micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/11/2022 at 4:37 PM, AW1704 said:

Wow congratulations! So happy for you! I didn’t get EAD/AP but for GC it was 8 days from approval to delivery! 

Thanks !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dark2013 said:

Do you need a specific reason?

You do, there are a couple of reasons - financial, humanitarian, emergency etc. For my AP, I had given the reason that my dad had surgery back home and I needed to travel soon to meet him. Even though I had all the hospital papers etc, they did not ask for additional proof and I got approved a couple of days after they sent the acknowledgement of the expedite request.

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

Our cases are going so slow ☹.

We applied for parents-in-law's GC received at Chicago on May 2nd and 4th for each of them. They had their biometrics on June 10 and their EAD got approved and card produced on the same day.

For my parent just an EAD took 7 months.

Processing speed is so random.

Edited by gamma50g

2 hours ago, gamma50g said:

Our cases are going so slow ☹.

We applied for parents-in-law's GC received at Chicago on May 2nd and 4th for each of them. They had their biometrics on June 10 and their EAD got approved and card produced on the same day.

For my parent just an EAD took 7 months.

Processing speed is so random.

Wow, that is crazy. It just isn't fair how random the processing speed is. I know we all know (basically) what we are signing up for, but there should be more rhyme or reason to how they deal with cases so there isn't such a big difference between the slowest and the fastest - people want to get on with their lives!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

applied i485 for parent on September 31st.

EAD approved mid-April (usps lost the card)

Local Office: Chicago

My guess is that parent cases are being given low priority than the spousal ones.

54 minutes ago, kline19 said:

My guess is that parent cases are being given low priority than the spousal ones.

I was wondering what happened to your parents case. So yours is also stuck in actively reviewing....

Did your parents get their SSN?

I wonder when we will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, kline19 said:

I'm the spouse and it's still on actively reviewing. Frustrating!

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 6/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, googly3 said:

Did you try expediting the EAD or AP? I received my EAD in April. And around end of May I submitted an expedite request for my AP. I just received an update that my AP has been approved. Try submitting a request through the emma chat if you haven't already.

We haven't tried to expedite it, but I think we will now. Thank you for the idea!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband's EAD just got approved today, after 296 days!! We did not get around to asking for an expedite either. I'm so happy we have some movement! I hope everyone else waiting for EAD will get it any day now too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Kel_H said:

My husband's EAD just got approved today, after 296 days!! We did not get around to asking for an expedite either. I'm so happy we have some movement! I hope everyone else waiting for EAD will get it any day now too.

Congratulations!!! Always exciting to see movement

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Once we receive our Green Card, is there anywhere that we can check the status of our Social Security Card that was requested on the i-485? We received our GC back in late May and have heard nothing on the Social Security Card. The local offices around us typically have between 4 and 6 hour walk in wait times (and no opportunity for appointments) so trying to avoid that if at all possible. Primarily, I want to check if the process was even started or if I need to start the process at the Social Security office.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, zman90 said:

Once we receive our Green Card, is there anywhere that we can check the status of our Social Security Card that was requested on the i-485? We received our GC back in late May and have heard nothing on the Social Security Card. The local offices around us typically have between 4 and 6 hour walk in wait times (and no opportunity for appointments) so trying to avoid that if at all possible. Primarily, I want to check if the process was even started or if I need to start the process at the Social Security office.

You need to call your local office (or any office in your nearby surroundings). Ask for the status of it and if they don’t have any info, try to make an appointment. 

When I did my SS process, I called all the offices in a 30 miles radius close to me (Miami - Fort Lauderdale Area) and picked up the one with the less waiting time.

If you can’t get any info from your local office or the national service center, you are forced to do the line. 

Edited by JR & RT
Add info

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
3 hours ago, zman90 said:

I didn’t receive my SSN with my EAD so after a few weeks I gave them a call and the lady said that you have to come in and apply in person. It’s a very quick process though, so as long as you can get there when they open it should be a piece of cake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi everyone! So since June 8th (the date of my interview) I have only seen the "as of June 8th your case is actively being reviewed by USCIS" message, and then today after 5 weeks it changed to "as of June 16th your case is actively being reviewed by USCIS ". Has this happened to anybody? If so, any tips or thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.