Sarge2155

March 2022 - AOS Filers

129 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, haley45 said:

The AOS interview? Wow, that was quick!!

Weird, right? I was expecting to wait eons considering that people who applied only ten days before me got their EAD already in like one month, but it took two weeks for USCIS to send me at least the NOA1, and two months for the biometrics. But I'm still keeping my hopes low, who knows how long will take before the actual interview now!

K-1 visa

02/01/2021: I-129F package shipped with UPS

02/03/2021: package delivered to Texas Lockbox  (NOA1)

03/15/2021: payment charged on CC

03/16/2021: confirmation sms with receipt

09/18/2021: case approved (NOA2)

10/11/2021: NVC case number assigned (called NVC on the 12th)

11/09/2021: In transit

11/15/2021: Ready

11/16/2021: packet delivered to the consulate, interview scheduled

01/11/2022: medicals

01/12/2022: interview

01/12/2022: VISA APPROVED

02/05/2022: moving to Wisconsin 🥰

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sisi1992 said:

Weird, right? I was expecting to wait eons considering that people who applied only ten days before me got their EAD already in like one month, but it took two weeks for USCIS to send me at least the NOA1, and two months for the biometrics. But I'm still keeping my hopes low, who knows how long will take before the actual interview now!

Very weird? So they haven't sent your EAD but they are scheduling an interview?? USCIS never ceases to amaze me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, haley45 said:

Very weird? So they haven't sent your EAD but they are scheduling an interview?? USCIS never ceases to amaze me!

Correct! EAD appears still as "we registered your biometrics" or something, AP hasn't gotten any updates since the NOA1 but they are trying to schedule the green card interview... Whatever it's fine with them i suppose ahah

K-1 visa

02/01/2021: I-129F package shipped with UPS

02/03/2021: package delivered to Texas Lockbox  (NOA1)

03/15/2021: payment charged on CC

03/16/2021: confirmation sms with receipt

09/18/2021: case approved (NOA2)

10/11/2021: NVC case number assigned (called NVC on the 12th)

11/09/2021: In transit

11/15/2021: Ready

11/16/2021: packet delivered to the consulate, interview scheduled

01/11/2022: medicals

01/12/2022: interview

01/12/2022: VISA APPROVED

02/05/2022: moving to Wisconsin 🥰

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sisi1992 said:

Correct! EAD appears still as "we registered your biometrics" or something, AP hasn't gotten any updates since the NOA1 but they are trying to schedule the green card interview... Whatever it's fine with them i suppose ahah

LOL i agree! I hope your interview is scheduled for soon and all goes smoothly! 😃

Here's our AOS dates. Wife came with K1 in Jan. We married in Feb. 

March 9 - Sent I-485 Packet and I-765 Packet.

March 11 - I-485 and I-765 Received (Receipt Notice date)

March 18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled for April 12

April 12 - Biometrics done ; I-765 status changes to actively reviewing case to producing card in the same day; I-485 status changes to actively reviewing then interview scheduled ( May 16 ) in the same day.

April 15 - EAD Card Produce

April 18 - EAD Card delivered and in hand

May 16 - Interview done ; no verbal confirmation of being approved or not. 

May 17 - I-485 Case Approved

May 19 - Green Card Produced and picked up by USPS

May 23 - According to USPS tracking, Green Card will be delivered on May 23. 

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's my timeline:

Field office: Denver 

Sent documents to USCIS Phoenix lockbox - March 21, 2022

Receipt numbers received via text -

March 24, 2022

Biometrics appointment scheduled -

March 25, 2022

I-864 RFIE - April 5, 2022

Response received - April 14, 2022

Biometrics date - April 21, 2022

Current status for i485, i765 as of May 28, 2022 is "Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS"

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Here's my timeline:

Field office: Detroit 

Sent documents to USCIS lockbox - March 26, 2022

Receipt by USCIS: March 21, 2022

Biometrics date - May 4th, 2022

Current status for i485, i765 as of June 10, 2022 is "Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS" and for 1-131 it is still showing case is received.

for travel documents how soon are they expected to get? Is planning a trip for August-September out of the questions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, haley45 said:

How did your expedite request go? Did you have a job offer?

No, but I was applying for a license to practice. I’m in healthcare. I cited their announcement that we can expedite if we’re in the field, and that I needed an ead and a valid ssn in order to progress towards my license. They didn’t ask me for anything, but I did have correspondence with our state board regarding my situation as well as the necessary paperwork they would have needed from me just in case. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, nevernotinblack said:

No, but I was applying for a license to practice. I’m in healthcare. I cited their announcement that we can expedite if we’re in the field, and that I needed an ead and a valid ssn in order to progress towards my license. They didn’t ask me for anything, but I did have correspondence with our state board regarding my situation as well as the necessary paperwork they would have needed from me just in case. 

Good to know. Can I ask where you filled out the expedite request? My husband is an electrician but his license isn't recognized here so he wanted to start a new training but will have to work in order to do so. Maybe we can apply for one too.

Just now, haley45 said:

Good to know. Can I ask where you filled out the expedite request? My husband is an electrician but his license isn't recognized here so he wanted to start a new training but will have to work in order to do so. Maybe we can apply for one too.

Sure. I just tried thru Emma. I asked if I could talk to a Live Agent and explained my situation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.