Sarge2155

March 2022 - AOS Filers

129 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

If we hadn't requested expedites on everything I'm convinced we would have had nothing by now. Both Work and Travel permission were expedite requests (with valid reasons). i-485 has just been sitting in limbo since it was submitted in March 2022. The amount of time for the inquiry just keeps increasing too from 13 months to now 15 months. I'm guessing in another 2 months it'll increase to 18 months. The work permission and travel permission have been very helpful (received separately months apart). However I am a bit nervous that everything we've built up and be taken away from us if the i-485 isn't approved.

• 1 month later...

May 31, 2023 - i485 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!! 

Note our i-131 was already approved a year ago. Additionally the Medical Exam was sent after the original forms and asked to be added to the file (we didn't realize we could send it with the original app as our Lawyer didn't advise us to). 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Update on my wife's case.  I have been faithfully checking the site here lately after seeing all of the approvals.  Today I checked and there was a cancellation to a request for evidence.  We are going to access her account later to ensure there was not something missed on the times I was checking case status through the website (not her account) as I was checking weekly/biweekly since January.  I noticed I think on this thread that someone had an RFE, then a cancellation, then within a short timeframe, they were either called to an interview or approved.  Either way, it was exciting to see the case status change.  I thought I checked it in the last few days but this week has been a whirlwind so it does not surprise me if I did not.  

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We received the RFE for the son which was "Please issue another I-693 form." 
Backstory on this, since the war was starting to brew in Ukraine, my wife received her second dose of covid 19 (required to immigrate at the time) a few days before we rushed them out of the country (which was a miracle since the airport was destroyed a couple days after they flew out).  She was able to complete her dose by staying out of the US for the remainder of the 2 weeks, but of course it was not documented on the DS medical form.  So before we performed the AoS, we grabbed medicals for her and the son at the local civil surgeon we found here in Houston.  At that time, they gave us a copy of the immunization records page so we could also provide this to the school/daycare/etc and it shows that he was not age appropriate for COVID 19 (he was 5 and a few months at the time).  Now a year and a half later, USCIS RFEs us asking us to provide it again.  I am checking each medical facility to see but the first I called said my son (who is now 6 years and some months) has to have 1 dose. 
I was trying to defend against the dr's office who originally did the medical and said it's valid for 2 years instead of 1, but I read what I-693 says and it says the document is valid for 2 years.  The document they packed in the envelope and we sent off to USCIS.  So if it is lost, it is understandable that any copies are no longer valid.  
We are going to do what we need to do but, that is where we stand.  I know we are only a few weeks away from an approval after turning everything in (at least pending any weird mistakes that I won't focus on) but man, it is fun.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

We received the RFE for the son which was "Please issue another I-693 form." 
Backstory on this, since the war was starting to brew in Ukraine, my wife received her second dose of covid 19 (required to immigrate at the time) a few days before we rushed them out of the country (which was a miracle since the airport was destroyed a couple days after they flew out).  She was able to complete her dose by staying out of the US for the remainder of the 2 weeks, but of course it was not documented on the DS medical form.  So before we performed the AoS, we grabbed medicals for her and the son at the local civil surgeon we found here in Houston.  At that time, they gave us a copy of the immunization records page so we could also provide this to the school/daycare/etc and it shows that he was not age appropriate for COVID 19 (he was 5 and a few months at the time).  Now a year and a half later, USCIS RFEs us asking us to provide it again.  I am checking each medical facility to see but the first I called said my son (who is now 6 years and some months) has to have 1 dose. 
I was trying to defend against the dr's office who originally did the medical and said it's valid for 2 years instead of 1, but I read what I-693 says and it says the document is valid for 2 years.  The document they packed in the envelope and we sent off to USCIS.  So if it is lost, it is understandable that any copies are no longer valid.  
We are going to do what we need to do but, that is where we stand.  I know we are only a few weeks away from an approval after turning everything in (at least pending any weird mistakes that I won't focus on) but man, it is fun.

We decided to move forward with the vaccine to fulfill the requirements.  We will go Friday and fulfill everything in hopes that the local center in Houston receives it on Monday/Tuesday.  I will keep you all updated!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Everything was completed (including medical) and USCIS confirmed receipt of the evidence (local office in Houston) yesterday (Tuesday 22 Aug).  So we will keep an eye out on the son's status since it's linked to my account.  I will keep you all updated.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

October 1st 2023 both the wife and son were approved for their green cards!  Granted it is conditional because it's been less than 2 years, but it is still exciting.  There was no interview.  I literally think it hinged on the son's medical.  

Edited by Keithn85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.