Sarge2155

December 2021 - AOS Filers

159 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

As a data point for any December filers, I received my combo EAD/AP card today, no expedite. Submitted AOS/EAD/AP on December 21, card was produced 5/14.

AOS timeline will be interesting as we moved from SF to Chicago a month ago and submitted the address change, but so far the I485 hasn’t been transferred to the Chicago field office yet. Not sure if our case gets sent to the back of the line in Chicago when the case gets transferred or if they still go by PD date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 12/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, FatBurger said:

Adjustment of Status

DACA recipient
Married to US citizen
Forms: I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131

Service center: #IOE / National Benefit Center

Mailed on: December 22, 2021
Received on: December 24, 2021
Receipt notices for all received by textDecember 28, 2021

Biometrics Reuse noticeDecember 29, 2021

•  

Expedited AP in February through NY Senator. Have already traveled outside the country 3 times :)

Today we received a notification that interview has been scheduled. Not sure on date yet. But moving relatively fast compare to my expectations. NYC Based.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:30 AM, Pemar said:

Update

April 12th, 2022: combo card is being produced 

I requested to expedite.

USCIS asked for proof and 12 days after l faxed the proof, they approved EAD and advance parole!

My field office is Washington DC, so l don't have a lot of hope to have my interview soon though...

Hello there.

what was your Expedited request for? And 

what kind of proof did They wanna get from u ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/21/2022 at 9:44 PM, kogu said:

As a data point for any December filers, I received my combo EAD/AP card today, no expedite. Submitted AOS/EAD/AP on December 21, card was produced 5/14.

AOS timeline will be interesting as we moved from SF to Chicago a month ago and submitted the address change, but so far the I485 hasn’t been transferred to the Chicago field office yet. Not sure if our case gets sent to the back of the line in Chicago when the case gets transferred or if they still go by PD date.

Did you have any RFE? I filed late December, got a RFE right away which I submitted within a day and haven't heard back since! Dying to start working or at least go to Canada to see my family. I'm in LA.

Timeline
On 5/18/2022 at 4:44 AM, anitka said:

Come on December fillers !! Someone give us some hope ! 

Anyone with an interview date or AP approved? (not a combo card)

:D 

No hope as I'm in the same boat as you. Where are you? I'm in Los Angeles and it says this? This can't be real???? I was thinking 6-9 months?

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 12.42.28 PM.png

1 hour ago, LJVotolato said:

No hope as I'm in the same boat as you. Where are you? I'm in Los Angeles and it says this? This can't be real???? I was thinking 6-9 months?

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 12.42.28 PM.png

Did you get RFE for I-765?

I got a RFE for I-485 and uploaded files online few days ago but I am sooooooo cofused, seems like there is so many cases where people wait to get response for RFE which is more than 3/4 months !

My AP is with MSC and case was received in Feb since then there is no response... I believe I will get a message if they gonna reuse my biometrics but there is nothing. Like nooooo movement. I am in FL but all cases are with National Benefits 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline
On 5/28/2022 at 8:08 PM, Tgb said:

Hello there.

what was your Expedited request for? And 

what kind of proof did They wanna get from u ? 

Hi,

My justification was financial loss. The email that they sent me was asking to fax proof of financial loss, no more details though. I faxed them my husband's pay stubs, a detailed excel with our monthly expenses (by category) and all the bills/documents for every category, except food/groceries receipts.

Edited by Pemar

Hello everyone - sorry for the delayed updates there's been a lot happening personally.

Good news for us, I-485 was approved following interview on 5/11. We received confirmation notice on 5/13.

Card was mailed out and we received 5/20.

AP was never approved as a combo card with EAD in our experience, but again the green card got approved just 2 months after EAD so that may be why. 

13 hours ago, Familiar said:

Hello everyone - sorry for the delayed updates there's been a lot happening personally.

Good news for us, I-485 was approved following interview on 5/11. We received confirmation notice on 5/13.

AP was never approved as a combo card with EAD in our experience, but again the green card got approved just 2 months after EAD so that may be why. 

