aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Nylonnig said:

Are there any Greencard Petitioners that are AR status or are you all USC?

Hi we still on ( case was received…) 138 days ago .

event.png

On 1/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, madhatter204 said:

Yeah I got AR 117 days ago (on 1 Oct, PD 24 Sep) but nothing since. It might be different now you're getting AR several months in - fingers crossed for you! 

I'm almost the same as you.  PD is Aug 10, 21 and AR since Sept 9, 21.  Filed K3 on Dec 2, 2021.  Spoke with agent through Emma on Friday and she said nothing has changed.  Still at CSC.  So frustrating...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have been in contact with a congressperson regarding our case status. Someone from Potomac actually responded to her inquiry with a very lengthy, very generic email full of non-responses.

We fear that since that person might've looked into our application in order to form a response, that might've triggered the "Actively Reviewing" status, and it may be that they aren't doing anything with it at all. Have any of you noticed a similar pattern?

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Update: I asked for clarification on my above point and our congressperson responded that it is usually the case. So, I guess we're stuck waiting a while despite AR.

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

7 hours ago, shytown said:

Update: I asked for clarification on my above point and our congressperson responded that it is usually the case. So, I guess we're stuck waiting a while despite AR.

Hey - I too have had multiple requests from my congressman’s office on updates and never was it changed to actively reviewed….so I don’t think that pushed it into AR. Let’s just hope they move ours quickly. Mine did recently change on January 14th - but it’s been a while since I asked the congressman to ask. 

I feel like there are two office types - the clean organized room where everything is out away daily and then the one with files stacked on the desk, chairs, floors with 18 coffee cups stacked all with that last bit of coffee in it and therefore have no idea what they’re doing and take forever to find any files they need…..that’s the room I feel mine is in. 

while I do understand it’s digital I still have this vision in my head. Haha. Hopefully that rant made sense. Haha. 

wishing you all the best. Hang in there. We are all in it together!  

Edited by HurtRN

does anyone knows how long it takes to hear from USCIS after AR status? mine has been 8 days but no update since then. Some other got approval within 24 hours. Does it mean our case got them suspicious so they need more time to reviewing it ? this is make me nervous. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Road2K1 said:

does anyone knows how long it takes to hear from USCIS after AR status? mine has been 8 days but no update since then. Some other got approval within 24 hours. Does it mean our case got them suspicious so they need more time to reviewing it ? this is make me nervous. 

lol,  it varies.   I've been AR for 130 days.   Though per Ask Emma my petition has been moved from Texas to California.

7 hours ago, Troy B said:

lol,  it varies.   I've been AR for 130 days.   Though per Ask Emma my petition has been moved from Texas to California.

that's sad :(

On 1/25/2022 at 10:12 PM, shytown said:

Update: Today we got a notification that our application is being "Actively Reviewed" (Potomac Service Center). Has anyone else gotten this recently? Is everyone else that got the AR status still waiting?

I've researched it a bit and some people report that it takes days, and other sources say it should take a maximum of 60 days. 

What are the next steps after AR?

We've been in active review for 58 days.  

But I've seen another user on this forum received active review after 5 months and then remained in active review for another 5 months before getting NOA2.

So, don't get your hopes up. 

It would be great if we could create a google spreadsheet showing service center, active review period and NOA2 but I truly think there is no method to the madness and you'll get NOA2 when you get NOA2. 

Edited by Kor2USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

: my case was received 09/10/2021 

Approval : TODAY!!!!!!!!! , it says actively being reviewed this morning so I thought it would go in that status for a few months and didn't put my mind on it, than I looked at the documents section and the APPROVAL NOTICE WAS THERE!!!!!!!

I just want to say thank god because they had denied my first case(applied in 2019 denied 2021) for my husband and I fought back and made another case and in less than 6 months my case is sent to the NVC center. 

I pray for everyone who files to have hope and never lose it. 

On 2/6/2022 at 5:18 AM, Kor2USA said:

It would be great if we could create a google spreadsheet showing service center, active review period and NOA2 but I truly think there is no method to the madness and you'll get NOA2 when you get NOA2. 

I know it is against policy on this board, but I 100% agree with the need for a Google Spreadsheet.  I'm on a Canadian-immigration-relevant forum that tracks cases via a Google Spreadsheet, and it is super easy to get a quick idea of when one should expect progress in their case.  Granted, USCIS seems to be a totally mixed bag on I-130 approval dates, but one stat I sense is ever-more-relevant, is if someone files their I-129F/K3 application after or with their I-130.  It's a bit clunky to search the timeline database for this data.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

I know it is against policy on this board, but I 100% agree with the need for a Google Spreadsheet.  I'm on a Canadian-immigration-relevant forum that tracks cases via a Google Spreadsheet, and it is super easy to get a quick idea of when one should expect progress in their case.  Granted, USCIS seems to be a totally mixed bag on I-130 approval dates, but one stat I sense is ever-more-relevant, is if someone files their I-129F/K3 application after or with their I-130.  It's a bit clunky to search the timeline database for this data.

Congratulations to you 

and good luck for the rest of the processes 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.