Sarge2155

December 2021 - AOS Filers

159 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/10/2022 at 6:11 PM, Bahkstro said:

Sent to Chicago Lockbox: concurrent filing (i-130, i-485, i-765, i-131, i-693, and i-864)

12/14/2021 - Sent package with USPS

12/15/2021- Package received according to USPS tracking

UPDATE

01/23/2022 - Received NOA1 in mail

01/31/2022 - Received RFE for I-864EZ. We forgot to add one additional W-2.

01/31/2022 - Letter with biometrics appt. date

02/17/2022 - Resent form i-864ez.

02/17/2022 - Biometrics Appointment 

03/03/2022 - Received letter with interview appt for March 31!

Super excited with how things are moving!

UPDATE!

Green card got APPROVED!!

The officer updated the website right in front of us, and I should be getting my green card in less than two weeks. He made the comment that my case was fast because of the center that we had. Apparently, not as busy as other centers. 

Wishing everyone else in the process good luck and patience! Everything will work out!

PS: my temporary EAD and i-131 never even passed the "received" phase btw.

4 hours ago, Bahkstro said:

UPDATE!

Green card got APPROVED!!

The officer updated the website right in front of us, and I should be getting my green card in less than two weeks. He made the comment that my case was fast because of the center that we had. Apparently, not as busy as other centers. 

Wishing everyone else in the process good luck and patience! Everything will work out!

PS: my temporary EAD and i-131 never even passed the "received" phase btw.

Congratulations !!!!! Very happy for you ! 

I think in cases of people who's cases went very fast straight to the interview, they don't update EAD and AP anymore I would be thinking they maybe make a note in the system that the interview is scheduled so there is no more point to produce them. 

I might be wrong of course. 

Again congrats ! Good luck with job hunt ! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 3:32 PM, Familiar said:

1/4/2022 - RFE notice for long birth certificate for 485 and need to resubmit fully completed 864 form with recent tax information (missed some tiny income boxes needing to be filled out).

1/29/2022 - Biometrics appointment scheduled.

2/23/2022 - Biometric appointment completed.

3/16/2022 - got long birth certificate order in mail, finally able to submit the RFE information requested by USCIS correspondence via online. Received immediate notice from USCIS processing case again.

3/17/2022 - I-693 deficiency notification sent as courtesy letter.

3/18/2022 - EAD approved, pending card to be sent. 

Seeing how quickly some people have had a fast turn around time with responses for interviews being scheduled, and it looks like the 693 exam is now valid for 2 years with a recent 12/9/2021 policy change of no longer needing to sign 60 days before application submission (or interview I was originally told), we'll work on getting the exam completed ASAP to avoid any further roadblocks on processing request. 

EAD card was received a week later in the mail on 3/25 - everything else remains pending at this time. We went ahead and got the 693 exam started (waiting for follow up on bloodwork) to have ready for interview when it does get scheduled. 

Anyone have an idea or feedback on timeline for SSN card to be received if you requested one with your 765 application for EAD?

It's been two weeks since EAD arrived and haven't seen anything in mail so wasn't sure when I need to start inquiring with SSA for follow up. 

13 hours ago, Familiar said:

EAD card was received a week later in the mail on 3/25 - everything else remains pending at this time. We went ahead and got the 693 exam started (waiting for follow up on bloodwork) to have ready for interview when it does get scheduled. 

Anyone have an idea or feedback on timeline for SSN card to be received if you requested one with your 765 application for EAD?

It's been two weeks since EAD arrived and haven't seen anything in mail so wasn't sure when I need to start inquiring with SSA for follow up. 

Hey, I received my SSN 5 days after i got my EAD in the mail. 

I think you are safe now to contact them :

We will mail your SSN card to the address you listed on your I-765 application. You should receive your SSN card no later than 7 business days after you receive your EAD from USCIS. Please call or visit an SSA office if you do not receive your SSN card within 7 business days after receiving your EAD.

That's from uscis website. I hope it helps. I would give them a call straight away tomorrow :) Good luck ! 

On 4/10/2022 at 10:56 AM, anitka said:

Hey, I received my SSN 5 days after i got my EAD in the mail. 

I think you are safe now to contact them :

We will mail your SSN card to the address you listed on your I-765 application. You should receive your SSN card no later than 7 business days after you receive your EAD from USCIS. Please call or visit an SSA office if you do not receive your SSN card within 7 business days after receiving your EAD.

That's from uscis website. I hope it helps. I would give them a call straight away tomorrow :) Good luck ! 

Thank you! My local SSA doesn't require appointments when I spoke to them, we'll just have to find day I'm off work to go in next week to see if he's been granted a SSN and get his card then.

