Kiana & Katarina

k-1 processing time 9-12 months???

35 posts in this topic

Timeline

Is anyone else seeing this? Just refreshed the USCIS processing times for i-129f/k-1 and they're currently processing cases from the 11th of Feb, 2021? A few days ago when I looked they were at the end of April. Anyone know what is going on? Is this really true? 

~ Moved from K1 Process to Progress Reports ~

Seems to be accurate considering the pace they’ve been adjudicating I-129F’s at. Fluctuations in processing times are normal and unfortunately out of your control.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, powerpuff said:

~ Moved from K1 Process to Progress Reports ~

Seems to be accurate considering the pace they’ve been adjudicating I-129F’s at. Fluctuations in processing times are normal and unfortunately out of your control.

Yup. This wasn’t a surprise to anyone who follows the VJ forums. Hopefully this triggers some internal review to put more people on it; last time this happened, I think there was actually a coincidental increase in March cases grabbed. Nonetheless it reflects the current reality, nobody getting approved was within 7 - 9 months as previously alleged.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, katiana said:

Is anyone else seeing this? Just refreshed the USCIS processing times for i-129f/k-1 and they're currently processing cases from the 11th of Feb, 2021? A few days ago when I looked they were at the end of April. Anyone know what is going on? Is this really true? 

This time range is how long it is taking USCIS to process your case from the date we received it. We generally process cases in the order we receive them, and we will update this page each month. The estimated time range displayed is based on data captured approximately two months prior to updating the page. Please note that times may change without prior notice.

That is something I kept in mind while waiting for my approval (well it turned out to be an RFE in September and then approval in October).  My general rule of thumb is, if that date hits or goes past your date, then put in the case outside of processing time.  Otherwise, there is really nothing else you can do but wait.  For us, this was the hardest part of the K1 process (from sending I-129F to visa approved and issued) so I encourage you both to just stay positive and strong throughout this.

16 hours ago, katiana said:

Processing times are not absolute. The numbers shown are averages and those can shift depending on circumstances.

Edited by mushroomspore

In my years on VJ, I've seen the I129f processing times range from 3-12 months.  It fluctuated pre-covid as well.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

There should be a banner in VisaJourney that reads: PROCESSING TIMES ARE BS. DON’T EVEN LOOK AT THEM.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yeah I just saw this too and it ruined my day. It was 6-8 months a few months ago! Feels like it'll never happen and we're gonna be blindly waiting for the rest of eternity.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
13 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

In my years on VJ, I've seen the I129f processing times range from 3-12 months.  It fluctuated pre-covid as well.  

Curious, have you ever seen the times fluctuate beyond 12 months? The March filers are already facing that timeline, but I’m interested if there’s any precedent of processing extending longer (particularly considering how only 30 cases were done Friday)

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

366 days today and going strong, happy anniversary to us I guess! Still waiting NOA2. Trying to be positive, and not complain as much lol but it is really hard... kind of feeling on my last breath. I hope it is not going to be like this for you all waiting. Only the beginning of the journey! 👍

Timeline
10 minutes ago, LemonLemonade said:

366 days today and going strong, happy anniversary to us I guess! Still waiting NOA2. Trying to be positive, and not complain as much lol but it is really hard... kind of feeling on my last breath. I hope it is not going to be like this for you all waiting. Only the beginning of the journey! 👍

that sounds so intense... it seems physically impossible that we have to wait THIS long just to get married (even in covid times, it still feels impossibly long.) i hope you get your NOA2 really really soon! hang in there.

2 hours ago, slavaskii said:

Curious, have you ever seen the times fluctuate beyond 12 months? The March filers are already facing that timeline, but I’m interested if there’s any precedent of processing extending longer (particularly considering how only 30 cases were done Friday)

Not in large numbers-  as case outliers, yes.

On 1/29/2022 at 10:31 AM, Keithn85 said:

This time range is how long it is taking USCIS to process your case from the date we received it. We generally process cases in the order we receive them, and we will update this page each month. The estimated time range displayed is based on data captured approximately two months prior to updating the page. Please note that times may change without prior notice.

That is something I kept in mind while waiting for my approval (well it turned out to be an RFE in September and then approval in October).  My general rule of thumb is, if that date hits or goes past your date, then put in the case outside of processing time.  Otherwise, there is really nothing else you can do but wait.  For us, this was the hardest part of the K1 process (from sending I-129F to visa approved and issued) so I encourage you both to just stay positive and strong throughout this.

So, according to this 2 months in advance you mention, could be better times the upcoming moths once March and April backlog are not stuck anymore?. Regards! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.