2,964 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Mkenyan said:

It's very annoying!!

I have tried calling USCIS because my case is already beyond processing time, but like they told you, it's true local USCIS agent's can't access VAWA. 

Writing letters to Vermont will not change anything, I did that, and the only thing I got was a status update on USCIS website: "We received your correspondence." Yet it was a letter requesting expedite with bills house foreclosure, collection letters, medical bills etc..

And the Vermont USCIS phone number is not working. My congressman told me he can't help, I reached out to my senator and he has never responded 1 month later. I'm broke as hell, no job no nothing. 

Have you tried ombudsman? How long ago did you file?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone, I’m new tho the thread and would need some information. 

I request that my form I-485 be place in abeyance because I’m about to file/send a Vawa application. Initial i concurrently filled form i-485, 765 & 131. My form I-131 got approved last month while my EAD is still showing case being actively reviewed. I’ve just received a letter from USCIS stating my form I-485 is now placed on administrative closure as I’ve requested. Is it possible for me to still get my EAD before I file my Vawa or before my vawa is approved ? 
Thanks 

Edited by NB West

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Sorry for the late reply. 
in your area I found a Dr. that charges $140 minus immunization and bloodwork. The link wasn’t getting attached. 
better get your medicals done soon! 

39DE9B84-BB91-4CE9-BC97-08F8814F6C17.png

ohhh thank you so much! I will call tmw! 

I asked my lawyer if I should do my Medical and she said I should wait for the letter first;  I'll call tmw and see if I need an appointment, definitely want to have something lined up, cuz this is going to be stressfull, Did you get your vaccination record from your country?

2 minutes ago, NB West said:

I request that my form I-485 be place in abeyance because I’m about to file/send a Vawa application. Initial i concurrently filled form i-485, 765 & 131. My form I-131 got approved last month while my EAD is still showing case being actively reviewed. I’ve just received a letter from USCIS stating my form I-485 is now placed on administrative closure as I’ve requested. Is it possible for me to still get my EAD before I file my Vawa or before my vawa is approved ? 
Thanks 

From my understanding you will need to file for VAWA 🤔

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, europeantravel212 said:

Hi VJers,

Can we ask for more time to respond to an rfe if deadline is coming up?

Thank you.

No

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

2 hours ago, NB West said:

Thanks 

Wanted to clarify, so did you ask for the i485 to be held open or to be admin closed?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Travel619 said:

Wanted to clarify, so did you ask for the i485 to be held open or to be admin closed?

My lawyer request for it to be kept in abeyance and I received an administrative closure letter.

Timeline
2 hours ago, NB West said:

Thanks 

If you I-485 has been administrative closed, then you will not receive EAD.  You 485 has to be active.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

If you I-485 has been administrative closed, then you will not receive EAD.  You 485 has to be active.

Ok so I’m guessing once the lawyer request for it be open and my vawa application is sent, I can expect to get EAD from my previous C09 application ?

Edited by NB West

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Travel619 said:

Does that mean you have to refile the i485?

Will have one year to file motion to reopen after that will have to refile.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, hazel.60 said:

ohhh thank you so much! I will call tmw! 

I asked my lawyer if I should do my Medical and she said I should wait for the letter first;  I'll call tmw and see if I need an appointment, definitely want to have something lined up, cuz this is going to be stressfull, Did you get your vaccination record from your country?

From my understanding you will need to file for VAWA 🤔

I re-did all vaccinations here. 
Regarding the letter, you don’t necessarily have to wait for it if you know your medicals are expired. I didn’t receive a medical deficiency letter but still did them and took sealed envelope to my interview. They asked for it after all. The letter somehow got lost in the mail hence didn’t reach me. 

19 hours ago, Demise said:

1. It shouldn't. Only thing that's really used for is making sure that you entered with inspection, which isn't even a requirement for VAWA applicants.

2. Yes, you check that box for them and fill out part 2: 5.a to 9 on their I-485s

3. Yes. A-numbers are issued for life, so you will use this A number anywhere that asks for it for you.

4. If you ever overstayed or worked without authorization answer yes. If not, then I'm not sure how it looks like with being a non-immigrant on benefits.

For the public benefits question answer yes, it's not a factor with VAWA cases.

5. (c)(9)( )

Hello all, pls I have another question. Since my kids are filing with me, I assume their fee is $750 right? Also, when doing the money order, can I combine all the money together or I make a separate money order for each person?

Hello VAWA community, i'm VAWA applicant and i want to renew my Work Authorization and Advance Parole and my lawyers is asking me for $1000 fee. I'm looking to file by myself and found everything that i need, i just want to ask is there any consequence that can happen if i file by myself and not including the lawyer on the application documents, since he is on the application docs for my VAWA and i-485? 
Looking for advice.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Fathada said:

Hello all, pls I have another question. Since my kids are filing with me, I assume their fee is $750 right? Also, when doing the money order, can I combine all the money together or I make a separate money order for each person?

Yes, they pay the reduced rate ($750 each). You can roll all the payments into one money order.

42 minutes ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hello VAWA community, i'm VAWA applicant and i want to renew my Work Authorization and Advance Parole and my lawyers is asking me for $1000 fee. I'm looking to file by myself and found everything that i need, i just want to ask is there any consequence that can happen if i file by myself and not including the lawyer on the application documents, since he is on the application docs for my VAWA and i-485? 
Looking for advice.

Thank you

There's no consequences for you self-filing those. Your lawyer just won't get a copy of the receipt notices. $1000 for an EAD/AP renewal is highway robbery. Take the forms (I-765 and I-131), fill them out, attach a copy of your I-485 receipt notice and a copy front and back of your EAD and mail it all to Vermont Service Center.

If you paid for the I-485 filing fee, there is no filing fee for renewals for EAD and AP.

If you got a fee waiver for the I-485 then you either have to pay the filing fee ($410 for I-765 and $575 for I-131) or you will need to request another fee waiver using form I-912.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

59 minutes ago, Demise said:

Yes, they pay the reduced rate ($750 each). You can roll all the payments into one money order.

There's no consequences for you self-filing those. Your lawyer just won't get a copy of the receipt notices. $1000 for an EAD/AP renewal is highway robbery. Take the forms (I-765 and I-131), fill them out, attach a copy of your I-485 receipt notice and a copy front and back of your EAD and mail it all to Vermont Service Center.

If you paid for the I-485 filing fee, there is no filing fee for renewals for EAD and AP.

If you got a fee waiver for the I-485 then you either have to pay the filing fee ($410 for I-765 and $575 for I-131) or you will need to request another fee waiver using form I-912.

Thank you 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.