2,964 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Demise said:

Yes, they pay the reduced rate. You can roll all the payments into one money order.

There's no consequences for you self-filing those. Your lawyer just won't get a copy of the receipt notices. $1000 for an EAD/AP renewal is highway robbery. Take the forms (I-765 and I-131), fill them out, attach a copy of your I-485 receipt notice and a copy front and back of your EAD and mail it all to Vermont Service Center. If you paid for the I-485 filing fee, there is no filing fee. If you got a fee waiver for the I-485 then you either have to pay the filing fee ($410 for I-765 and $575 for I-131) or you will need to request another fee waiver using form I-912.

Thank you. On form i765, it asked for most recent issued passport number. I have a new passport. Do I use that or the old one I used at point of entry.

3 minutes ago, Fathada said:

Thank you. On form i765, it asked for most recent issued passport number. I have a new passport. Do I use that or the old one I used at point of entry.

Instructions specifically ask for the most recent passport, even if you're a citizen of multiple countries and that's not the passport or even passport from the same country you've entered with.

So, the current new passport.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

I heard you can add any additional evidence after you have already sent in the i360 while you are waiting for it to be decided on. So if you sent it in a few months ago and already received a receipt number can you go and add more evidence? If so how do you do that? Do you write a cover letter referencing the original petition with the receipt number?

3 minutes ago, BlueTiger92 said:

my 485 status is still at fingerprints. vawa approved over 2 months and approval notice last month. got the 693 def notice - when is the 485 transferred to local office?

which is your local uscis office and and when did you file i485

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, DanyT. said:

I’m Nov 2019 filler. Still waiting

Me too, Nov 2019 filer. I submitted case inquiry through senator a month ago. VSC replied last Friday saying my i360 is in security checks. Submitted expedite request for EAD renewal to senator yesterday. EAD renewal petition pending since Feb 2021. I am hoping my I360 is not one of those that stays in the 'security checks' black hole for years. 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

2 hours ago, BlueTiger92 said:

my 485 status is still at fingerprints. vawa approved over 2 months and approval notice last month. got the 693 def notice - when is the 485 transferred to local office?

Hi,

I’m 2019 October filer and recently received the i-360 approval letter on 10/13/2021. My i-485 status has changed today to “case transferred to another office”.

when did you get the 693 def notice?

Edited by Anujra

14 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I re-did all vaccinations here. 
Regarding the letter, you don’t necessarily have to wait for it if you know your medicals are expired. I didn’t receive a medical deficiency letter but still did them and took sealed envelope to my interview. They asked for it after all. The letter somehow got lost in the mail hence didn’t reach me. 

I see!

I actually just go the letter today! I'll do my medical next week. Interview is in 3 weeeeeks. 1 week before my birthday. God. HEEELP! 

On 10/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, Mkenyan said:

It's very annoying!!

I have tried calling USCIS because my case is already beyond processing time, but like they told you, it's true local USCIS agent's can't access VAWA. 

Writing letters to Vermont will not change anything, I did that, and the only thing I got was a status update on USCIS website: "We received your correspondence." Yet it was a letter requesting expedite with bills house foreclosure, collection letters, medical bills etc..

And the Vermont USCIS phone number is not working. My congressman told me he can't help, I reached out to my senator and he has never responded 1 month later. I'm broke as hell, no job no nothing. 

I’m May 2019, still waiting with 4 prima facia. Which is to expire this November. Yep I’m broke, sick and can’t do anything to help myself. I hope it gets better soon. 

36 minutes ago, hazel.60 said:

I see!

I actually just go the letter today! I'll do my medical next week. Interview is in 3 weeeeeks. 1 week before my birthday. God. HEEELP! 

Good luck. Congratulations!! Can you please Share  when did you send the i485 and which is your local field office.  I'm waiting for my i485 to be approved

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, shiva32 said:

Me too, Nov 2019 filer. I submitted case inquiry through senator a month ago. VSC replied last Friday saying my i360 is in security checks. Submitted expedite request for EAD renewal to senator yesterday. EAD renewal petition pending since Feb 2021. I am hoping my I360 is not one of those that stays in the 'security checks' black hole for years. 

Mi EAD renewal is pending since september 2020. it has not been approved yet. The delays in uscis are insane

16 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I re-did all vaccinations here. 
Regarding the letter, you don’t necessarily have to wait for it if you know your medicals are expired. I didn’t receive a medical deficiency letter but still did them and took sealed envelope to my interview. They asked for it after all. The letter somehow got lost in the mail hence didn’t reach me. 

Did you have a lawyer, if so did s/he prepare you for the interview?

36 minutes ago, marcoisland777 said:

Good luck. Congratulations!! Can you please Share  when did you send the i485 and which is your local field office.  I'm waiting for my i485 to be approved

Thank you! 

Tbh i dont know which one is my local field office, my lawyer was doing all the paperwork. I applied from San Diego.

edit: I just checked, looks like Vermont 

here:

02/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 
02/2020 C31 produced
01/2021 VAWA  status changed to CASE APPROVED
11/2021 -  VAWA  Interview 
Edited by hazel.60

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 10/27/2021 at 2:03 PM, europeantravel212 said:

Hi VJers,

Can we ask for more time to respond to an rfe if deadline is coming up?

Thank you.

What deadline are you talking about? If the one printed on the RFE - it is already extended for 60 days after the printed "respond by" date because of covid.

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-extends-flexibility-for-responding-to-agency-requests

It's a blessing and a curse. You have more time to respond and they have more time to add for excuses for your case delay😞

5 hours ago, Anujra said:

Hi,

I’m 2019 October filer and recently received the i-360 approval letter on 10/13/2021. My i-485 status has changed today to “case transferred to another office”.

when did you get the 693 def notice?

oh that's good! got 693 notice about 10 days back but 485 still hasn't changed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.