Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, oscarrifici said:

Do you guys have any idea where i can get my vaccinations?

I got mine with my family physician. If you don’t have one you can also try a walk-in clinic or pharmacy 

Timeline

Hey all, just wanted to update everyone here that I just got my interview date today - it will be on February 1st, 2023!

I'd originally been DQ'd on October 3rd, so just under 3 months between DQ and notice of interview date. I've updated my profile (hopefully correctly) as well, in order to help keep estimation times accurate for those still waiting.

I did have a few questions that hopefully someone can assist with prior to my interview:

1. I tried registering my interview today and it said my case number was not ready to be scheduled for an interview. I recognize this might take a few days, but did anyone else experience this issue upon receiving their interview date email as well?
  2. The address listed on my application is different than where I currently live. What is the best way for me to update my application to show my current address? I didn't want to touch anything on my file until I received my interview date, so my previous address was the one listed on my interview confirmation email.
  3. I'm looking to book my medical with Dr. Randall Lee in Scarborough. Do I need to have my interview registered before I try to book an appointment with him?

Thank you all :)

Timeline

Hi All,

Im revising my 864 form before the interview and had a question: For anyone that was the applicant and also submitted 864A form for yourself, in the asset section you have to either enter the amount from the 864A form, or the principle applicant amount which is the same. Which one did you use? If entered in both then it’ll be counted twice 

C3C17722-E92A-4B06-BB23-B4DB97D92A2A.jpeg

Timeline
2 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

I did have a few questions that hopefully someone can assist with prior to my interview:

1. I tried registering my interview today and it said my case number was not ready to be scheduled for an interview. I recognize this might take a few days, but did anyone else experience this issue upon receiving their interview date email as well?
  2. The address listed on my application is different than where I currently live. What is the best way for me to update my application to show my current address? I didn't want to touch anything on my file until I received my interview date, so my previous address was the one listed on my interview confirmation email.
  3. I'm looking to book my medical with Dr. Randall Lee in Scarborough. Do I need to have my interview registered before I try to book an appointment with him?

Thank you all :)

1. Same here, took a few days then I was able to register. 

2. I would put your new address in the interview registration, then also revise 864 forms with the new address and bring those to the interview. 

3. I also had Dr. Randall Lee, I believe they didn’t need my interview registration, only the letter, but you should schedule the medical in at least a few days so you’ll have the registration before that in case. Also FYI I did not receive a medical result document/envelope after the exam, they send it directly to the embassy 

Timeline
3 hours ago, mike_b2020 said:

1. Same here, took a few days then I was able to register. 

2. I would put your new address in the interview registration, then also revise 864 forms with the new address and bring those to the interview. 

3. I also had Dr. Randall Lee, I believe they didn’t need my interview registration, only the letter, but you should schedule the medical in at least a few days so you’ll have the registration before that in case. Also FYI I did not receive a medical result document/envelope after the exam, they send it directly to the embassy 

Thank you very much for your response! I didn't receive an official 'letter' (i.e. an attachment). I'm assuming I just print out the interview confirmation email?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

Thank you very much for your response! I didn't receive an official 'letter' (i.e. an attachment). I'm assuming I just print out the interview confirmation email?

Right no letter, only the interview confirmation email 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lele22 said:

I got my IL too it is Feb 7th. My Dqd is September 26. 

please complete your timeline https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=425029

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Hello!

I apologize if my question is already asked - I'm sure it is, but it's quite difficult to search back through so many posts (and threads!). We originally submitted the I130 form back in the May 2021. My case was transferred to the NVC in May of 2022, and I finally got DQ on October 27 of 2022. Now I'm waiting for my interview appointment.

Can someone point me to the list of required vaccinations for the medical exam? I believe I have most - if not all - but I don't have my full vaccination records. I'd like to try and fill in any missing vaccines ahead of the exam.

Additionally, I did hear that for exams in the winter time, a flu vaccine is required. Is this correct? Does someone know the details of that? I'm guessing (hoping) that my interview will come up by March or April, based on the information in the timeline spreadsheet.

Thanks so much for any help, and happy new year!

Richard

Timeline
2 minutes ago, thenextman said:

Hello!

I apologize if my question is already asked - I'm sure it is, but it's quite difficult to search back through so many posts (and threads!). We originally submitted the I130 form back in the May 2021. My case was transferred to the NVC in May of 2022, and I finally got DQ on October 27 of 2022. Now I'm waiting for my interview appointment.

Can someone point me to the list of required vaccinations for the medical exam? I believe I have most - if not all - but I don't have my full vaccination records. I'd like to try and fill in any missing vaccines ahead of the exam.

Additionally, I did hear that for exams in the winter time, a flu vaccine is required. Is this correct? Does someone know the details of that? I'm guessing (hoping) that my interview will come up by March or April, based on the information in the timeline spreadsheet.

Thanks so much for any help, and happy new year!

Richard

hi richard! here is the list from the government website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

also, to help save you a headache that we had: some vaccinations are only for certain age groups so a pharmacy and clinic may not offer them to you: do not be alarmed! you can always triple check at the clinic when you go for your medical exam, they will confirm which ones you are eligible for. my husband is 34 years old and wasn’t in an age appropriate bracket for some vaccines required so don’t be alarmed 

2 minutes ago, NYQC said:

hi richard! here is the list from the government website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/vaccinations.html

also, to help save you a headache that we had: some vaccinations are only for certain age groups so a pharmacy and clinic may not offer them to you: do not be alarmed! you can always triple check at the clinic when you go for your medical exam, they will confirm which ones you are eligible for. my husband is 34 years old and wasn’t in an age appropriate bracket for some vaccines required so don’t be alarmed 

Thank you for the information! I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, thenextman said:

Can someone point me to the list of required vaccinations for the medical exam?

Required vaccinations for adult applicants up to 59 years old -- Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Flu (seasonal), COVID.  Details here -- https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/vaccinations.html#tbl1

If you've had chickenpox before, the clinic may take your word for it and not require Varicella vaccine.  Full series of shots for COVID will be required prior to the medical, but boosters not required for immigration purposes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.