Congrats!!! What visa did you have before applying for AOS? Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 5/18/2022 at 1:18 AM, AlenaZie said:

Alright, now it's my time to share. 
December, 22nd, 2021- sent all the papers and forms

February, 2nd, 2022 -  biometric appointment

April 1st, 2022 - sent sponsor's papers (we needed one), plus taxes for the most recent year (which was 2021)
April 6th, 2022 - USCIS got our sponsor's papers, sent Work Authorization. 
April 12, 2022 - received work authorization...

We are in NYC it looks like the process is going pretty fast compare to how it was in previous years, but still... when is the interview!!!???? :)  
I really appreciate if someone will share any similar situation or experience! 
And good luck to all of you! 

PS I used my vocabulary to describe the case, cause its too complicated all that forms and visa numbers and I just can't remember anything 😄

For your work authorization, did you receive the combo card (EAD+AP) or just the EAD card?  We're in NYC too and just got our notice that the work authorization was approved... didn't receive the card yet. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:16 AM, eyk said:

For your work authorization, did you receive the combo card (EAD+AP) or just the EAD card?  We're in NYC too and just got our notice that the work authorization was approved... didn't receive the card yet. 

Just EAD
Good news our interview is scheduled. So looks like the process goes really fast lately. 
So good luck guys! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 12/18/2021 at 1:25 PM, eyk said:

Thank you for creating the December thread! 

Adjustment of status from K1 Fiance visa

Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Forms: I-485, I-864, I-131, I-765

Sent via Fedex: 12/12/2021

Received: 12/15/2021

Charged: 12/16/2021

eNotification: 12/17/2021

Fingers crossed for getting the Advance Parole before July! 

6/12/2022 - EAD card received!  Although we applied for the AP, did not get the combo card. 

6/13/2022 - Notification our interview was scheduled!  Looks like NYC is finally processing the December submissions! 

Timeline
On 5/31/2022 at 2:12 PM, anitka said:

Did you get RFE for I-765?

I got a RFE for I-485 and uploaded files online few days ago but I am sooooooo cofused, seems like there is so many cases where people wait to get response for RFE which is more than 3/4 months !

My AP is with MSC and case was received in Feb since then there is no response... I believe I will get a message if they gonna reuse my biometrics but there is nothing. Like nooooo movement. I am in FL but all cases are with National Benefits 

My file says that reviewing is in progress for all three. I'm getting so frustrated as it's been 6 months now and it seems like others here who applied in January are getting their approvals or even their interview dates!

Timeline
On 5/31/2022 at 3:17 PM, Pemar said:

Hi,

My justification was financial loss. The email that they sent me was asking to fax proof of financial loss, no more details though. I faxed them my husband's pay stubs, a detailed excel with our monthly expenses (by category) and all the bills/documents for every category, except food/groceries receipts.

Hi, can you guide me where you found the instructions to submit an expedited request? I applied for everything in December and it says it's currently being reviewed (no update since February) and I am going crazy unable to work. 

On 6/2/2022 at 6:10 AM, Familiar said:

Hi, when did you submit? Also, did you get an RFE?

On 6/2/2022 at 10:05 PM, Cocos123 said:

Congrats!!! What visa did you have before applying for AOS? Thanks.

He came on a B2 visitor and we did AOS after weighing options, looking at initial wait times being reported at the end of 2021 between fiance and spouse, and concerns with global events at the time. I had evidence between his initial return flight purchase, reschedules of his flight by extending the visit for holidays, and screenshots of our online conversations that there wasn't intent for him to stay originally but we couldn't bear the thought of him returning. The agent was accepting of our verbal explanation when the question came up in the interview and didn't have to present the physical evidence.

On 6/13/2022 at 3:08 PM, LJVotolato said:

Hi, when did you submit? Also, did you get an RFE?

Our application was received December 22, 2021. 

We did get RFE once for getting his long birth certificate and correcting my financial affidavit form (I missed 3 tiny boxes) which I submitted at same time. Within two days EAD was approved and less than two months for interview to be scheduled. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.