Greencard-22

I-751 October 2021 Filers

740 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
17 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

I am happy for those people who achieve their goals but what is happening to some of us is just not right.

Have you seen these?

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/799745-how-to-file-a-mandamus-in-federal-court/

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/800531-i-751-sample-mandamus-and-writ-of-mandamus-process/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Thanks.  I'll play that card at the appropriate time should it become necessary.  Not sure I am there yet.

5 hours ago, TastyCake said:

We don't have the slightest bit of hope right now.  We even wrote to one of our senators whose office sent an inquiry on our behalf.  Over a month has passed and not a word from the senator's office or the USCIS.  Gee, that sure helped.

The Boston office isn't moving and should be ashamed of itself.  There should be an investigation of that office because something is not right over there.

So many couples have leapfrogged us from other offices.  I am happy for those people who achieve their goals but what is happening to some of us is just not right.

Is your case at a service center?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/4/2023 at 4:26 PM, TastyCake said:

We don't have the slightest bit of hope right now.  We even wrote to one of our senators whose office sent an inquiry on our behalf.  Over a month has passed and not a word from the senator's office or the USCIS.  Gee, that sure helped.

The Boston office isn't moving and should be ashamed of itself.  There should be an investigation of that office because something is not right over there.

So many couples have leapfrogged us from other offices.  I am happy for those people who achieve their goals but what is happening to some of us is just not right.

It wasn’t  until we applied for N-400 that we ended up seeing movement 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

It wasn’t  until we applied for N-400 that we ended up seeing movement 

We submitted our N-400 last October.  Our I-751 subsequently went from Case Was Received to Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken and it has been sitting on that status ever since.

The N-400 hasn't made a difference.  We had been told that submitting the N-400 would speed things up but we haven't seen any evidence of this.

Timeline
10 hours ago, TastyCake said:

We submitted our N-400 last October.  Our I-751 subsequently went from Case Was Received to Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken and it has been sitting on that status ever since.

The N-400 hasn't made a difference.  We had been told that submitting the N-400 would speed things up but we haven't seen any evidence of this.

It’s just a terrible process!!! 

Timeline
On 6/9/2023 at 12:00 AM, nathi said:

My GC was approved with no interview. Received in the mail last week. Haven't applied for citizenship yet.

He did not have an interview and received GC , but he 

did apply for citizenship abc thought it would be a combo interview. Citizenship Interview is 6/20

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/10/2023 at 7:55 PM, Cheschirecat said:

He did not have an interview and received GC , but he 

did apply for citizenship abc thought it would be a combo interview. Citizenship Interview is 6/20

Hi, how did your interview go today... Would appreciate you sharing how it went. I filed feb 2nd and yet to received a letter for my interview. I have a pending i751 too 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Yand said:

Hi, how did your interview go today... Would appreciate you sharing how it went. I filed feb 2nd and yet to received a letter for my interview. I have a pending i751 too 

Hey! 

you won’t believe this.. we got there late!! He thought it  was at 10a and it was actually at 9a! The fear!! BUT, they let him in. I was not allowed to go in. He brought all his documents and the officer did not look at any. He was given the test. No interview. He only had to answer 6 questions, write 1 sentence that had the word California in it and read 1 sentence. He was done in 30 minutes and given a piece of paper that said he passed. Everything online changed immediately. He is now ready for the oath ceremony which we heard have long delays. One of our friends has been waiting to take the oath since February.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cheschirecat said:

Hey! 

you won’t believe this.. we got there late!! He thought it  was at 10a and it was actually at 9a! The fear!! BUT, they let him in. I was not allowed to go in. He brought all his documents and the officer did not look at any. He was given the test. No interview. He only had to answer 6 questions, write 1 sentence that had the word California in it and read 1 sentence. He was done in 30 minutes and given a piece of paper that said he passed. Everything online changed immediately. He is now ready for the oath ceremony which we heard have long delays. One of our friends has been waiting to take the oath since February.. 

I'm so glad it worked out so well! Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I passed my interview / civics test on April 24th.

and after two months of waiting they finally scheduled my oath ceremony to be on July 7th :D

good luck to those who are still waiting. you are all so close to the end of the process ❤️

2012 - 2016 :: F-1 Academic Years ||

2017/09/05 :: Filed K-1 Visa || 2018/06/11 Interview (Approved) || 2018/07/31 Marriage

2018/09/19 :: Filed I-485 AOS || 2020/01/13 Interview (Approved)

2021/10/28 :: Filed I-751 ROC || 2021/11/03 Received Text Notification (NOA) || 2022/01/25 :: Biometrics reused

2022/10/22 :: Filed N-400 & Received NOA

2023/04/06 :: N-400 Interview in Denver, CO || 2023/04/14 RFE

2023/04/24 :: I-751 and N-400 APPROVED 

2023/07/07 :: Oath Ceremony in Colorado Springs, CO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting for 4yr extension letter.

Did the online chat with "Emma" yesterday and got a live agent, after spending 10 minutes explaining I wasn't asking for an update on the case itself but about the extension letter (they didn't seem to understand the difference), they said nothing I can do unless the GC is within 60 days of expiring (expires Jan 2024)

Edited by JJA1979

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/21/2023 at 5:43 AM, Cheschirecat said:

Hey! 

Thanks for updating, it really helps.. 

Timeline

Good Morning! 

He received the oath letter! He is scheduled for the oath ceremony in Nashville on 8/24 @11:45am. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.