On 3/19/2022 at 3:32 PM, Familiar said:

1/4/2022 - RFE notice for long birth certificate for 485 and need to resubmit fully completed 864 form with recent tax information (missed some tiny income boxes needing to be filled out).

1/29/2022 - Biometrics appointment scheduled.

2/23/2022 - Biometric appointment completed.

3/16/2022 - got long birth certificate order in mail, finally able to submit the RFE information requested by USCIS correspondence via online. Received immediate notice from USCIS processing case again.

3/17/2022 - I-693 deficiency notification sent as courtesy letter.

3/18/2022 - EAD approved, pending card to be sent. 

Seeing how quickly some people have had a fast turn around time with responses for interviews being scheduled, and it looks like the 693 exam is now valid for 2 years with a recent 12/9/2021 policy change of no longer needing to sign 60 days before application submission (or interview I was originally told), we'll work on getting the exam completed ASAP to avoid any further roadblocks on processing request. 

3/25 - EAD received in mail.

4/12 - Received notice in mail that interview is scheduled for 5/11. 

It's happening! Good thing I started putting that binder together for interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline
On 12/27/2021 at 6:06 PM, Pemar said:

December 23, 2021: biometrics appointemt was scheduled

January 21, 2022: biometrics appointemt 

Update

April 12th, 2022: combo card is being produced 

I requested to expedite.

USCIS asked for proof and 12 days after l faxed the proof, they approved EAD and advance parole!

My field office is Washington DC, so l don't have a lot of hope to have my interview soon though...

19 hours ago, Pemar said:

Update

April 12th, 2022: combo card is being produced 

I requested to expedite.

USCIS asked for proof and 12 days after l faxed the proof, they approved EAD and advance parole!

My field office is Washington DC, so l don't have a lot of hope to have my interview soon though...

Well done! Congrats !

I wish I could get AP as well as EAD as a combo card. But hey, at least I can look for a job now :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline
22 hours ago, Lady_L said:

Anybody got any movement yet? Approval of EAD or green card interview/ approval? 

Its been 65 days i got biometrics and nothing.. 

If you read the last posts you can see that some of us had some movement!

I received the approval for my combo card 85 days after biometrics. But l requested to expedite EAD.

Also, if you complete your timeline, you could help other people and visajourney to have more accurate estimate timelines!

Edited by Pemar

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, Familiar said:

3/25 - EAD received in mail.

4/12 - Received notice in mail that interview is scheduled for 5/11. 

It's happening! Good thing I started putting that binder together for interview. 

We completed the interview yesterday (5/11) and by the sounds of it everything sounded good. The officer said it could take up to 4 to 6 weeks before we see a determination made as we had to provide additional documentation for them to upload which included:

- sealed medical exam documentation (I-693)

- proof of living together (amended lease documentation + renters insurance which weren't available in time for mailing deadline in December)

- additional financial documentation (adding him to the bank accounts and his mailed receipt for debit card which strengthens the proof of residence)

I got an email about action taken on case this morning but website hasn't updated yet regarding the interview outcome. We were given a letter of what was discussed in person. I am hopeful since they also discussed the timeline of updating from conditional to permanent status in 2 years, expectations contingent on administration (POTUS) policy, as well as when he can apply for citizenship that it means we're good to go. Fingers crossed he gets approved quickly so we can move forward on future plans together. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/18/2022 at 7:33 AM, Bri&Alejandro said:

Hello! We filed AOS back in December and my husband had his biometrics appointment in January. Our status has remained as “case is being actively reviewed” ever since. 

We selected the option to have his SSN processed with the form. Has anyone else done this and have you received your SSN yet?? We also filled out the employment authorization but haven’t heard anything for that yet. 

I applied on Dec 27 and had my biometrics really early in 2022 but since then, radio silence. Have you had an update on your case yet?

Alright, now it's my time to share. 
December, 22nd, 2021- sent all the papers and forms

February, 2nd, 2022 -  biometric appointment

April 1st, 2022 - sent sponsor's papers (we needed one), plus taxes for the most recent year (which was 2021)
April 6th, 2022 - USCIS got our sponsor's papers, sent Work Authorization. 
April 12, 2022 - received work authorization...

We are in NYC it looks like the process is going pretty fast compare to how it was in previous years, but still... when is the interview!!!???? :)  
I really appreciate if someone will share any similar situation or experience! 
And good luck to all of you! 

PS I used my vocabulary to describe the case, cause its too complicated all that forms and visa numbers and I just can't remember anything 😄

Edited by AlenaZie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.