Sarge2155

December 2021 - AOS Filers

159 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2022 at 1:07 PM, LJVotolato said:

My file says that reviewing is in progress for all three. I'm getting so frustrated as it's been 6 months now and it seems like others here who applied in January are getting their approvals or even their interview dates!

Me the same. December 22. And in feb last review. Still waiting. After me who applied on the same cases, They got approvals. This is not fair.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:17 AM, Familiar said:

He came on a B2 visitor and we did AOS after weighing options, looking at initial wait times being reported at the end of 2021 between fiance and spouse, and concerns with global events at the time. I had evidence between his initial return flight purchase, reschedules of his flight by extending the visit for holidays, and screenshots of our online conversations that there wasn't intent for him to stay originally but we couldn't bear the thought of him returning. The agent was accepting of our verbal explanation when the question came up in the interview and didn't have to present the physical evidence.

Our application was received December 22, 2021. 

We did get RFE once for getting his long birth certificate and correcting my financial affidavit form (I missed 3 tiny boxes) which I submitted at same time. Within two days EAD was approved and less than two months for interview to be scheduled. 

Same received date but no Action from february.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tgb said:

Me the same. December 22. And in feb last review. Still waiting. After me who applied on the same cases, They got approvals. This is not fair.

There’s some cases in LA that applied after me that already have their GC in hand. It’s so not fair, but such is life in American immigration. :( 

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know if this constitutes as an "update" but any type of new information is celebratory since I've waited so long and here is some!

I sent them a message on May 30 re: my December 2021 AOS application since I haven't had an update since February (where it says they are actively reviewing). I don't know if this is NEW information from "actively reviewing" but this is what they responded with the following paragraph today (almost a month later). 

Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office. Interview appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Field Office. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an Interview Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local Field Office. You must take the Interview Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. Please review the Interview Appointment Notice for any other requirements.

6 minutes ago, LJVotolato said:

I don't know if this constitutes as an "update" but any type of new information is celebratory since I've waited so long and here is some!

I sent them a message on May 30 re: my December 2021 AOS application since I haven't had an update since February (where it says they are actively reviewing). I don't know if this is NEW information from "actively reviewing" but this is what they responded with the following paragraph today (almost a month later). 

Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office. Interview appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Field Office. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an Interview Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local Field Office. You must take the Interview Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. Please review the Interview Appointment Notice for any other requirements.

Thnx for ur response. Did u send a message on uscis account? They dont usually respond the message from This way. You must be lucky ❤️ 

maybe We can try the same way. No Action from feb. And it is getting crazy. At least my husband need to get work permit. infilation effects for anyone. This is not fair

Timeline
Just now, Tgb said:

Thnx for ur response. Did u send a message on uscis account? They dont usually respond the message from This way. You must be lucky ❤️ 

maybe We can try the same way. No Action from feb. And it is getting crazy. At least my husband need to get work permit. infilation effects for anyone. This is not fair

Yeah, I sent it from the USCIS account (~month ago). Wait, your husband got his work permit approved? I submitted all three forms in December and nothing has been approved (work, travel, AOS).

4 minutes ago, LJVotolato said:

Yeah, I sent it from the USCIS account (~month ago). Wait, your husband got his work permit approved? I submitted all three forms in December and nothing has been approved (work, travel, AOS).

Noooo. I mean at least We need work permit. But nothing approved.  We Are the Same as u. ( work, travel and aos). 

On 6/15/2022 at 2:17 PM, Familiar said:

He came on a B2 visitor and we did AOS after weighing options, looking at initial wait times being reported at the end of 2021 between fiance and spouse, and concerns with global events at the time. I had evidence between his initial return flight purchase, reschedules of his flight by extending the visit for holidays, and screenshots of our online conversations that there wasn't intent for him to stay originally but we couldn't bear the thought of him returning. The agent was accepting of our verbal explanation when the question came up in the interview and didn't have to present the physical evidence.

