Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2023 at 9:39 AM, okkal said:

Visa Approved on Jan 3, Montreal. Entire process just took 20 minutes. Both officers were very friendly. @Hawk Riders - I updated my timeline. thanks

I've few queries after visa approval

1. Do we have any sealed packet to be given at POE ? - (I think it's electronic, can anyone confirm)

2. Do I've to apply for SSN, Green Card separately. I gave Yes in DS-260 for some field

3. I've an urgent travel plan abroad after entering US. any issues if I leave immeditely (3-4 days) after activating visa ?

I’m so happy for you! I was also approved on Jan 4th. I had a quick question, have you received your passport back in the mail yet? 
I opted for courier delivery service to my home and am still waiting on a tracking number. 

1 hour ago, CanadianGirl3 said:

I’m so happy for you! I was also approved on Jan 4th. I had a quick question, have you received your passport back in the mail yet? 
I opted for courier delivery service to my home and am still waiting on a tracking number. 

I got my tracking number today. I do opt for home delivery via Purolator. Yet to receive. Its in Transit. Hopefully you will get an update by tomorrow or Monday :)

49 minutes ago, MAN2023 said:

Hi everyone! We have our interview in mtl on Tuesday. Just want to confirm- spouses/partners are NOT allowed in the interview, is that correct? It would be just me (the applicant). 

Yes they are NOT allowed to come with you. I’m pretty sure there’s a specific requirement if you need them to accompany you but if you do not need that, then it should just be you going in alone. The furthest your partner can come with you is outside the building when you are waiting in line.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/4/2023 at 8:39 AM, okkal said:

Visa Approved on Jan 3, Montreal. Entire process just took 20 minutes. Both officers were very friendly. @Hawk Riders - I updated my timeline. thanks

I've few queries after visa approval

1. Do we have any sealed packet to be given at POE ? - (I think it's electronic, can anyone confirm)

2. Do I've to apply for SSN, Green Card separately. I gave Yes in DS-260 for some field

3. I've an urgent travel plan abroad after entering US. any issues if I leave immeditely (3-4 days) after activating visa ?

Packet is electronic.  The CBP officer will access it from their digital repository.  Nothing physical for you to provide them in terms of a sealed envelope.  

On 1/5/2023 at 12:47 PM, ritaburglar said:

Yes! It just arrives. :)

IF you ticked the box on the DS-260, it SHOULD arrive.  If you did not tick it or it's taking a long time, you may have to make an appointment with your local SSA office and submit an application.  

15 minutes ago, faysalsharif said:

Question, traveling to the USA while DQ'd with a return ticket should be okay right? Wanting my wife to visit during Valentines Day

Take other evidence of ties to home - lease agreement/mortgage, employment letter, bills or pet sitter reservations - just in case.  Typically, it's a non issue, but you always want to be prepared.  

Enjoy your Valentine's day :) 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 1/6/2023 at 11:40 PM, okkal said:

I got my tracking number today. I do opt for home delivery via Purolator. Yet to receive. Its in Transit. Hopefully you will get an update by tomorrow or Monday :)

@CanadianGirl3 - I got back my passport today ! Hope your's will arrive soon..

Edited by okkal

Timeline

@NYQC & @PM Hank, how did it go? 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

18 hours ago, okkal said:

@CanadianGirl3 - I got back my passport today ! Hope your's will arrive soon..

Hello,

I wanted to ask if there was a step you did after your interview to receive your passport back so quick? I’m still waiting on my tracking number and have already signed up for courier service. Is there anything that I may be missing? 
also did you receive your tracking number through email or phone. appreciate any feedback :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, CanadianGirl3 said:

Hello,

I wanted to ask if there was a step you did after your interview to receive your passport back so quick? I’m still waiting on my tracking number and have already signed up for courier service. Is there anything that I may be missing? 
also did you receive your tracking number through email or phone. appreciate any feedback :)

Hi there,

Not who you asked, but I interviewed on Thursday the 5th and received my passport yesterday (I'm in southern ON). Tracking number came Friday the 6th. I had signed up for courier service previous to the interview, I did nothing after the interview. I received two emails with the tracking number, one from Purolator and one from U.S. DoS Visa system (donotreply@usvisa-info.com)

1 hour ago, CanadianGirl3 said:

Hello,

I've same experience as that of @M.Knaebel. Could you check your ceac status and see what's written in the description - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx.

Check you appointment website - https://ais.usvisa-info.com/.Check the status is changed as below. Click on details section as pasted below and in the details page confirm your email address is correct.

image.png.b13cb5c7fe5f60309a54b050a954b973.png

42 minutes ago, okkal said:

I've same experience as that of @M.Knaebel. Could you check your ceac status and see what's written in the description - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx.

Check you appointment website - https://ais.usvisa-info.com/.Check the status is changed as below. Click on details section as pasted below and in the details page confirm your email address is correct.

image.png.b13cb5c7fe5f60309a54b050a954b973.png

Thank you for providing the update! Unfortunately even though my CEAC status says ready and my email is correct I haven’t received any information on tracking. I did not have to submit any extra documents when I was approved either so at a loss in terms on how to contact the consulate in terms of retrieval of my passport.

2 hours ago, CanadianGirl3 said:

Unfortunately even though my CEAC status says ready and my email is correct I haven’t received any information on tracking.

Wait for CEAC status to be "Issued".  No tracking until "Issued", not "Ready".

Timeline
5 hours ago, CanadianGirl3 said:

Thank you for providing the update! Unfortunately even though my CEAC status says ready and my email is correct I haven’t received any information on tracking. I did not have to submit any extra documents when I was approved either so at a loss in terms on how to contact the consulate in terms of retrieval of my passport.

If your name is common, if you know there’s another “you” out there, it may take a little bit longer for the administrative processing to be completed. Your status will go from refused to issued. Don’t panic when it goes to refused. Hopefully there won’t be much more of a delay! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.