sancocho

N-400 January 2022 Filers

229 posts in this topic

Just filed my N400 online so I'm starting this thread. Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Your date just opened yesterday and you already filed?

I hope it will not come to bite you later BUT you should have waited one week in. USCIS online time does not respect time zones. WE talk abut this all the time here.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Yup. I read all those before filing. The receipt date and priority date on the N-400 receipt notice is 1 day after my early filing eligibility, so I'm good.

Hi all! We'll be filling this month, I think. I'm not sure the earliest date we can file? We applied for removal of conditions Jan 4 and got approved in April. Can we apply now or do we have to wait for April? 

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Hi there! I would like some advice on applying online

Background:

1. Enter base on marriage. GC 2 years issued: April 18 2019
  2. File i751 Feb 2021 (status pending) 

Questions:-

A. From what I gather in the forum, most apply online? Just to make sure I don’t mess the submission timeline, I want to ask, Can I create the online account now and prepare a “draft - upload docs” then click submit on the 18th OR is it only possible to create the account on/after the 18th?

B. Any advice on what documents require for online submission. 

C. Is there anywhere in the form we need to declare that i751 is pending. Just want to make sure it’s properly reported if required. 

D. Any other advice is appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance! 

Fong

23 hours ago, FLM said:

Hi there! I would like some advice on applying online

Background:

1. Enter base on marriage. GC 2 years issued: April 18 2019
  2. File i751 Feb 2021 (status pending) 

Questions:-

A. From what I gather in the forum, most apply online? Just to make sure I don’t mess the submission timeline, I want to ask, Can I create the online account now and prepare a “draft - upload docs” then click submit on the 18th OR is it only possible to create the account on/after the 18th?

B. Any advice on what documents require for online submission. 

C. Is there anywhere in the form we need to declare that i751 is pending. Just want to make sure it’s properly reported if required. 

D. Any other advice is appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance! 

Fong

Hi Fong! 

I've been working on my husband's this week and it's basically the same as the i751 questions and same required documents. Marriage/birth certificates, copy of green card, evidence of actual marriage, etc. You may need to add the newest tax return transcript. I didn't see anything about acknowledging pending cases. It seems to me that if they have your A number and can access your application, then it stands to reason they would be able to see your other pending case. From what I understand, lots of people file concurrently and it's not an issue. 

The website also lets you complete a page at a time and saves each page as you go forward. That's really been a great feature for me because I don't have much time right now to do a ton of paper work all at once! We'll probably submit next week or the week after depending. 

Filing online is such a boon! I am so glad that this is the last "paperwork" I'll ever have to do for USCIS! 

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Filed last night.  I-751 still pending after ~12 months.  Buffalo seems to be pretty fast for naturalization so hopefully this is all wrapped up sometime this year!

11 hours ago, BVGApeach said:

Hi Fong! 

I've been working on my husband's this week and it's basically the same as the i751 questions and same required documents. Marriage/birth certificates, copy of green card, evidence of actual marriage, etc. You may need to add the newest tax return transcript. I didn't see anything about acknowledging pending cases. It seems to me that if they have your A number and can access your application, then it stands to reason they would be able to see your other pending case. From what I understand, lots of people file concurrently and it's not an issue. 

The website also lets you complete a page at a time and saves each page as you go forward. That's really been a great feature for me because I don't have much time right now to do a ton of paper work all at once! We'll probably submit next week or the week after depending. 

Filing online is such a boon! I am so glad that this is the last "paperwork" I'll ever have to do for USCIS! 

Hi!

Thanks so much for the update/info.  Looks like online is the way to go :) 

I was trying to be extra careful with the submission timeline and I didn't know we can create the account now. So thanks for the information!

Good luck to all of us :)

Just filed N400 online (so much easier than all of the other paper petitions filed). 

AOS approved 4/5/2019

ROC filed 1/30/2021 - Still Pending

Case will be worked out of Charlotte office, so any advice or recent timelines would be appreciated

x

I read the thread that mentioned filing online could put your case date a day behind. I checked mine and it now looks like they've changed the timezone to GMT as it's showing a day after.

Filed 01/09/2022

ELIS Payment Email says 01/10/2022

So I think we're good :) 

Good Luck everyone!

EMAIL RECEIVED

image.thumb.png.382cd04e3edeb242f503da57a54f9b29.png

ELIS EMAIL PAYMENT TIMESTAMP

image.png.26e687703738fb8aebebcbc77e4162c3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Filled today Online. nearest local office is Houston, TX

AoS April 2019

CG RoC approved back in May 2021 (it was faster than expected, biometrics waived for this procedure)

Family Based - 3 Yrs Rule

<--- check my timeline if curious 

Edited by CE and JR
Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We (my wife and I) are starting the N-400 Naturalization journey and stumbled upon this forum.

Our green card date is 4/13/2017 - Employment based green card that took forever to get approved.

Based on the USCIS calculator, the earliest we can apply N400 is 1/13/2022 (yesterday). I have been and my wife has been working on her application for last 3 weeks and both the applications are ready. We are planning to submit on 1/15/2022 (tomorrow) US East Coast morning to avoid any USCIS date calculation errors that I have read on these forums.

Please advise me if 1/15/22 (+2 days from earliest eligible filing date) would be ok for filing or should we wait few more days. 

Thank you for reading and taking time to respond to my question.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We filed our applications this morning Jan 15 at 9.20 AM EST. The ELIS payment confirmation says Transaction Date: Jan 15, 2022 02:21:46 PM.

The USCIS online account says application received Jan 14, which is not correct. However the case history says:

Case history

Status Date
Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS January 15, 2022
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice. January 15, 2022

In about half hour we got notice that our cases are eligible to reuse the biometrics USCIS has on files. The processing time listed for our cases is 13 months. The last USCIS journey for us has started. Hopefully, we are US Citizens by the end of this calendar year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.