2,964 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hazel.60 said:

I see, hopefully you receive the notice soon! 

Do you know how long does it usually take to receive the notice? 

Also, do you know how much time in advance they schedule the interview? Is it like 4-6 weeks?

UPDATE!!!

Just got an email from my District Rep. about my interview. They sent a courtesy copy and it’s scheduled on Nov. 17 at Federal Plaza, NYC! Interview notice scheduled on Oct. 15 for Nov. 17, so yeah 4-6 weeks time they give in advance. Now, i just have to get my medical exam done! 

4 hours ago, Fathada said:

Good morning VJ family. Pls I have some questions.

1. I just noticed that on my I 360, my lawyer filled in my new passport number instead of the old one in the question that asked for passport number used at arrival. Though she submitted both my old and new passport data page. Hope that won’t be a problem?

2. In I 485 for my kids, in part 2 (1a) do I also click on Vawa self petitioner I 360 for my kids? Or I don’t answer at all?

3. I also noticed that on my biometrics notice I have uscis A#. I guess I’m to fill that in all I 485 pages for me.

4. In the past, I used public housing. The question that asked if I violated my visa rules, do I say yes or no? Also the question that asked if I used public benefit, do I say yes or no?

5. On the I 765 form, where it asked for the category of work permit, do I put 

(1)(c)(9) or I just put (c)(9) 

@sandranj @Demise @shiva32 I’ll really appreciate your response. Thank you all.

1. It shouldn't. Only thing that's really used for is making sure that you entered with inspection, which isn't even a requirement for VAWA applicants.

2. Yes, you check that box for them and fill out part 2: 5.a to 9 on their I-485s

3. Yes. A-numbers are issued for life, so you will use this A number anywhere that asks for it for you.

4. If you ever overstayed or worked without authorization answer yes. If not, then I'm not sure how it looks like with being a non-immigrant on benefits.

For the public benefits question answer yes, it's not a factor with VAWA cases.

5. (c)(9)( )

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

8 minutes ago, Demise said:

1. It shouldn't. Only thing that's really used for is making sure that you entered with inspection, which isn't even a requirement for VAWA applicants.

2. Yes, you check that box for them and fill out part 2: 5.a to 9 on their I-485s

3. Yes. A-numbers are issued for life, so you will use this A number anywhere that asks for it for you.

4. If you ever overstayed or worked without authorization answer yes. If not, then I'm not sure how it looks like with being a non-immigrant on benefits.

For the public benefits question answer yes, it's not a factor with VAWA cases.

5. (c)(9)( )

God bless you. I’m grateful.

2 hours ago, Rickson said:

Hi everyone,

Please is it normal for USCIS official not to see your information when you call to make an inquiry on your I-360? They always ask me to write to Vermont. Please is there any other way I can reach them? Its been two months now haven't gotten any update from the senator's office. Can I go through another congress person while I already put in an inquiry through the senator's office? 

Unfortunately that is normal. Privacy protections of VAWA are what they are and what they mostly do is make it annoying to inquire about your own case.

So either you have to write to VSC or inquire via a senator's or representative's office. Nothing prevents you from reaching out to another one if the first one ignored you.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 10/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, hazel.60 said:

Aww you're so sweet! I live in Los Angeles, my zip code is 90010  :)

Thank you in advance!

My interview apparently was scheduled on October 19th, I'm still waiting for the notice....  But yeah 2 weeks seems a bit long, but also I think all the shipping services are backed up? Hmmm I would say keep on calling, keep on trying to contact someone :( Is there anyway you can contact people who live at your previous address?

Sorry for the late reply. 
in your area I found a Dr. that charges $140 minus immunization and bloodwork. The link wasn’t getting attached. 
better get your medicals done soon! 

39DE9B84-BB91-4CE9-BC97-08F8814F6C17.png

17 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

UPDATE!!!

Just got an email from my District Rep. about my interview. They sent a courtesy copy and it’s scheduled on Nov. 17 at Federal Plaza, NYC! Interview notice scheduled on Oct. 15 for Nov. 17, so yeah 4-6 weeks time they give in advance. Now, i just have to get my medical exam done! 

OMG! I'm glad you were able to find out the ate, this is coming up soon! Daaaamn I probably have an interview on the 20th then... SO NERVOUSSSS

SHOULD I GO WITH MY LAYER GUUUUUYS????!!!!

The interview with my husband went so bad, he made it look so awefull and the officer wasn't too convinced, we got an "invitation" for the second interview... WITH THE CAMERAS!!! Sooooo I feel like they are suspicious with my marriage, do you guys think I should take a lawyer with me?

I think I would feel safier since it is about my life... My green card! But also officers apparently aren't allowed to ask about the past, but without the lawyer they could...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
25 minutes ago, hazel.60 said:

OMG! I'm glad you were able to find out the ate, this is coming up soon! Daaaamn I probably have an interview on the 20th then... SO NERVOUSSSS

SHOULD I GO WITH MY LAYER GUUUUUYS????!!!!

The interview with my husband went so bad, he made it look so awefull and the officer wasn't too convinced, we got an "invitation" for the second interview... WITH THE CAMERAS!!! Sooooo I feel like they are suspicious with my marriage, do you guys think I should take a lawyer with me?

I think I would feel safier since it is about my life... My green card! But also officers apparently aren't allowed to ask about the past, but without the lawyer they could...

Lawyer will just look at the show. Won’t do anything other than sit there and get paid for it. Lol

Go yourself and be confident 

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has grown  annoyed of the privacy concern  related to VAWA.

Do not get me wrong, it protects us as abuse spouses. 

But what else can you do to get information about your case when numerous amount of letters to Vermont and furthermore, inquiries through the congressman and also the Senator was just no help at all.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Lawyer will just look at the show. Won’t do anything other than sit there and get paid for it. Lol

Go yourself and be confident 

ooooohh yeah  I know thaaaat :D  they just sit there :D 

but i might need that! 

Officers tent to stay in their line when they see a lawyer,

10 hours ago, Rickson said:

Hi everyone,

Please is it normal for USCIS official not to see your information when you call to make an inquiry on your I-360? They always ask me to write to Vermont. Please is there any other way I can reach them? Its been two months now haven't gotten any update from the senator's office. Can I go through another congress person while I already put in an inquiry through the senator's office? 

Because Vawa is protected, all correspondence has to be in writing to vermont, they will not share with you on the phone, I guess except you have a lwayer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.