Our application was received December 22, 2021. 

We did get RFE once for getting his long birth certificate and correcting my financial affidavit form (I missed 3 tiny boxes) which I submitted at same time. Within two days EAD was approved and less than two months for interview to be scheduled. 

Hello,  my wife recently received EAD. Does anyone know whether her SSN will be sent to us soon or we should apply for it somewhere? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/7/2022 at 10:32 AM, Lady_L said:

Anybody gotten their EAD card yet? 

Filed in January and all three forms say actively in review. 

Has anybody has any luck with sending a message online to inquire about a pending case? 

Hi! I'm a Dec 2021 filer and I was so frustrated that I did send a message online and got a response one month later. But now it's been like a month and I still haven't been contacted re: interview date or any update.

I posted this earlier in this thread:

don't know if this constitutes as an "update" but any type of new information is celebratory since I've waited so long and here is some!

I sent them a message on May 30 re: my December 2021 AOS application since I haven't had an update since February (where it says they are actively reviewing). I don't know if this is NEW information from "actively reviewing" but this is what they responded with the following paragraph today (almost a month later). 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Had our Green Card interview yesterday in NYC. 

Appointment time was 1:15pm but didn't see the officer until past 4pm.  

The questions were really standard like what is your name, when did you get married, what is your spouse's name, what is your spouse' birthday, what is their occupation, etc... 

Our officer had a thick accent and with the face mask, my husband had a hard time hearing him...  He got the year wrong by one year when saying my birthdate... 

At the end of the appointment, he printed us a 'Notice of Interview Results' letter which basically said we complete our interview but USCIS is unable to complete the case at this time...  

We're a little stressed but from reading the blog it looks like that means our officer probably doesn't have the authority to approve and it'll go up to his supervisor.  Did anyone else get this letter?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
18 hours ago, eyk said:

Had our Green Card interview yesterday in NYC. 

Appointment time was 1:15pm but didn't see the officer until past 4pm.  

The questions were really standard like what is your name, when did you get married, what is your spouse's name, what is your spouse' birthday, what is their occupation, etc... 

Our officer had an accent and with the face mask, my husband had a hard time hearing him...  He got the year wrong by one year when saying my birthdate... 

At the end of the appointment, he printed us a 'Notice of Interview Results' letter which basically said we complete our interview but USCIS is unable to complete the case at this time...  

We're a little stressed but from reading the blog it looks like that means our officer probably doesn't have the authority to approve and it'll go up to his supervisor.  Did anyone else get this letter?

Update - we received the approval notification 24 hours later! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Submitted all 3 applications in December 2021 (AOS, EAD and AP), had biometrics in January and had to reply to RFE by March 2022. After that we didn’t hear anything until mid June, the interview had been scheduled and we had our AOS interview July 20th and approved the following day. 

We were interviewed in New York City and our appointment time was 12:55pm, we were called in only 5 minutes after this (we know we are very lucky with this), they didn’t ask for recent photos, or affidavit of support and recent supporting documents for that but that was what the RFE was for in march so they may have not asked due to it being quite recent. They asked legal questions that were on AOS application, and asked my spouse and I around 7 questions each, mainly about partners kids, how we met, where we live etc etc. The officer was very professional but polite/friendly. 

Hope everyone gets their interviews soon! We found it hard in NYC without being able to work, but glad we were able to receive AOS approval relatively fast. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/16/2022 at 7:42 PM, dmeister3 said:

There’s some cases in LA that applied after me that already have their GC in hand. It’s so not fair, but such is life in American immigration. :( 

Really? That's crazy. You have an almost identical timeline to mine. Any action on the aos yet? I also sent to Phoenix lockbox in end of January and still waiting. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, brvids2020 said:

Really? That's crazy. You have an almost identical timeline to mine. Any action on the aos yet? I also sent to Phoenix lockbox in end of January and still waiting. 

Absolutely no update since bio :(

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.