Sarge2155

October 2021 - AOS Filers

276 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, gflores16 said:

GC approved! Got an email from USCIS yesterday early morning and my status changed 6 hours later to approved.

Congratulations to you🥳We waited awhile in the group, yet somehow, I sense there are still others. I trust they will chime in when they’re ready as I know how disheartening this journey can be, feeling like they will not get to your case. I know I did! No word from them at all in 2022 after the approval of my EAD. Then BAM! NOID then approval.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We submitted a response to an RFE over two months ago, in January. Nothing since then. Called USCIS this morning and they submitted an inquiry about it, saying it could take up to 30 days to get a response. Honestly, feeling pretty demoralized.

1 minute ago, joe.b said:

We submitted a response to an RFE over two months ago, in January. Nothing since then. Called USCIS this morning and they submitted an inquiry about it, saying it could take up to 30 days to get a response. Honestly, feeling pretty demoralized.

Sorry to hear that. This process definitely tests our patience, but you’re so close to the end. Have you tried reaching out to your congress representative for some help? They have a direct communication with USCIS that we don’t. And even thou they may take some time too, they will get an answer or at least trigger an action. I hope the answer comes soon. 

have you 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to all who got their approval! Meanwhile, I'm wondering about how many people here have not received any updates since biometrics? My I-130 was filed in Sept 2021 electronically and I only got one update since then that the case was received and receipt notice was sent 565 days ago. My I485 meanwhile has a status as case being actively reviewed by USCIS 476 days ago. I don't know if I did something wrong with filing I-130 electronically which maybe delayed my process? 

I have EAD and AP approved btw. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, gflores16 said:

Sorry to hear that. This process definitely tests our patience, but you’re so close to the end. Have you tried reaching out to your congress representative for some help? They have a direct communication with USCIS that we don’t. And even thou they may take some time too, they will get an answer or at least trigger an action. I hope the answer comes soon. 

have you 

My Congressmember's website says they can only submit an inquiry to USCIS if a case is outside regular processing time. For our field office, it will be about another year until it's outside regular processing time (31 months after applying). I guess I could try to see if the lack of response to an RFE response within 60 days could count as being outside regular processing time.

I appreciate your sympathy.

Edited by joe.b

3 minutes ago, joe.b said:

My Congressmember's website says they can only submit an inquiry to USCIS if a case is outside regular processing time. For our field office, it will be about another year until it's outside regular processing time (31 months after applying). I guess I could try to see if the lack of response to an RFE response within 60 days could count as being outside regular processing time.

I appreciate your sympathy.

I say you try reaching out to your congress representative & use the RFE timeframe. Worse case scenario you get a no. 

Hang on there, almost there! Good luck and keep us updated. Any information helps others here & anyone else in the future 😊.  

8 hours ago, lae7821 said:

Congrats to all who got their approval! Meanwhile, I'm wondering about how many people here have not received any updates since biometrics? My I-130 was filed in Sept 2021 electronically and I only got one update since then that the case was received and receipt notice was sent 565 days ago. My I485 meanwhile has a status as case being actively reviewed by USCIS 476 days ago. I don't know if I did something wrong with filing I-130 electronically which maybe delayed my process? 

I have EAD and AP approved btw. 

Thank you🌺

My I-130 was filed in July 2021 electronically and I-485 in October. Are you outside processing times yet for your field office? If you are you can request an inquiry. Other than that it’s a waiting game.

I hope you hear soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys!!! I woke up to I485 approval and i130 changed to actively being reviewed. Does anyone know what this means? Is there no interview needed?Screenshot_20230405_084210_CaseTrack.thumb.jpg.1c070ab1246ca8f75514fdc92c3b4d6a.jpg Thank you! 

50 minutes ago, lae7821 said:

Hi guys!!! I woke up to I485 approval and i130 changed to actively being reviewed. Does anyone know what this means? Is there no interview needed?Screenshot_20230405_084210_CaseTrack.thumb.jpg.1c070ab1246ca8f75514fdc92c3b4d6a.jpg Thank you! 

Congratulations! Looks like your interview will be waived since your AOS has been approved! (Mine was I-130 approved then hours later the AOS)

🌺😀

Timeline
1 hour ago, TedsGirl said:

Congratulations! Looks like your interview will be waived since your AOS has been approved! (Mine was I-130 approved then hours later the AOS)

🌺😀

Thank you TedsGirl!!! I guess chatting with Emma pushed my application to be reviewed. 

Edited by lae7821

1 hour ago, lae7821 said:

Thank you TedsGirl!!! I guess chatting with Emma pushed my application to be reviewed. 

You’re SO welcome! Good for you!!! I’ve noticed over on Reddit that when others have had an interaction with Emma, things happen! SO happy for you that it was the same🥰

Edited by TedsGirl
Spelling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.