Sarge2155

October 2021 - AOS Filers

276 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My husband got an email from USCIS to the service request we submitted last week, since it had been over 60 days since we submitted our RFE response. The email from USCIS said, in so many words, “F--- off, keep waiting.” More specifically, it said they’re still working on the case and we’ll get a response once they’ve made a decision. 

On my husband’s MyUSCIS account, it looks like still no one has even looked at the RFE response since we submitted it in January. 

It basically feels like USCIS has abandoned us!

But FWIW, we recently decided that we’re not going to do anything to follow up on the I-485 until August. In late August, it’ll be our two year anniversary, and at this point, we feel it’s preferable to just wait ~4 more months to get a 10-year green card. Considering we’ve been going through immigration processes for almost 3 years, it would be a relief not to have to deal with USCIS for another 10 years. 

3 hours ago, joe.b said:

My husband got an email from USCIS to the service request we submitted last week, since it had been over 60 days since we submitted our RFE response. The email from USCIS said, in so many words, “F--- off, keep waiting.” More specifically, it said they’re still working on the case and we’ll get a response once they’ve made a decision. 

On my husband’s MyUSCIS account, it looks like still no one has even looked at the RFE response since we submitted it in January. 

But FWIW, we recently decided that we’re not going to do anything to follow up on the I-485 until August. In late August, it’ll be our two year anniversary, and at this point, we feel it’s preferable to just wait ~4 more months to get a 10-year green card. Considering we’ve been going through immigration processes for almost 3 years, it would be a relief not to have to deal with USCIS for another 10 years. 

🌺

The wait is a struggle. I hope you get an approval soon. A 10 year would eliminate 2 more hurdles with USCIS and leave you with one, should you desire citizenship. I truly hear you about feeling abandoned. I heard from them once in 2022 once my EAD was approved. 

Here’s hoping your field office surprises you soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, joe.b said:

SF processing time seems to be 22.5 for 80% of the cases. It is quite possible that your case gets approved by August.

Timeline
1 hour ago, kline19 said:

SF processing time seems to be 22.5 for 80% of the cases. It is quite possible that your case gets approved by August.

Well, I hope it doesn’t! I hope it gets approved August 25 at the soonest!

Timeline
6 hours ago, TedsGirl said:

🌺

The wait is a struggle. I hope you get an approval soon. A 10 year would eliminate 2 more hurdles with USCIS and leave you with one, should you desire citizenship. I truly hear you about feeling abandoned. I heard from them once in 2022 once my EAD was approved. 

Here’s hoping your field office surprises you soon!

I appreciate that, but I truly hope we don’t get an approval until late August! No plans yet to apply for citizenship, so not having to deal with USCIS again until 2033 would be wonderful! 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, joe.b said:

Hi, I just wanted to share my timeline because I also got an RFE. I just got my GC approved, they asked me for an RFE march 2022, I replied April 2022 and it changed to RFE received, after that I had no answer till last week march 31st 2023. They said case being actively reviewed but on the next day it said approved. So for me it was almost a year before they said something. 

Hope the best and that your process goes the way you want 

23 hours ago, joe.b said:

I appreciate that, but I truly hope we don’t get an approval until late August! No plans yet to apply for citizenship, so not having to deal with USCIS again until 2033 would be wonderful! 

I am quietly hoping for you too! If not for the NOID in our case for the I-130 we would have plain sailed until after mid-July! I totally get it!!

Keep us posted🙂

13 hours ago, Rodriguessbibi said:

Hi, I just wanted to share my timeline because I also got an RFE. I just got my GC approved, they asked me for an RFE march 2022, I replied April 2022 and it changed to RFE received, after that I had no answer till last week march 31st 2023. They said case being actively reviewed but on the next day it said approved. So for me it was almost a year before they said something. 

Congratulations to you😊Wonderful to read your update!

As much as I wanted a 10 year card I sure do like my swanky, shiny CGC😄

Timeline
On 4/8/2023 at 6:01 AM, Rodriguessbibi said:

Our most recent RFE (in January) was actually our second RFE. We got our first RFE in November 2021 and responded the next day. We then heard nothing and received no updates through all of 2022. In January 2023, one day the case status changed to actively being reviewed. Then, a few days later, we got the second RFE. We submitted the evidence the next day. Still no update since then, 2.5 months later.

I went on Ask Emma today and got confirmation that the official response to our service request about the USCIS's overdue RFE response is simply "there's no update--keep waiting."

It would be nice if, say, for every month over 12 months that it takes USCIS to provide a decision on your I-485, you get refunded $100 of the filing fee. Of course, that will never happen, but at least it could ease some frustration.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
On 4/12/2023 at 1:06 PM, joe.b said:

Our most recent RFE (in January) was actually our second RFE. We got our first RFE in November 2021 and responded the next day. We then heard nothing and received no updates through all of 2022. In January 2023, one day the case status changed to actively being reviewed. Then, a few days later, we got the second RFE. We submitted the evidence the next day. Still no update since then, 2.5 months later.

I went on Ask Emma today and got confirmation that the official response to our service request about the USCIS's overdue RFE response is simply "there's no update--keep waiting."

It would be nice if, say, for every month over 12 months that it takes USCIS to provide a decision on your I-485, you get refunded $100 of the filing fee. Of course, that will never happen, but at least it could ease some frustration.

