ago under the previous government  USCIS has already done a lot to improve the situation, as everyone can read , if you opt-in into getting news updates from USCIS. They still had to extend the extension letter validity to 24 month,but that doesn't necessarily mean, it'll take that long for everybody.Be patient,and write or inquire about being outside normal processing time after 24 month. Just my opinion 🤷‍♀️

5 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

Writing a letter,to whom ever,doesn't undo the backlog that was created long ago under the previous government  USCIS has already done a lot to improve the situation, as everyone can read , if you opt-in into getting news updates from USCIS. They still had to extend the extension letter validity to 24 month,but that doesn't necessarily mean, it'll take that long for everybody.Be patient,and write or inquire about being outside normal processing time after 24 month. Just my opinion 🤷‍♀️

5 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't see what the big deal is. You are allowed to work, travel, and live just like anyone else with or without the ROC being processed. We've been waiting 18 months and life isn't any different than it was the first two years and it won't change even after we get the 10 yr green card. It sucks they charge us money for the process, but it doesn't affect us at all. As long as we can live our lives, which we can, I guess we don't really care? 

The hardest part was waiting one year for AOS. Now THAT'S tough because you really don't have a lot of rights. ROC doesn't bother us.

5 hours ago, mari04 said:

I have been waiting for ROC but feel this is not constructive to write the letter. 
1) what is the rush?? You are legally on n US and will be legal until you get 10 year gc. 
2) I feel this is highly considerate of ISCOS to prioritize K1 and CR1 and other types of immigration visas to ver ROC and N400. These applicants are separated.

3) writing to them trying to prioritize ROC is very selfish. 
4) they have limited staff. This is the way it is. Stop bugging them for silly reasons like this letter and MAYBE the process will accelerate.

4 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Completely agree.  We are 7 months in, and I don't expect any movement on our case for the next year at least.  And personally, I'd rather have those resources used to get people EADs, so they can work and contribute to the economy.  

After 24 months your letter is not good so you can not work and your drive license is not good either, also you can not travel, so you bother with uscis on the phone to try to get an appointment to get your passports stamped, after you submit all proofs of marriage, and wait 2 years you need go to the office to beg for a stamp to continue your life.

lafter go for a long time immigration process i think that i , as immigrant that went to the process in a honest way , i deserve respect and be treated fair. 
but if you feel that beg for a stamp dont bother your dignity, so wait in silence a d beg for a stamp each time that be expired.

Ut the way you take the things without care for a fair process and respect , i am pretty sure your are all so happy paying gas price, happy with inflation and all the disaster that is happening.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

7 hours ago, JCG1121 said:

Why don't we send letter to the president Biden instead! 

He loooooooooves immigrant doesn't he?

Ohh really?..but you if dont know he loves the ones  who break the law and come through the border, if you try to follow the law you aren’t welcomed for the ganster that are in the white house.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
13 hours ago, Spardasa said:

Write letters to your elected Congress and Senators of your state instead....

Sadly my house representative will do absolutely nothing. I get no response back from him. He won't help. Idk what to do otherwise.

My thought is what to do when the paper is going to expire.

Edited by WaterLeaf
Added 1 line.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 minutes ago, mytruelove18 said:

After 24 months your letter is not good so you can not work and your drive license is not good either, also you can not travel, so you bother with uscis on the phone to try to get an appointment to get your passports stamped, after you submit all proofs of marriage, and wait 2 years you need go to the office to beg for a stamp to continue your life.

lafter go for a long time immigration process i think that i , as immigrant that went to the process in a honest way , i deserve respect and be treated fair. 
but if you feel that beg for a stamp dont bother your dignity, so wait in silence a d beg for a stamp each time that be expired.

Ut the way you take the things without care for a fair process and respect , i am pretty sure your are all so happy paying gas price, happy with inflation and all the disaster that is happening.

Wow,really? Ok,that's how YOU look at it,that's fine.I. and obviously others have a different opinion on that topic. You go ahead and write your letter.....and,just a little advise, let someone look over it before you send it ,so it's in correct english😉just a thought....And btw, what the heck has inflation and gas prices ti to with all that?? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, mytruelove18 said:

Hello averybody here applying for remove condition.

There are a lot of people here waiting long time for remove, what do you think about everybody here start send a letter to the person in charge of homeland security (uscis)Ur M. Jaddou, Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and complain about the situation and let that person know how bad service there are serving to people.

Who join to send letter?

It is just take time to write and a mail stamp

Starting this month

And just when you send your letter, post here the date you send it.

I will send my letter this week

Currently, the processing time to read your complaint letter is approximately 13.5 months.😁

25 minutes ago, mytruelove18 said:

Driving is not GC-dependent in every state.

What do you mean "after 24 months your letter is not good"?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

On hand I have the paper that mentions this: "Your conditional permanent resident status is extended for 24 months from the expiration date on your Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card"

It seems to be a trend that getting the 10 year GC take longer than expected? How many went to get the stamp? Or what's going on?

Edited by WaterLeaf
Added bottom line...

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

small solace. 

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

The extension letter expires in 24 months and at that point about a useful as mammary glands on a boar hog.  

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

small solace. 

The extension letter expires in 24 months and at that point about a useful as mammary glands on a boar hog.  

Huh.

So if large numbers of folks are suddenly becoming unable to work or drive, how come we're not hearing about it here on VJ?   In all the time I've been reading here, I don't think I've read about that happening, ever.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Huh.

So if large numbers of folks are suddenly becoming unable to work or drive, how come we're not hearing about it here on VJ?   In all the time I've been reading here, I don't think I've read about that happening, ever.

Lots of victim shaming in those threads. 

Edited by Mike E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.