Sarge2155

December 2021 - AOS Filers

159 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/22/2022 at 12:51 PM, CaLi90 said:

Submitted all 3 applications in December 2021 (AOS, EAD and AP), had biometrics in January and had to reply to RFE by March 2022. After that we didn’t hear anything until mid June, the interview had been scheduled and we had our AOS interview July 20th and approved the following day. 

We were interviewed in New York City and our appointment time was 12:55pm, we were called in only 5 minutes after this (we know we are very lucky with this), they didn’t ask for recent photos, or affidavit of support and recent supporting documents for that but that was what the RFE was for in march so they may have not asked due to it being quite recent. They asked legal questions that were on AOS application, and asked my spouse and I around 7 questions each, mainly about partners kids, how we met, where we live etc etc. The officer was very professional but polite/friendly. 

Hope everyone gets their interviews soon! We found it hard in NYC without being able to work, but glad we were able to receive AOS approval relatively fast. 

Hey, are you based in Manhattan or another borough? I'm trying to work out what is taking mine so long! Thank you and congratulations :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, DG92 said:

Hey, are you based in Manhattan or another borough? I'm trying to work out what is taking mine so long! Thank you and congratulations :)

We’re in the BX, but the interview took place in Manhattan. 

Thank you 🙂, hope you get yours soon too!

My son had his interview on June 16, 2022 and the officer said will waved the I-130 and he got a verbal approval from the officer, but he didn’t get any update on the system, and he haven't received any mail for the approval or green card until now, and the case status on the system still says "Interview was scheduled." When he expect to receive the green card or any other update on system please advise what to do?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, rnmylle said:

Has anyone made any progress this month? Seems like another month passed with no new notices.

Still have heard nothing. We just submitted for an expedite for my husband  Ead smh. Hoping something comes of that. This wait has been treacherous.

Edited by Lissweetaspie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

SC: NBC, FO: Charleston SC

PD: Dec 8 2021

Biometrics: Jan 13 2022

EAD Standalone approved: April 20 2022

Case been in actively reviewing since then with no change. 

I called and apparently my interview was waived in July, but I have no case change or proof of this so I don't know what to believe. 

Timeline

Finally got an approval on EAD after requesting an expedite, waiting for card to be mailed out. Thank goodness! Stay hopeful everyone! Does anyone know if my husband can use this to get a drivers license issued?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/29/2022 at 5:27 AM, rnmylle said:

Has anyone made any progress this month? Seems like another month passed with no new notices.

No, and it's becoming so frustrating! In my area (Los Angeles), it says 6-18 months. Can a simple AOS take 18 months? I filed in December 2021. 

On 9/1/2022 at 10:35 AM, Lissweetaspie said:

Finally got an approval on EAD after requesting an expedite, waiting for card to be mailed out. Thank goodness! Stay hopeful everyone! Does anyone know if my husband can use this to get a drivers license issued?

Hi, how do you expedite without a job offer? I'm so sorry to ask this but I was patient, thinking I'd get my green card by September (filed in December 2021) but now I really am running out of money.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, LJVotolato said:

No, and it's becoming so frustrating! In my area (Los Angeles), it says 6-18 months. Can a simple AOS take 18 months? I filed in December 2021. 

Hi, how do you expedite without a job offer? I'm so sorry to ask this but I was patient, thinking I'd get my green card by September (filed in December 2021) but now I really am running out of money.

I used Emma and asked for an info pass, that got me to a live person. I asked for the live person to submit an expedite for the EAD, we informed them that we had a couple utilities bills we were getting behind on and a job offer that could get cancelled. They submitted the expedite request. We never got asked provide any evidence, the status was updated to card being produced after 8 days of the request being submitted. I hope that helps you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lissweetaspie said:

I used Emma and asked for an info pass, that got me to a live person. I asked for the live person to submit an expedite for the EAD, we informed them that we had a couple utilities bills we were getting behind on and a job offer that could get cancelled. They submitted the expedite request. We never got asked provide any evidence, the status was updated to card being produced after 8 days of the request being submitted. I hope that helps you!

Thank you! So helpful. I'll do that. Did you get ANY expedite on the travel part when you did this? I miss my family so much.

Timeline
16 hours ago, LJVotolato said:

Thank you! So helpful. I'll do that. Did you get ANY expedite on the travel part when you did this? I miss my family so much.

The letter we got in the mail says they also approved the travel document. We are expecting the combo card to arrive this weekend. 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, LJVotolato said:

Can a simple AOS take 18 months? I filed in December 2021. 

Even simpler I-751 applications are taking over a year nowadays. That's for people who already had AOS in the past and only have to confirm they're still married. So no wonders...

Timeline
4 hours ago, OldUser said:

Even simpler I-751 applications are taking over a year nowadays. That's for people who already had AOS in the past and only have to confirm they're still married. So no wonders...

I'm so confused by this system... more than I was before. People who filed this summer are getting full approval while others from last year are still waiting. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, DG92 said:

I'm so confused by this system... more than I was before. People who filed this summer are getting full approval while others from last year are still waiting. 

I am soooo confused also. I am still waiting for my EAD approval and it's been over 8 months. 

13 hours ago, DG92 said:

My silly theory (only speculation) is that to improve statistics they process new cases faster so the average processing times look better 😅

Or they're applying new risk based approach to new cases, while processing the old ones using previous approach. Oh well...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.