2,964 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I filed I-360 in Aug 2020 and had received prima facie in Oct 2020 for an year, which expired on Oct 16 2021. I have not received automatic renewal and that is my understanding from reading the other posts. Is there chance of not receiving again or is a delay normal? Anything I should be doing? I will check with my attorney, but she would hardly respond to my queries so was seeking help here. Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, Varna said:

Hi All,

I filed I-360 in Aug 2020 and had received prima facie in Oct 2020 for an year, which expired on Oct 16 2021. I have not received automatic renewal and that is my understanding from reading the other posts. Is there chance of not receiving again or is a delay normal? Anything I should be doing? I will check with my attorney, but she would hardly respond to my queries so was seeking help here. Thank you

You can request renewal. Write a letter to vermont for that. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, Varna said:

So it has to be requested and does not come in on its own? 

Either. In case you waited long enough and no renewal, there’s no harm in requesting it. 
Important if you’re using public services or FAFSA else many who don’t need it don’t bother about the pf.

7 hours ago, Varna said:

Hi All,

I got mine after the expiration of first one.

Give it 2 to 3 weeks. hopefully you will get it.

or you can write to Vermont and request the PF. something you can do your own as well. 

good luck. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mkenyan said:

Mine expired on January 2021, to date I didn't get an automatic renewal.

Also my attorney doesn't help that much.

I filled my l-360 on June 2019. Got two PFs then no renewal.

You havent received approval yet>? you are out of processing time i guess, 

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

May whoever comments on this thread and has a pending application, get an approval before the thread closes.

Amen!

Can I get more Amens pls 😃

Amen but USCIS taking longer than usual now :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Liam T said:

I got my work permit, I sent the renew document since March 2021.

Actually I sent 2 documents to 2 different USCIS by accident, the one from Vermont still on process even though I sent it from January 2021, but this one is done.

0CE03ADE-067C-4CE1-B6E6-37669D7846B0.thumb.jpeg.59c5c9006793c8fbf843c39c4d6682bc.jpeg

Congratulations, where you sent your renewal that got approval? first time i am seeing VAWA applicant sending application to other center than Vermont and getting approval. tempting to do the same as renewals are taking long to get approval, you need to update Vermont to withdraw the renewal now? 

11 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Congratulations, where you sent your renewal that got approval? first time i am seeing VAWA applicant sending application to other center than Vermont and getting approval. tempting to do the same as renewals are taking long to get approval, you need to update Vermont to withdraw the renewal now? 

I don’t think it means VAWA application being approved. The person is talking about getting a work permit . VAWA application is handled exclusively  by their special Unit on Vermont Service Center . 

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Hi Dear! Thanks for your response. I tried reaching out to Senator Gillibrand but her office hasn’t been responsive lately but I’m in contact with my district congresswoman now.  How long did it take you to get a copy of the notice after asking help from Sen. Gillibrand? 

Just now, MGJ_NY said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 Hi Dear! Thanks for your response. I tried reaching out to Senator Gillibrand but her office hasn’t been responsive lately but I’m in contact with my district congresswoman now.  How long did it take you to get a copy of the notice after asking help from Sen. Gillibrand? 

Hi lately Sen. Gillibrand's office is not active as before. Her office was very active and fast before Covid. 

I would suggest reach out to your congress person. I had success with congress person.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.