poceangirl

July 2021 I-130 filers

233 posts in this topic

I-130 has been approved on 26 May 22, submitted 21 July 21, "Under review" since 18 Feb 22. Nebraska receipt notice, then called and told Texas (outside of window application also said was in window whilst out of estimated time for Nebraska), but approval letter said Nebraska again??

NVC notification on 30 May 2022, and paid same day. Pending acknowledgement of payment as it's been approved from my bank already so that should be soon. We requested the police report, which is the only piece of evidence we are pending.

However, it says "Malaysia" as the country of changability. My husband is not a Malay citizen, he is a UK one. He was born there, but left when he was 4. His father is a UK citizen, and even still Malaysia will revoke any citizenship of a person if they have another citizenship somewhere. I am hoping when we file the DS-260 this will be cleared up, if not than also can be brought up at the interview.

14 hours ago, LN1Casey said:

However, it says "Malaysia" as the country of changability. My husband is not a Malay citizen, he is a UK one. He was born there, but left when he was 4. His father is a UK citizen, and even still Malaysia will revoke any citizenship of a person if they have another citizenship somewhere. I am hoping when we file the DS-260 this will be cleared up, if not than also can be brought up at the interview.

Country of chargeability is typically the applicant's country of birth.  So in your husband's case, Malaysia is correct, even if he is not a citizen of Malaysia.  But no need to worry about this, as country of chargeability is irrelevant for your husband's visa case anyway.  It only matters for numerically limited visas.  No numerical limits for CR1/IR1 visas.

Hello, can you help me with NVC, I made a mistake on my DS260, I scrolled into the selection box thinking I was scrolling down the page and changed my husband’s country under previous addresses from Liberia to Libya. That was the only place every where else states Liberia. A Police certificate was requested, I did indicate not available in CEAC and explained in the comment box that he never lived there, is there something else I can do? I plan to submit a public inquiry. What document can I submit to prove that he wasn’t there and that was an error. Everywhere else indicate the correct country just one section of previous addresses. 

24 minutes ago, InpatientSpouse said:

Hello, can you help me with NVC, I made a mistake on my DS260, I scrolled into the selection box thinking I was scrolling down the page and changed my husband’s country under previous addresses from Liberia to Libya. That was the only place every where else states Liberia. A Police certificate was requested, I did indicate not available in CEAC and explained in the comment box that he never lived there, is there something else I can do? I plan to submit a public inquiry. What document can I submit to prove that he wasn’t there and that was an error. Everywhere else indicate the correct country just one section of previous addresses. 

Sorry posted in this chat in error. I don’t know how to delete. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Hey July filers anything new?

Hi! We receive the notice RFE yesterday. Waiting to come home on Thursday. We don’t know what they are going to ask us. 

My original receipt date is June 29 2021, and actively reviewing November 4 2021. Texas SC. I,m overseas and my husband is us citizen. 

17 minutes ago, CrisL said:

Hi! We receive the notice RFE yesterday. Waiting to come home on Thursday. We don’t know what they are going to ask us. 

My original receipt date is June 29 2021, and actively reviewing November 4 2021. Texas SC. I,m overseas and my husband is us citizen. 

Oh wow. Good luck with everything. How were you notified of your RFE?

1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Oh wow. Good luck with everything. How were you notified of your RFE?

On the uscis page. I put the IOE code and found that notification. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, waterlooengineer said:

Hey @poceangirl thanks for starting this thread :)

I submitted my petition on July 16th, 2021. NOA1 came from Texas and last week, inquiring from Emma, I was told my case has been transferred to Nebraska.

Wishing a speedy process to all :D

How do you know where your case is being transferred to? I haven't gotten in correspondence from the NVC since Oct 2021 telling me that I was DQ'd that was the last email or communication since then

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marshae04 said:

How do you know where your case is being transferred to? I haven't gotten in correspondence from the NVC since Oct 2021 telling me that I was DQ'd that was the last email or communication since then

You have to ask Emma during roughly East Coast business hours.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:27 AM, Marshae04 said:

If your case is at NVC and you've been DQ'ed your just waiting for interview now. 

I believe Lagos is super backlogged

You can follow DQ to interview for Lagos here:

I believe there is also an active whatsapp group you can join. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

If your case is at NVC and you've been DQ'ed your just waiting for interview now. 

I believe Lagos is super backlogged

You can follow DQ to interview for Lagos here:

I believe there is also an active whatsapp group you can join. 

Thank you so much! this helps 

1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

Well that's not possible, as it's not yet July. 

You are correct, I meant June. My apologies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.