Greencard-22

I-751 October 2021 Filers

738 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Loo1 said:

Every single time we reach the end of the processing time it increases. Beyond frustrating 😡😡

3B45D918-7E22-491B-8BDF-9AD4DF0069DF.png

Have you filed an N-400 for citizenship?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Have you filed an N-400 for citizenship?

Not yet. I had been on the fence about applying. We’re in the process of moving to a different state, so we’re waiting until that’s done first. Really seems like they are trying to push citizenship 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Loo1 said:

Not yet. I had been on the fence about applying. We’re in the process of moving to a different state, so we’re waiting until that’s done first. Really seems like they are trying to push citizenship 

Citizenship is the ultimate immigration goal for many (maybe most), but not everyone. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, dleen said:

My wife just got a status update stating that our interview at the Chicago Field office on Feb 15 for the N400 has been Cancelled/De-scheduled due to unforeseen circumstances. We have a pending I-751 petition too that has been at "Case was received" for the past 480 days.

Is the interview getting cancelled common?

The case status has changed back to "Interview Scheduled". On the online portal, the new interview letter has been uploaded. The notice date is "02/07/2023". However the interview date and time is still the same i.e. Feb 15.

I'm concerned whether the newly generated interview letter will arrive in mail before Feb 15.

Am I allowed to carry the photocopy of the interview letter (the one that is generated today) if the original does not arrive in mail before then? I still have my old original interview letter dated Dec 27, 2022 with the exact same date and time i.e. Feb 15

Any inputs would be helpful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, dleen said:

The case status has changed back to "Interview Scheduled". On the online portal, the new interview letter has been uploaded. The notice date is "02/07/2023". However the interview date and time is still the same i.e. Feb 15.

I'm concerned whether the newly generated interview letter will arrive in mail before Feb 15.

Am I allowed to carry the photocopy of the interview letter (the one that is generated today) if the original does not arrive in mail before then? I still have my old original interview letter dated Dec 27, 2022 with the exact same date and time i.e. Feb 15

I’d bring the original old invitation letter as it has the same date anyways or both - old original invitation + a copy of the new one. You should be just fine. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, dleen said:

I’m so happy for you, my interview was descheduled today February 7 and hasn’t changed, also my I-751 status is not available at the moment. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, BByet said:

I’m so happy for you, my interview was descheduled today February 7 and hasn’t changed, also my I-751 status is not available at the moment. 

Typically when the N400 is scheduled, the I-751 case is transferred to the local field office. In my case however, the status still says “ Case was received”. In my opinion, the field officer at Chicago may have looked into the N400 petition and see that the I-751 docs have not yet been transferred to the Chicago field office. In my opinion, this is why the N400 interview was descheduled in the first place. I assume that the officer may have rescheduled to the same date and time based on low risk. Let’s hope your interview is scheduled soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/6/2023 at 9:09 PM, ashmed246 said:

Same here, her case was transferred from Texas to NBC. I didn’t realize it was going to be a combo interview until she was done. I wasn’t allowed to go in with her coz the interview notice we received was for N400, no mention of a combo interview. Good luck 

How long did it take to get an interview after you applied?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

How long did it take to get an interview after you applied?

About 2 months till change in online status and 3 month for interview. We applied October 24th and online status changed to “interview scheduled” by December 23rd with an interview date of Jan 31st.

Timeline
On 2/7/2023 at 3:23 PM, Elena & Craig said:

I’d bring the original old invitation letter as it has the same date anyways or both - old original invitation + a copy of the new one. You should be just fine. 

Update: We received the new interview letter in mail yesterday. N400 interview tomorrow. Appreciate the help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/31/2023 at 7:01 PM, ashmed246 said:

My wife just had her N400 interview today and she passed. She said the officer first looked over her pending I751 case and was told he approved it but she should disregard any update regarding a card production. He then moved to the N400 interview. She passed the reading, writing and civic tests. The officer gave her a white paper where he marked that she has been approved. Now waiting for the oath ceremony. Good luck everyone and I hope you hear some update soon if you’re still waiting. 

Update: we received a notice of action yesterday about the I751 saying it was approved. However,  card will not be produced since already has a pending oath ceremony.  

Edited by ashmed246

Timeline
On 2/14/2023 at 7:45 AM, ashmed246 said:

Update: we received a notice of action yesterday about the I751 saying it was approved. However,  card will not be produced since already has a pending oath ceremony.  

Interview Experience:

Field Office: Chicago

Green card: CR1

N400 filed: Oct 2022

N400 Interview Date: 15 Feb 2023

Notes: I-751 pending since Oct 2021. (Case status: Case was Received) 

My wife passed her Citizenship interview today. To our surprise, we had a combo I-751 interview, and the officer asked a lot of questions. The I-751 interview lasted almost 25 minutes.

Field Office Experience:

Both my wife and I were allowed to enter the building. We went to the 3rd floor to check in and told the agent that the N400 interview was scheduled and that we had a pending joint I-751 petition. Then the agent sent us to the 2nd Floor, and we were checked in again. The agent stamped the N400 interview letter suggesting pending I-751.

I-751 Interview:

The immigration officer called both of us at 8.05 a.m. She said that she'll conduct the I-751 interview first. She asked my wife her DOB, current address, previous address, date of marriage, when was the green card issued, my wife's phone number. (My wife forgot her phone number and completely blanked out)

She then asked me my DOB and address, when we moved into the new home.

Once she checked our original Ids (passports, driving license and GC/extension letter), she asked us why we didn’t have any children yet. We told her about my wife's Cancer Diagnosis.

She then asked us for Marriage evidence that we'd bought to the interview:

She asked us for the current lease, bank statements, utility bills, tax transcripts and photographs. We luckily had everything ready.

We also provided her with our 2022 Tax return and 2022 W2s. We gave her letter from the Oncologist too.

She then asked me to wait in the waiting area while she conducted my wife's N400 interview.

N400 Interview.

Civics Test:

1. Who is your state senator?

2. What Ocean is on the East?

3. What Ocean is on the West?

4. When was the constitution Written?

5. Who was the first president?

6. How many senators are there?

While she uploaded the documents, she asked more about the Cancer Diagnosis -- Type, Stage etc.

Then she handed her the N652 and recommended her name for Approval.

Overall, the experience was good, but a lot of questions were asked in the I-751 interview.

I highly recommend carrying as much evidence as possible including Photographs, joint finances, and lease agreements.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dleen said:

she asked us why we didn’t have any children yet. We told her about my wife's Cancer Diagnosis.

4 minutes ago, dleen said:

While she uploaded the documents, she asked more about the Cancer Diagnosis -- Type, Stage etc.

I admire your grace in handling such an obscene questions.  

Congratulations on both results, but after she takes oath, I would consider a letter of complaint.  

@dleen congratulations with immigration journey coming to the end! Thank you for sharing the experience in great detail. Why were you surprised to get a combo I-751 & N-400? Everybody with pending ROC should expect it, though it's not guaranteed to happen.

You didn't have a lawyer present, did you? The questions about your wife's health was ridiculous and unnecessary. 

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.