Sarge2155

March 2022 - AOS Filers

129 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 2/4/2023 at 7:59 AM, IrishLaura said:

Hey guys!
My husband and I submitted our AOS on March 11th 2022. We got an RFE for additional tax info on August 29th. November 21st case updated to being actively reviewed. January 31st 2023 case updated to being actively reviewed again.

February 3rd we got a request for additional evidence - submit a completed form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. 

I completed my medical exam in Ireland before entering the USA and gave it to immigration at point of entry. 

Our attorney has responded to this request stating that “a medical examination is not required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non immigrant spouse or fiancé of a United States citizen if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the nonimmigrant visa; provided that the medical examination must have occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application or adjustment of status.”

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to have the second medical exam cancelled? Or are we better off to bite the bullet and do it all over again? Thanks!!

Hey 

I just received a request to submit form I-693 also. I also did my medical examination in Ireland before I came to the United States. My request said to discard the notice if I already submitted the medical or if I was K1 visa holder.

Did your notice say the same ?

1 hour ago, Aoife&Cam said:

I just received a request to submit form I-693 also. I also did my medical examination in Ireland before I came to the United States. My request said to discard the notice if I already submitted the medical or if I was K1 visa holder.

Did your notice say the same ?

Does the letter say "Courtesy Notice" or "Request for Evidence" (RFE) at the top?  Courtesy notice may be safely ignored.  But if the letter is actually an RFE, I strongly advise you not to disregard it, even if you completed your K1 visa medical abroad.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Does the letter say "Courtesy Notice" or "Request for Evidence" (RFE) at the top?  Courtesy notice may be safely ignored.  But if the letter is actually an RFE, I strongly advise you not to disregard it, even if you completed your K1 visa medical abroad.

Oh right okay I didn't realise that, yes it is just a 'courtesy letter request'. Hopefully this means they are actually looking at my case now. 

Timeline
On 2/4/2023 at 6:59 AM, IrishLaura said:

Hey guys!
My husband and I submitted our AOS on March 11th 2022. We got an RFE for additional tax info on August 29th. November 21st case updated to being actively reviewed. January 31st 2023 case updated to being actively reviewed again.

February 3rd we got a request for additional evidence - submit a completed form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. 

I completed my medical exam in Ireland before entering the USA and gave it to immigration at point of entry. 

Our attorney has responded to this request stating that “a medical examination is not required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non immigrant spouse or fiancé of a United States citizen if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the nonimmigrant visa; provided that the medical examination must have occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application or adjustment of status.”

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to have the second medical exam cancelled? Or are we better off to bite the bullet and do it all over again? Thanks!!

Just an updated on my query. This morning USCIS cancelled the request for my medical to be redone thankfully! (21 days after my attorney mailed a notice saying I don’t have to complete it)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I submitted AOS on March 10th 2022 from K1 visa. Received EAD on December 22nd 2022. I currently still have a pending AP and form I485. My status changed today to case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. So i sign into my account to see there is a notice requesting my marriage certificate which i already sent with my original application and a request to get a medical

examination done. I did do a medical exam in my home country before coming to the US with a K1. 

what’s more confusing now is i see on my USCIS account that my status updated 3 times today. First said request for RFE was cancelled, then request for RFE was sent and the current says case is being actively reviewed and nothing is outstanding. The notice is still there though and i have already booked the medical exam. Has anyone experienced such updates? how did you handle it? Thanks03AF5A7E-8B9F-42CF-8F07-B4164C0E82AC.thumb.jpeg.e25bf0d176dd287d1458f1cdb6e288f8.jpeg

A2B4EBE1-C381-4527-B10C-4897A30CEF2E.jpeg

Timeline
17 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

Hey guys, 

I submitted AOS on March 10th 2022 from K1 visa. Received EAD on December 22nd 2022. I currently still have a pending AP and form I485. My status changed today to case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. So i sign into my account to see there is a notice requesting my marriage certificate which i already sent with my original application and a request to get a medical

examination done. I did do a medical exam in my home country before coming to the US with a K1. 

what’s more confusing now is i see on my USCIS account that my status updated 3 times today. First said request for RFE was cancelled, then request for RFE was sent and the current says case is being actively reviewed and nothing is outstanding. The notice is still there though and i have already booked the medical exam. Has anyone experienced such updates? how did you handle it? Thanks03AF5A7E-8B9F-42CF-8F07-B4164C0E82AC.thumb.jpeg.e25bf0d176dd287d1458f1cdb6e288f8.jpeg

A2B4EBE1-C381-4527-B10C-4897A30CEF2E.jpeg

That’s weird! But I’d wait to see what comes in the mail from them in the next week and hopefully they don’t ask for the medical exam to be done again! If it’s the marriage cert you should be able to just upload that online but I’d recommend mailing a letter stating that you completed a medical exam in your home country. That’s what I did and they cancelled it 3 weeks later and then 2 weeks later my green card was approved and came in the mail today. I submitted AOS march 10th too!

Timeline
1 hour ago, IrishLaura said:

That’s weird! But I’d wait to see what comes in the mail from them in the next week and hopefully they don’t ask for the medical exam to be done again! If it’s the marriage cert you should be able to just upload that online but I’d recommend mailing a letter stating that you completed a medical exam in your home country. That’s what I did and they cancelled it 3 weeks later and then 2 weeks later my green card was approved and came in the mail today. I submitted AOS march 10th too!

Thanks for the advice! Will do so

congrats on the approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am seeing the same thing as the person above. I already got an RFE back in September that I replied to but now I am getting a we are reviewing, and then and RFE and immediately another case is being reviewed and nothing outstanding.

I checked the document tab and there is nothing there. Is this a glitch or are they actually sending another RFE?

image.thumb.png.cf8764051d5510f361172ac024f9b19a.png

Timeline
23 hours ago, YoshiE615 said:

Did you get any update on your case? Was there actually an RFE?

No new update, the notice is still in my account. Waiting to see if i get it in mail. 
i did call USCIS and they said they can see i have an RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Just now, NatashaK1 said:

No new update, the notice is still in my account. Waiting to see if i get it in mail. 
i did call USCIS and they said they can see i have an RFE

Yea, I checked my account and there was an RFE letter for proof of bona fide marriage. Since interview is waived, they want me to send some proofs and then they will make decision. Maybe yours is same 

Timeline
13 hours ago, YoshiE615 said:

Yea, I checked my account and there was an RFE letter for proof of bona fide marriage. Since interview is waived, they want me to send some proofs and then they will make decision. Maybe yours is same 

Finally got the RFE letter in the mail today. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just email notice and green card has been approved. I didn't get any update for work or travel, will I automatically get them now AOS has been approved? No interview done.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Aoife&Cam said:

Just email notice and green card has been approved. I didn't get any update for work or travel, will I automatically get them now AOS has been approved? No interview done.

Yes, once green card has been approved you can work and travel outside the USA. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.