Sarge2155

October 2021 - AOS Filers

276 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, DG92 said:

In a complete turn around from yesterday morning, in the evening I logged into my account to see my case has been approved! No interview. A huge relief and very surreal

Congrats! Now book that ticket and go see the fam!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Has anyone had any luck in getting their combo card or at least their travel permission yet? I was able to get in contact with an agent on the 7th to query about my partner’s case as it’s been a year now since we filed and no word of an interview or anything. And I know it’s just a waiting game at this point but I thought I’d try to see as his mother is quite sick and has not been able to travel to America from Australia to meet her granddaughters for the first time yet. And he misses his family dearly. The agent put in an expedite request but I truly doubt I’ll see anything out of it.

the agent did say that I should follow up in two months from now if there hasn’t been an interview scheduled as there hasn’t been a date set yet on his case because the processing time for Indianapolis is “a year and two months” so that gives some timeline for me to follow up in at least. Hope you’re all doing well!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/10/2022 at 10:48 AM, vespa12 said:

Has anyone had any luck in getting their combo card or at least their travel permission yet? I was able to get in contact with an agent on the 7th to query about my partner’s case as it’s been a year now since we filed and no word of an interview or anything. And I know it’s just a waiting game at this point but I thought I’d try to see as his mother is quite sick and has not been able to travel to America from Australia to meet her granddaughters for the first time yet. And he misses his family dearly. The agent put in an expedite request but I truly doubt I’ll see anything out of it.

the agent did say that I should follow up in two months from now if there hasn’t been an interview scheduled as there hasn’t been a date set yet on his case because the processing time for Indianapolis is “a year and two months” so that gives some timeline for me to follow up in at least. Hope you’re all doing well!!

I just heard back from my state senator. Apparently my partners case qualifies for a waived interview but we haven’t submitted his medical yet. And haven’t been asked to as of yet. So I don’t know if our interview will be waived or not. 

9900A3FC-583C-4E07-86C3-70429207184E.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello friends.

My husband received an Intent to Deny in the mail today for his 765. However, his 765 was approved in April 2022. And it says:

Notice Type: Approval Notice Class: C09
Valid from 04/04/2022 to 04/03/2024

The letter we received today says "you filed form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization... on which you indicated Temporary Protected Status category of (a)(12) or (c)(19) as the basis for your eligibility. USCIS records do not indicate that you filed an Application for TPS (form I-821) or were granted TPS. Therefore, you do not appear eligible for employment authorization  under the TPS category of (a)(12) or (c)(19). If you were granted PTS or have a pending application for TPS, please submit evidence of the approval notice or receipt notice fot the Form I-821."

Does anyone have an idea of how to proceed? Form I-797 clearly says "Eligibility Category: C09" as well.

Thanks for any advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/10/2022 at 7:48 AM, vespa12 said:

I filed in December 2021 and I haven't heard back either. It says it's still processing. I'm getting quite frustrated because I haven't received 485 let alone the work OR travel permit. It seems like it's very random in that some December/January/February filers received it within like 4 months. Does anyone know if there is a logical explanation (because clearly it's not based on chronological order) to this entire approval process?

Timeline
On 10/24/2022 at 11:59 AM, LJVotolato said:

I filed in December 2021 and I haven't heard back either. It says it's still processing. I'm getting quite frustrated because I haven't received 485 let alone the work OR travel permit. It seems like it's very random in that some December/January/February filers received it within like 4 months. Does anyone know if there is a logical explanation (because clearly it's not based on chronological order) to this entire approval process?

We spoke to an agent and filed an expedited request on basis of humanitarian reasons and potential money loss from not having a job for so long and just having our daughter and my partner was granted his work permit shortly after biometrics appointment. You could try that! It took about 2-3 weeks. 

• 1 month later...

How is everyone?😀

No update since my EAD and SSN delivery in April.

Hope y’all are doing well and hanging in there for those still waiting like us. I’m resigned to holding out for a 10 year GC after our 2nd wedding anniversary next summer, although will not complain if the GC comes sooner. Watching how things can go with some of the veteran members on this forum with ROC, we’d like to bypass that step if at all possible.

Hope Thanksgiving was a blessing to you🌻

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone - Looking for guidance for filers whose paperwork has landed in the Brooklyn office after filing in October 2021. The processing time is averaging 40.5 months (gulp).  Have any of you expedited? Or have any of you taken steps that have helped move your process along? I can't wait another 36 months and appreciate any help.  

Hey @tmw welcome to the thread!

This group has been quiet for a while and I find myself cheering from the sidelines for those who are still waiting from 2019 and 2020, along with others from the same filing year as us. 

One thing I know for sure with this immigration journey is patience, patience and more patience! Understanding how antiquated the US Immigration service is has settled one thing for me, I’ll get to the end. One day. I try to spend as much time living my life, rather than checking daily (as I used to in the beginning!) my online account. Like you, as soon as I found out when I can file an enquiry, I became even more annoyed. (Although, granted the wait time in El Paso is nothing compared to yours) There is nothing I can do to make this process faster. I am SO thankful that I am with my husband and family so that lessens the sting a whole lot. I’m praying for our approval after our 2nd wedding anniversary this summer, to bypass the ROC (removal of conditions with a conditional GC) however when it comes, it comes.

