Sarge2155

March 2022 - AOS Filers

129 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/2/2023 at 6:15 PM, NatashaK1 said:

Hey guys, 

I submitted AOS on March 10th 2022 from K1 visa. Received EAD on December 22nd 2022. I currently still have a pending AP and form I485. My status changed today to case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. So i sign into my account to see there is a notice requesting my marriage certificate which i already sent with my original application and a request to get a medical

examination done. I did do a medical exam in my home country before coming to the US with a K1. 

what’s more confusing now is i see on my USCIS account that my status updated 3 times today. First said request for RFE was cancelled, then request for RFE was sent and the current says case is being actively reviewed and nothing is outstanding. The notice is still there though and i have already booked the medical exam. Has anyone experienced such updates? how did you handle it? Thanks03AF5A7E-8B9F-42CF-8F07-B4164C0E82AC.thumb.jpeg.e25bf0d176dd287d1458f1cdb6e288f8.jpeg

A2B4EBE1-C381-4527-B10C-4897A30CEF2E.jpeg

Update: sent out medical on the 8th of March

USCIS received it on the 13th of March

Green Card approved today 21st of March.

goodluck to everyone waiting.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

Update: sent out medical on the 8th of March

USCIS received it on the 13th of March

Green Card approved today 21st of March.

goodluck to everyone waiting.

Did you ask further about the reason for the medical or did you just go ahead and do a new one? Also, do you mind sharing how much it was?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, centric23 said:

Did you ask further about the reason for the medical or did you just go ahead and do a new one? Also, do you mind sharing how much it was?

No i just went ahead to do it. It cost $325 minus the vaccines i had to take but my insurance covered the vaccines so not sure how much that cost. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

No i just went ahead to do it. It cost $325 minus the vaccines i had to take but my insurance covered the vaccines so not sure how much that cost. 

Thanks for replying! Would you mind if I send you a private chat? I have some quick questions, but don't want to spam the forum

Timeline
1 hour ago, centric23 said:

Thanks for replying! Would you mind if I send you a private chat? I have some quick questions, but don't want to spam the forum

Ok sure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 hours ago, YoshiE615 said:

Hi all just wanted to say our I-485 got approved yesterday!

Congratulations!!🎉

Mine got approved this week also. Must be starting to approve march filers yay!

Timeline
21 hours ago, Aoife&Cam said:

Congratulations!!🎉

Mine got approved this week also. Must be starting to approve march filers yay!

Has your card been produced yet? Over a week and nothing on my end. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, NatashaK1 said:

Has your card been produced yet? Over a week and nothing on my end. 

No I don't think so, my status is still the same (approved) should it change to produced when they are processing it?

Timeline
Just now, Aoife&Cam said:

No I don't think so, my status is still the same (approved) should it change to produced when they are processing it?

I believe it does. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.