Sarge2155

March 2022 - AOS Filers

129 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mr W & I said:

image.thumb.png.f5764eb055149cac73051d634f179e7d.png
I believe they go off this daily report, that sorts by application type>field office>receipt number. 

There haven’t been any approvals out of IOE for i131 which is the one I’m most anxious about.

Are you still in normal processing time? Your timeline is for some other case?

If you are over your processing time then have you tried a remedial process?

. People have been trying to make sense of how USCIS process applications since this country was founded. I won't read much into what they do day to day. Hopefully you will get good news soon.

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
18 hours ago, mitzab said:

Are you still in normal processing time? Your timeline is for some other case?

If you are over your processing time then have you tried a remedial process?

. People have been trying to make sense of how USCIS process applications since this country was founded. I won't read much into what they do day to day. Hopefully you will get good news soon.

My timeline shows my K1 journey which was all done up to removal of conditions. I started working on my daughter’s K2 aos applied in March 2022(I know it’s really late but something else always came up or the money was tight). She came into the US after I did but I’m hoping there won’t be penalties or a denial for the delay.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi March 2022 filers,

We received a Medical RFE on 11/14/22 from Baltimore FO for our I-485.
It stated that the I-693 form is 'incomplete' and they need additional medical info to make a FINAL decision on our case.
They did not state exactly what was missing though. We will be mailing an updated and sealed medical form back to our FO this afternoon.

We are hoping this is a sign that our interview may be waived, but you never know.

Wishing you all the best!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
47 minutes ago, RJones said:

Hi March 2022 filers,

We received a Medical RFE on 11/14/22 from Baltimore FO for our I-485.
It stated that the I-693 form is 'incomplete' and they need additional medical info to make a FINAL decision on our case.
They did not state exactly what was missing though. We will be mailing an updated and sealed medical form back to our FO this afternoon.

We are hoping this is a sign that our interview may be waived, but you never know.

Wishing you all the best!

Had a similar RFE - Form I-693 Incomplete - last month. But they clearly mentioned what was missing with page & section number. The nurse messed up entering the vaccine information, she marked a couple of them as not applicable / not needed while the applicant did get those vaccines. We even attached the vaccine report from the doctor's office, but USCIS only considers what is specified in I-693 from the Civil Surgeon. So we went back and get a correct & complete I-693 from the same Civil Surgeon's office. Whole thing delayed because of someone else's mistake, and the nurse didn't even apologize for it plus acted as if she was doing us a favor in giving the corrected I-693. Took a week to do it too. 😠

Anyway, I am guessing something might have similar happened with your I-693 too. If you have a copy of what was submitted, go through every entry carefully and compare it with the medical records. Also check the non-medical data too  (Name, A-number etc) and make sure it was signed properly - both by the applicant and the surgeon.

P.S. - Before you ask, we submitted the revised I-693 and got a "...we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485. USCIS has begun working on your case again" status update two business days after the package was delivered. Its been two weeks since with no further updates. I read that the final decision after a Medical RFE happens pretty quick. So hoping to get the approval soon.

Edited by bzbee

Timeline
6 hours ago, bzbee said:

Had a similar RFE - Form I-693 Incomplete - last month. But they clearly mentioned what was missing with page & section number. The nurse messed up entering the vaccine information, she marked a couple of them as not applicable / not needed while the applicant did get those vaccines. We even attached the vaccine report from the doctor's office, but USCIS only considers what is specified in I-693 from the Civil Surgeon. So we went back and get a correct & complete I-693 from the same Civil Surgeon's office. Whole thing delayed because of someone else's mistake, and the nurse didn't even apologize for it plus acted as if she was doing us a favor in giving the corrected I-693. Took a week to do it too. 😠

Anyway, I am guessing something might have similar happened with your I-693 too. If you have a copy of what was submitted, go through every entry carefully and compare it with the medical records. Also check the non-medical data too  (Name, A-number etc) and make sure it was signed properly - both by the applicant and the surgeon.