I’m sorry your wait is such a significant one😔All I can tell you is, you WILL get your approval. Here’s hoping you get a surprise sooner rather than much much later. Oh and another thing is guaranteed with that long wait you have with the Brooklyn FO, is a 10 year GC. Try and look at the bright side when you can, as difficult as the wait can be. It helps make the wait a little more bearable, that is for sure what I’m finding🌺

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, TedsGirl said:

Hey @tmw welcome to the thread!

This group has been quiet for a while and I find myself cheering from the sidelines for those who are still waiting from 2019 and 2020, along with others from the same filing year as us. 

One thing I know for sure with this immigration journey is patience, patience and more patience! Understanding how antiquated the US Immigration service is has settled one thing for me, I’ll get to the end. One day. I try to spend as much time living my life, rather than checking daily (as I used to in the beginning!) my online account. Like you, as soon as I found out when I can file an enquiry, I became even more annoyed. (Although, granted the wait time in El Paso is nothing compared to yours) There is nothing I can do to make this process faster. I am SO thankful that I am with my husband and family so that lessens the sting a whole lot. I’m praying for our approval after our 2nd wedding anniversary this summer, to bypass the ROC (removal of conditions with a conditional GC) however when it comes, it comes.

I’m sorry your wait is such a significant one😔All I can tell you is, you WILL get your approval. Here’s hoping you get a surprise sooner rather than much much later. Oh and another thing is guaranteed with that long wait you have with the Brooklyn FO, is a 10 year GC. Try and look at the bright side when you can, as difficult as the wait can be. It helps make the wait a little more bearable, that is for sure what I’m finding🌺

Thank you for the encouragement, @TedsGirl. You're right in that the extra wait on this front end could mean I bypass ROC... so perhaps it's all the same :) It's renewing the travel parole that mostly concerns me but I'll keep digging into it.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, tmw said:

Thank you for the encouragement, @TedsGirl. You're right in that the extra wait on this front end could mean I bypass ROC... so perhaps it's all the same :) It's renewing the travel parole that mostly concerns me but I'll keep digging into it.

Just hang in there… filed beginning of october 2021 and just got my combo card yesterday. Immediately went to the SSA to apply for my SSN. Guess the wait will be another 4 years oO. At least i can go work now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Approved!

Medical RFE came from Boise, ID office even though my local office is Seattle.

During my wait I used AP to enter U.S. by air and both land borders (Mexico & Canada) without any issues.

Here is my full timeline:

timeline.thumb.png.1e03027966ef8bc03cfa88102067301c.png

Good luck and see you in 2 years for Removal of Condition application 😅

AOS from L1B - spouse of USC - Seattle FO:

10/06/2021 - Packet mailed via UPS (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

10/07/2021 - Packet delivered

10/10/2021 - Text message with receipt numbers (IOE)

10/13/2021 - Personal checks payment pending

10/14/2021 - Personal checks payment posted

10/15/2021 - 4 receipt notices in mail (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

10/18/2021 - 1 account access notice for petitioner in mail (I-130)

10/19/2021 - 1 account access notice for beneficiary in mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

11/13/2021 - I-693 deficiency notice (as expected)

12/03/2021 - Biometric appointment scheduled

12/27/2021 - Biometric appointment, Case Is Being Actively Reviewed (I-485, I-765)

02/08/2022 - Card is being produced (I-765)

02/16/2022 - Card delivered (EAD only, no AP)

09/28/2022 - Advance Parole Document Was Produced

~~ Used AP 3 times to enter U.S. after a short trip without issues ~~

01/05/2023 - RFE from Boise asking to provide I-693 (interview waived)

01/17/2023 - RFE response received

01/21/2023 - I-130 & I-485 approved!

01/28/2023 - Green card in hand

2 hours ago, 0xexe said:

Approved!

Medical RFE came from Boise, ID office even though my local office is Seattle.

During my wait I used AP to enter U.S. by air and both land borders (Mexico & Canada) without any issues.

Here is my full timeline:

timeline.thumb.png.1e03027966ef8bc03cfa88102067301c.png

Good luck and see you in 2 years for Removal of Condition application 😅

Congratulations on your approval😀

I’m liking the steady movement our group is getting! Let’s hope for some more🙏🏿♥️

Just got my I130 approved within the last few hours! I485 still pending, fingers crossed for an approval soon. I can’t help to stare at the case status even on our vacation.

Timeline:

10/5/2021 case received

12/30/2021 biometric 

2/8/2022 EAD approved

10/3/2022  AP approved

1/5/2023 RFE for medical requested

1/25/2023 RFE received

1/31/2023 I130 approved

Seattle is my local office but we moved to San Jose between 2022/4-2022/8 so we changed address twice. RFE came from San Jose office even though we are back in Seattle now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.