Aelius

Lacking the usual evidence of genuineness of relationship that most applicants have. How can I get some?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Sukie said:

I know that I can fill out a form for Australian immigration to get my travel history in and out of the country.  I googled the question for the US and found this site:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

It would surely show all border crossings...

Sukie in NY

Indeed, this is for crossing to the US side. I believe the US citizen fiancé drove to Canada each week. The equivalent Canadian government link for retrieving one's entry record is: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sukie said:

I know that I can fill out a form for Australian immigration to get my travel history in and out of the country.  I googled the question for the US and found this site:

Sukie in NY

Sorry...went back and re-read the OP's letter.  Is there some Canadian equivalent that would show the OP's border crossings???

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Sukie said:

Sukie in NY

For a USA citizen? I get:

No record found for traveler.

Which I would expect.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in a similar boat as you.  

I'm in Toronto and my man is in Rochester.  No plane tickets.  No passport stamps.  No hotel stays.  We did take some pictures which we submitted.  I wrote a letter outlining our meetings and attached it in the package.  We are taking a trip later in March, so we will have something solid to show when we go to the embassy.  

Now I heard some rumours that they don't go as hard on Canadians and that they don't press you to 'prove' your relationships to the same levels as if you were applying from another country, but that's all there is, rumours.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, JonInCA said:

I also wonder why the OP is doing a K1, since it will entail 9 or so months of not being able to work. 

Why does it take so long?  Is it because there is a backlog in the system because of covid for having your working papers approved?  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

You don't need a ring or to take a picture of an "engagement moment."

Indeed. In fact, my fiancé and I disagree with the whole societal notion of expensive rings as being a testament to the strength and realness of our relationship. It has me scratching my head whether some of these suggestions published long ago reflect an outdated bias and perhaps a tendency to republish from old, once authoritative sources. We were prepared with a spiel but no one asked about rings or engagement celebrations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

For a USA citizen? I get:

No record found for traveler.

Which I would expect.  

Yep.  Caught my mistake...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

There are too many of you to thank individually, but I appreciate all of your responses! Lots of good ideas here. Thanks everybody! More suggestions are always welcome, if anyone else has something to add :)

Contrary to Ontarkie's stubborn insistence, this question is neither a duplicate nor in the wrong forum. The thread to which that question was wrongly merged asked when it's best to file AOS. The second question, the one linked, asks about whether/who to notify about moving. It was posted in the K1 forum, which is where it belongs. It doesn't belong in the K1 AOS forum because it doesn't ask anything about AOS.

Reality does not change by silencing those who reveal it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, mytruelove18 said:

If you are lucky and they dont deny you when they review the case for lack of evidence, You will get rfe asking for evidences.

what evidence did you send with your petition?

No relationship evidence is needed for the K1.  Just proof that you have met physically in the last 2 years.

Some add relationship evidence to "front load" the petition.  But USCIS will approve without it.  The evidence will need to be presented at the embassy during the interview.

Ok, so I haven't been in this situation as we had flights involved BUT to maybe add an out there idea to the list, if you use Google Maps and have location services enabled, maybe somehow through that you could produce a log of continuous visits of each others address (there is a timeline feature where it shows how many times you visited a certain place during x months, for example, as far as I know)? This might be a bit overkill and there obviously are many issues with location services like that which I don't want to get into here (and I am in no way advocating for using them in general)  but just saying, IF you happen to have those enabled on your phones and DO have that timeline data available to you, it might be worth adding it to the evidence if you are comfortable with sharing that with USCIS. Overall, I think you will be fine though, your embassy will most likely be used to cases like this and evaluate the case accordingly. Good luck either way!

Edited by Catseal

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

The good thing is that Montreal is super backlogged so you'll still have some time to prep things. Send her flowers and keep the receipts, send each other cards or letters. She can pay the pizza guy here and there with her card. Do some day trips and take pictures. Take screenshots during video chats. 

The IO at the embassy needs to get a feeling for your relationship and that it's real so help them make a positive decision by painting a picture that's easy for them to understand.

There's no need to have a ring, not even a cute proposal story is needed but that's something that many still do so it's on their list of suggestions. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, MRJ9987 said:

Why does it take so long?  Is it because there is a backlog in the system because of covid for having your working papers approved?  

It's horrible backlogged since Covid started yes. 

On 2/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, Aelius said:

What evidence did you provide for your K1, if I may ask? Maybe it's something that I could use too!

And even if K1 wasn't the best choice in retrospect, it's already in the process and I'm not going to scrap it at this point just to go with CR1 or whatever, you know?

Curious if Canada logs border crossings by USC’s?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Someone may have mentioned it already and sorry if they have, but if you change your display name on discord, it retrospectively changes all the messages to that name. Me and my fiance use discord literally all day, everyday and we use funny display names sometimes as a joke but would be awkward to send to a government official, so we temp changed the display names while I went through and screenshot everything.

Hope this helps, I know it only answers one part of what you said and you are right, anyone can do chat logs, but it just adds to the story I guess?

I felt super weird putting it all together and going through all our old FB chat logs too was weird also. Good news for the FB ones though, you can request all the data for that one from your options, so they sent me a zip file thing to open up and just scroll and snap.

Oh I read up a little bit also and saw about border crossing history - I've found the UK government does this under a Data Subject Access Request, which I believe the Canadian government also kind of follow? I read something recently - maybe you can request it from them that way? Might help to have that list from the Canadian goverment just acknowledging that theyve crossed the border X amount of times, if they keep a record like that?

Edited by qargory

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.