P.S. - Before you ask, we submitted the revised I-693 and got a "...we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485. USCIS has begun working on your case again" status update two business days after the package was delivered. Its been two weeks since with no further updates. I read that the final decision after a Medical RFE happens pretty quick. So hoping to get the approval soon.

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the whole I-693 process. 

Our Civil Surgeon office was just as confused by the vagueness of our RFE 😓. Nonetheless, they suggested we include an updated flu shot & the new Hep B vaccine requirement. 
Besides that nothing seems to be missing in our original medical form we submitted back in March 2022.

I have noticed a few people getting radio silence once they sent a response to RFE, while others get approved quickly. Hopefully we will receive some updates soon, but then again we are approaching the holiday season...
Thanks for sharing and fingers crossed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/21/2022 at 5:50 PM, RJones said:

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the whole I-693 process. 

Our Civil Surgeon office was just as confused by the vagueness of our RFE 😓. Nonetheless, they suggested we include an updated flu shot & the new Hep B vaccine requirement. 
Besides that nothing seems to be missing in our original medical form we submitted back in March 2022.

I have noticed a few people getting radio silence once they sent a response to RFE, while others get approved quickly. Hopefully we will receive some updates soon, but then again we are approaching the holiday season...

Radio silence since August, not too bothered though as there are thousands of people before us, and at the least she has her SS, her EAD and AP all done. 

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

• 1 month later...

Anyone been able to get their APs outside of Expedite? Two AP Expedites have gone unanswered over the course of 80 days (40 days apart each). I understand an Emergency expedite can be requested but those are typically for a short period of time and it would be nice to get the proper one while we wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/21/2022 at 5:50 PM, RJones said:

Our case was approved on Dec-20. Yay :dance:

Got the SSN card in mail, still waiting for the actual Green Card. Hope to receive it soon.

Timeline
On 12/29/2022 at 12:49 PM, bzbee said:

Our case was approved on Dec-20. Yay :dance:

Got the SSN card in mail, still waiting for the actual Green Card. Hope to receive it soon.

Congrats, this is awesome news! What a great way to start the new year!

Hopefully our case will be approved soon :)

Timeline
On 11/24/2022 at 6:10 PM, mitzab said:

Radio silence since August, not too bothered though as there are thousands of people before us, and at the least she has her SS, her EAD and AP all done. 

Very true! Spouse got the SS and EAD done which has been tremendously helpful.

Still eagerly waiting for our green card approval, though. Hang in there! 😓

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys!
My husband and I submitted our AOS on March 11th 2022. We got an RFE for additional tax info on August 29th. November 21st case updated to being actively reviewed. January 31st 2023 case updated to being actively reviewed again.

February 3rd we got a request for additional evidence - submit a completed form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. 

I completed my medical exam in Ireland before entering the USA and gave it to immigration at point of entry. 

Our attorney has responded to this request stating that “a medical examination is not required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non immigrant spouse or fiancé of a United States citizen if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the nonimmigrant visa; provided that the medical examination must have occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application or adjustment of status.”

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to have the second medical exam cancelled? Or are we better off to bite the bullet and do it all over again? Thanks!!

On 2/4/2023 at 4:59 AM, IrishLaura said:

Hey guys!
My husband and I submitted our AOS on March 11th 2022. We got an RFE for additional tax info on August 29th. November 21st case updated to being actively reviewed. January 31st 2023 case updated to being actively reviewed again.

February 3rd we got a request for additional evidence - submit a completed form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. 

I completed my medical exam in Ireland before entering the USA and gave it to immigration at point of entry. 

Our attorney has responded to this request stating that “a medical examination is not required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non immigrant spouse or fiancé of a United States citizen if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the nonimmigrant visa; provided that the medical examination must have occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application or adjustment of status.”

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to have the second medical exam cancelled? Or are we better off to bite the bullet and do it all over again? Thanks!!

You should absolutely without hesitation do a second I-693 examination here and send that instead of your attorney's response. You're risking a delay or worse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.