Sarge2155

December 2021 - AOS Filers

159 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, geheimel said:

UPDATE AGAIN

I had my green card interview today and we got approved!!

However, the officer said that she still needs to add my medical results from my K1 application to my AOS and make it all electronically. 

I don't know how long that will take her but she told us she would do it during her lunchbreak and I should get my Green Card within 2 weeks. 

As of right now my status still says 

March 17, 2022

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

That was lightning 🌩 fast considering!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello! We filed AOS back in December and my husband had his biometrics appointment in January. Our status has remained as “case is being actively reviewed” ever since. 

We selected the option to have his SSN processed with the form. Has anyone else done this and have you received your SSN yet?? We also filled out the employment authorization but haven’t heard anything for that yet. 

Does anybody have experience with applying for  TVDL while waiting for adjustment of status. 

No social security and have been here for 1.5 years. Did biometrics but still waiting for anything to change no EAD yet. 

In the meanwhile can i apply for TVDL to drive or will that cause problems with the AOS?

please let me know what your experiences have been.

Thanks

On 12/30/2021 at 9:20 AM, Familiar said:

Adjustment of Status
Married to US citizen
Canadian visitor

Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Forms: I-30, I-485, I-864, I-131, I-765

Sent via Fedex: 12/21/2021

Received: 12/22/2021
eNotification: 12/26/2021

Checks deposited: 12/27/2021

Waiting on paper receipt in mail. Fingers crossed that it'll be a faster processing time for 2022 for all of us. 

And thank you to everyone who helped answer my questions on this site while we explored options and up to submitting the documentation. 

1/4/2022 - RFE notice for long birth certificate for 485 and need to resubmit fully completed 864 form with recent tax information (missed some tiny income boxes needing to be filled out).

1/29/2022 - Biometrics appointment scheduled.

2/23/2022 - Biometric appointment completed.

3/16/2022 - got long birth certificate order in mail, finally able to submit the RFE information requested by USCIS correspondence via online. Received immediate notice from USCIS processing case again.

3/17/2022 - I-693 deficiency notification sent as courtesy letter.

3/18/2022 - EAD approved, pending card to be sent. 

Seeing how quickly some people have had a fast turn around time with responses for interviews being scheduled, and it looks like the 693 exam is now valid for 2 years with a recent 12/9/2021 policy change of no longer needing to sign 60 days before application submission (or interview I was originally told), we'll work on getting the exam completed ASAP to avoid any further roadblocks on processing request. 

Quick update,

Just checked the status online, my EAD card has changed the status to

On March 21, 2022, we ordered your card to be produced.

I have attended bio-metrics on 4th of February. My AP still saying 'received'. Question - did anyone received a combo card? I applied for I-131 AFTER filling whole package for AoS.

I hope everyone will receive their shortly !! 

On 3/15/2022 at 1:44 PM, BuffPool said:

Biometrics Feb 9th, Case actively reviewed since then. 

Update!

I-765 work card being produced today! 

1 hour ago, BuffPool said:

Update!

I-765 work card being produced today! 

Ready to go to work now!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

46 minutes ago, Hcat said:

Oh Wow, Thats so fast! Congratulations!! Did you expedite your case?

No experdite.

Just now, Sarge2155 said:

Ready to go to work now!

Never been so excited to get a job 😂

On 3/25/2022 at 2:22 PM, BuffPool said:

No experdite.

Never been so excited to get a job 😂

Thats awesome congrats. Biometrics for me were Feb 16 so a week after you.. I am praying to get a good update this week lol 

My tracking number starts with IOE did you have the same? or is EAD approval dependent on office? 

On 3/28/2022 at 10:17 AM, Lady_L said:

Thats awesome congrats. Biometrics for me were Feb 16 so a week after you.. I am praying to get a good update this week lol 

My tracking number starts with IOE did you have the same? or is EAD approval dependent on office? 

Yes IOE! I'm unsure whether its office or not. Sorry!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just checked my husband’s status and today his I-765 EAD was approved! The status has now changed to “card is being produced” - thank goodness! 

1 hour ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

Just checked my husband’s status and today his I-765 EAD was approved! The status has now changed to “card is being produced” - thank goodness! 

Time to go to work!😊

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.