cubanchic

I-130 approved quickly without expedite

63 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I submitted an I-130 for my husband (he lives in Canada) on May 5, 2021. The status changed to "actively being reviewed" on May 27th. To my surprise, on August 23, 2021 the application was approved and on August 26th it was sent to the Dept. of State. Has anyone ever had an I-130 approved that fast (approx. 3 months) without any request for expedite? Im just curious. 

50 minutes ago, cubanchic said:

Has anyone ever had an I-130 approved that fast (approx. 3 months) without any request for expedite? Im just curious.

A couple of months ago there was a petition that was approved within 2 months:

But the fastest I've ever seen was 3 days:

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mine was approved in like 66 days. My service center was in Nebraska. I didn’t no we could expedite this part of the process… I didn’t.

Edited by Steffen & Rafael

Yes it's possible. Mine was approved in 3 months and half after my case we moved from Nebraska to Vermont. So it's possible even though USCIS processing time says 2-3 years in their website for e.g Vermont. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
3 hours ago, ohcharles said:

Was this just by chance? My case is currently in Texas. Would it be wise to request a move to Vermont? We submitted in March.

They don't allow us to request a move, unfortunately. Ours just got approved two days ago and it was at California. I think the process might be speeding up somewhat. We also filed in March.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Ashshwee said:

Ours was approved in 73 days, no expedite. 

Congratulation....Nice job..Do you mind sharing some details to help understand others? Such as your state and service center...Was there any red-flags or issues in your cases, like age-gap, any previous marriages for any of you, what kinds of proofs you submitted for the bonafide of marriage or anything else that could help others who are waiting or going to file?? Thx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was checking timelines about  processing cases at Nebraska service center.some of them were approved in less than 2 months .but one case was approved in 31 days.. I’m not surprised when cases got approved very fast. It’s happening a lot at NSC.

2 hours ago, TWISTIE said:

Congratulation....Nice job..Do you mind sharing some details to help understand others? Such as your state and service center...Was there any red-flags or issues in your cases, like age-gap, any previous marriages for any of you, what kinds of proofs you submitted for the bonafide of marriage or anything else that could help others who are waiting or going to file?? Thx

Sure thing! I live in Georgia and my service center was California. I submitted the application online. There were not any red flags for our case - its both our 1st marriage, same age group, same culture (Jamaican) etc).  Even though we have not been married very long, we have known each other since we were 14 years old which lots of photos, social media posts and affidavits from family/friends can prove. For us, our relationship started when we were 17 and lasted for 5 years. We then broke up for 4 years and got back together in 2018. We have never lived together, own no properties together and never filed taxes together. At the time of submitting the I-130 we had only been married for 1 year 4 months but we submitted so much evidence to show our relationship was bonafide that I really didn't think there was going to be an issue with the things we didn't have together. I included these things with the application:

• 50 photographs dating from 2007 (the oldest i could find) to present
  • A few social media posts (maybe 10) dating back from when Farmville was a thing lol to present
  • 17 travel itineraries plus hotel/airbnb receipts from when each of us visited each other since 2018 
  • 2 affidavits:1 from my dad talking about our relationship from his perspective and 1 from a friend doing the same 
  • A list of receipts showing gifts we have given each other since 2018
  • Letters we received from friends/family inviting us as a couple to attend events together
  • All invoices related to our destination wedding in Jamaica that was twice postposed due to Covid-19 (venue, dress, suits, rings, wedding planning services, catering, hair, make-up etc.)
  • Bank statements (first and most recent) for all our joint accounts plus Paypal/Western union transactions
  • Screen shots of text conversations on Whatsapp/Facebook Messanger/iMessage/email etc. dating back to 2007 (maybe 10 total)

In regards to our long break-up I didn't try to hide/camouflage it at all. I was very direct and honest about it and i'm sure thats way better than hiding or lying about anything.

Side note: I have seen other posts about a "trick" to speed up applications getting approved is submitting I-129F as well. I still do not know if it is factual or not. However, I did also submit an I-129F so I am really not sure if it is just coincidence that out case was approved quickly or if the I-129F had any impact on the timing of the decision.

Edited by cubanchic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Two posts removed for spamming. Post your reply only once.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

20 hours ago, cubanchic said:

Has anyone ever had an I-130 approved that fast (approx. 3 months) without any request for expedite? Im just curious. 

CR-1 and CR-2  Wife and stepdaughter.

March 08, 2021: Filed l-130 Online
March 09, 2021: NOA1
April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130 Approved

49 days from filing I-130's to approved NOA2's.

No tricks, No expedite, No special circumstances.

Stuck in NVC hell ever since.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.