Seraph2042

Issued Today! Yaay!!!!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Congratulations, @Seraph2042.  Have a safe trip, and welcome to the Dallas-Fort Worth area!!!!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Many congrats 👏 🙌 

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Congrats @Seraph2042 and I too welcome you to the DFW area!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!

I have read a few of your previous posts. Being Indian I can imagine the hurdles you had to overcome to make teh relationship work. Good for you!

Wish you a lovely wedding and lots of joy for your married life.

14 hours ago, Seraph2042 said:

Hey Everyone, I am over the moon since last four days. I was approved at my interview last Friday and the status changed to "Issued" today. I want to share my experience in hopes that it will help someone like me out there, who is currently having sleepless nights and extreme anxiety. Our case was not straightforward due to the following major and minor red flags.

1. Age difference of 27 years which is uncommon in India. Two of his children are older than me and just two years of difference between me and the youngest one. 

2. Overlapping relationship. We fell in love when he was still legally married, although estranged from his ex-wife. 

3. Fiancé not meeting my family after we got into relationship. He met them back in 2018 for a brief cup of tea(official visit to India), but we were not a couple then and also, I had no photos to prove that they met. (This is actually a huge cultural shock). Only had Duo and whatsapp video call screenshots from this year, that I carried for the interview. 

4. I have not met any of his children or siblings, only friends. 

5. He is a catholic and I am in Hindu and we both practice our faith (may be minor flag).

6. Did not front load our i-129F petition( just 25 pictures from 4 visits), because we did not know what a red flag is at that time. I joined VJ and other FB groups months after filing the petition. 

So what we had going for the both of us is, he was my manager on the client end for nearly 4 years. We got into the same team in October 2016 and worked remotely together until April 2020. Since the time our NOA2 got approved, I started to lose my sleep thinking about all the above problems during the interview. I slept at 4:30 or 5 in the morning and gained a significant amount of weight due to the stress (I stress eat). Last Friday was my interview, I was basically shaking after I got done with the document verification part. I was the first person to interview that day in the Mumbai embassy and below were the questions asked by the CO-

1. So, "Mr XXXX" is your fiance and he was your Senior IT manager for 4 years??

2. When did you start talking to each other?

3. When did you meet face to face?

4. So he currently lives in "YYYY", Does his ex-wife also live in the same area?

5. When did he divorce?

6. So basically you are reason he got divorced, right? (Heart skipped a beat, here).

7. How many times did Mr XXXX visit you in India?

8. Did you apply for B2 visa in 2018 only to meet Mr XXXX or was it for something else?

9. What are your marriage plans?

10. How many children does Mr XXXX have, what is the age of the youngest one?

11. Have you met any of the children?

12. What is your educational qualification?

13. Are you quitting your job or do you have other plans?

There were some more follow up questions based on the answers I provided, but these are the main ones. At this point, the CO opened my old passport and punched something on the B1/B2 visa and told me he is cancelling my tourist visa, BUT he is going to issue the K1 visa. I could not believe my ears! The interview lasted about 2-3 minutes and the whole process lasted about an hour. I had taken about 450 pages of chat logs, call logs, emails, post cards, photos and other items and intentionally laid them all out in the counter in hopes that the CO will ask for it, but he never did. He looked at me taking those out but didn't care about it at all. The case status was "Application received" on Friday. "Administrative processing" on Saturday and Sunday. "Issued" this afternoon. I know this is just the first step in the immigration process but it was a huge deal and I cannot thank this forum enough for getting me ready for the interview. I have read the guides and posts as old as 2008/2009, made tons of notes. My fiancé at the end told me that I was over prepared but I honestly don't regret a thing! People, it is always better to prepare for the worst and just hope for the best. And also all the senior members here are always to the point and awesome! Thank you -

Congratulations.. Have a safe flight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I like your story. Very interesting experience. Those who haven’t gone through this process may not understand or know how you felt the whole time and how you feel right now. Congratulations! And welcome to USA. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.