What was your second rfe about, I m in same boat, only thing I haven’t recived second rfe yet, but it changed to actively reviewing, and I 130 got approved 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

The update for my partner and I isn’t good news. In the beginning of March  we received notice that his I-130 and I-485 were both denied and his EAD was to be withdrawn and discontinued 18 days from the letter received date. The confusing part about this was the letter said the petitioner had requested that the petition be withdrawn on December 21st, 2021. And I had done no such thing. But the letter said the decision was final and the case could not be reopened. We followed up with our congressman’s office and they responded about how it was confirmed by USCIS but they would be telling them it was an error on their part.

March 30th 2023 my partner returned to Australia.  So even if we got the case reopened he has been banned for overstaying 700 and some days for 10 years and the case would be closed any way. We’re a bit hopeless at the moment. 

Edited by vespa12

35 minutes ago, vespa12 said:

The update for my partner and I isn’t good news. In the beginning of March  we received notice that his I-130 and I-485 were both denied and his EAD was to be withdrawn and discontinued 18 days from the letter received date. The confusing part about this was the letter said the petitioner had requested that the petition be withdrawn on December 21st, 2021. And I had done no such thing. But the letter said the decision was final and the case could not be reopened. We followed up with our congressman’s office and they responded about how it was confirmed by USCIS but they would be telling them it was an error on their part.

March 30th 2023 my partner returned to Australia.  So even if we got the case reopened he has been banned for overstaying 700 and some days for 10 years and the case would be closed any way. We’re a bit hopeless at the moment. 

I am so very very sorry to read your update💔

There was no such letter from and you’re being denied from reopening the case? Usually you can challenge them. Can you request a FOIA on your case? Didn’t you have an immigration lawyer who was assisting you? Or did you cut them loose at some point?

This is heartbreaking! A 10 year ban on top is a knife in an already open wound. So only you and your baby can go there to visit. I’m sorry that I have no words of advice for you, only, if you can, look up Jim Hacking. He has tons of uploads on his YouTube channel. He and his team might be able to help you.

Much love to you during this fragile time😔🌺

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

October ‘21 AOS filer here - we just had our interview this past week in the Minneapolis field office and received an RFE from the officer at the end as he wanted to see more bills and such from us. We brought several items with us - credit card, bank, utility bills, taxes, lease, etc. but all from the current year. He mentioned he prefers to see this kind of evidence not from just the current year, but from each year of marriage. The check list in our appointment letter didn’t mention this specifically, but I still feel like an idiot for not assuming they’d want to see more from previous years. We scrounged around and thankfully were able to upload more of what they were looking for. Here’s to hoping we haven’t just set ourselves back several more months after waiting 19 months for the interview. 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

4 minutes ago, JennaL said:

October ‘21 AOS filer here - we just had our interview this past week in the Minneapolis field office and received an RFE from the officer at the end as he wanted to see more bills and such from us. We brought several items with us - credit card, bank, utility bills, taxes, lease, etc. but all from the current year. He mentioned he prefers to see this kind of evidence not from just the current year, but from each year of marriage. The check list in our appointment letter didn’t mention this specifically, but I still feel like an idiot for not assuming they’d want to see more from previous years. We scrounged around and thankfully were able to upload more of what they were looking for. Here’s to hoping we haven’t just set ourselves back several more months after waiting 19 months for the interview. 

Hello and welcome 👋🏿 

Congratulations on your interview! What a cliffhanger that IO has you on! I truly hope your approval is a matter of days if not hours away as you await the final decision. Did you also mail in the RFE? As long as you have receipt of acknowledgment online then you’re good! I know that happened for us back in 2021 when we had to respond to the I-130.

Most recently our upload to the I-130 to the NOID we got, garnered no response (after a week) of acknowledgement, so we sent it in via registered mail. Upon signing from the FO it was a matter of days for approval for both cases.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
13 hours ago, TedsGirl said:

Hello and welcome 👋🏿 

Congratulations on your interview! What a cliffhanger that IO has you on! I truly hope your approval is a matter of days if not hours away as you await the final decision. Did you also mail in the RFE? As long as you have receipt of acknowledgment online then you’re good! I know that happened for us back in 2021 when we had to respond to the I-130.

Most recently our upload to the I-130 to the NOID we got, garnered no response (after a week) of acknowledgement, so we sent it in via registered mail. Upon signing from the FO it was a matter of days for approval for both cases.

Yep, we did receive online acknowledgement, so hopefully it won't be too much longer until green card approval. 

Thanks for the tip - I am going to try sending our documents via registered mail, too, if we don't see any action within the next few weeks. 

Good luck to you on your continued immigration journey! 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/15/2023 at 10:04 AM, vespa12 said:

Just received a letter from USCIS that my partners case for I-130 was reopened. The I-485 received a motion to reconsider decision after the I-130 case was reopened on USCIS error. I was also reached out to by my congressman’s representative. She told me they were the ones who filed the motion to reopen the case and they have also filed a motion to expedite on grounds of clear USCIS error. 
She told me that my partner (in her doing research on our case) shouldn’t be able to return to the country until his I-131 is approved. But I don’t think that has been reopened. 
If anyone has any advice on how to proceed from here that would be greatly appreciated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.