sancocho

N-400 January 2022 Filers

229 posts in this topic

After 6 months of waiting, Last 06/30/22, i received my letter from USCIS for my interview Date on July 27.

——————————-

01/17/22 - Received noticed online that they received my application and they reuse my biometrics.

01/16/22 - Filed my N400 online.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good Morning, 

I’m scheduled for N400 interview August 15th. I didn’t get a notification via text or email. I found out when I refresh my USCIS case tracker app this morning. 

Please I would really appreciate if you guys can tell me how to prepare, what version of USCIS Civic test should I use and what platform I can use to learn the US History, Constitution ETC. 

Thank you.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:34 PM, Tinskee said:

After 6 months of waiting, Last 06/30/22, i received my letter from USCIS for my interview Date on July 27.

——————————-

01/17/22 - Received noticed online that they received my application and they reuse my biometrics.

01/16/22 - Filed my N400 online.

Did you get any email updates from USCIS?

On 7/5/2022 at 11:35 AM, Richybrainy said:

Good Morning, 

I’m scheduled for N400 interview August 15th. I didn’t get a notification via text or email. I found out when I refresh my USCIS case tracker app this morning. 

Please I would really appreciate if you guys can tell me how to prepare, what version of USCIS Civic test should I use and what platform I can use to learn the US History, Constitution ETC. 

Thank you.

I think there are plenty of resources. Maybe search reddit or even this forum in google. "USCIS Civic test preparation reddit" .. something like that

On 6/29/2022 at 7:14 PM, Andel79 said:

Filed Jan 15, bio reuse Jan 18, dead ever since! PHL FO! Every time I call or chat thru Emma it is the same (I think they are getting annoyed by me lol). 
I am happy for everyone and want to be excited for myself too (I know, selfish )

I hope everyone from Jan 2022 will get their interviews by the end of the August!

I'm with you. Waiting at San Antonio office. Too lazy to call. Still waiting. I made a mistake though, I put my name under my "wife:" name in the application. Hopefully I can correct it during interview time. Do you think I should call ahead?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Please I would really appreciate if you guys can tell me how to prepare, what version of USCIS Civic test should I use and what platform I can use to learn the US History, Constitution ETC

Lots of resources. Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DxKsNYfLGo&t=193s

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/find-study-materials-and-resources/study-for-the-test-2008-version/2008-civics-practice-test

Lover and hubby to 1, Daddy to 2. I do enjoy growing older but not growing up.

A filthy, dirty oilfield engineer.

N400 through marriage to another filthy dirty oilfield engineer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 5/17/2022 at 5:14 PM, mysticdolphin95 said:

Yes, since this was a combo interview I was required to be there.  We both went back, and the 751 portion of the interview was first - just asked us basic biographical questions, then questions about how we met and the timeline of our relationship.  Then I was asked to leave so she could conduct the N400 portion of the interview; husband said it was easy, he aced the civics questions and the only doc he was asked for was his proof of Selective Service registration.  After that, the officer had me come back into the room so I could see husband take the oath of allegiance.  

Congrats!!!... so your husband got the oat ceremony & citizenship certificate  right there? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Got a notification that my interview was scheduled! No notice in the mail yet, but they uploaded the PDF in the MyUSCIS portal and it says my interview is in Chicago on August 10. 

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you.

I'm preparing using the 2008 version of the test as they reverted back to it last year thankfully. There is an official list on the USCIS website and a free app I downloaded to practice with flashcards.

On 7/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, entoutcas said:

I'm preparing using the 2008 version of the test as they reverted back to it last year thankfully. There is an official list on the USCIS website and a free app I downloaded to practice with flashcards.

Awh man, well I'm an idiot. I didn't read that they'd reverted back to 2008 so I've been practicing 2020 haha. Hopefully not that many differences, but at least I caught the mistake with 1 month before my interview :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 7/7/2022 at 3:26 PM, CE and JR said:

Congrats!!!... so your husband got the oat ceremony & citizenship certificate  right there? 

Yes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I and my wife applied N400 on Jan 15 2022.

My wife had her interview in Hartford CT office on June 23 and I had my interview at same place on July 12. We did not get the oath same day since our interview was in afternoon and the oath cutoff is at 1.30 pm. The office seemed very efficient and the USCIS staff was very courteous and appeared very kind. The interview included raising hand and agreeing to be truthful, followed by picture and fingerprints. Reading/Writing a simple sentence. This was followed by the civics exam - Got all 6 correct. The officer went over the N400 application and asked about who sponsored the employment green card, details of children, marriage, inquired about any pending tax payments, memberships of professional organizations, any driving tickets, etc. Overall, the officer made me feel comfortable. After 23 years of living and going through student visa, multiple H1bs, followed by Perm/I40/485 and multiple renewals of EADs/APs, I485 approval in 2017, the N400 interview concluded in an approval recommendation by the immigration officer. On next day (July 13), the online case status changed to "Oath will be scheduled".

Now awaiting the oath ceremony letter.

Edited by connecticare

On 7/5/2022 at 12:35 PM, Richybrainy said:

Good Morning, 

Thank you.

Here's the official question list:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf 

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/7/2022 at 3:05 PM, entoutcas said:

Got a notification that my interview was scheduled! No notice in the mail yet, but they uploaded the PDF in the MyUSCIS portal and it says my interview is in Chicago on August 10. 

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly! 

Same date here, but in Los Angeles. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

January filer here. Received online notice for scheduled interview 7/5/22 and hard copy in the mail on 7/10/22. Interview date is 8/10/22.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Well, I had my interview scheduled for today, but hubby tested positive for covid.

I'm still negative with no symptoms (knock on wood) but I called and they won't let me in. They are rescheduling my appointment. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.