AMG32id

My girlfriend was held at a police station for 48 hours for a debt. Debt was paid and she was released. Will this disqualify her4 for a Visa. And if not and we get married there in the Philippines, what is that Visa Called?

64 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Skyman said:

I know of several sad cases where no one could convince the guy he was being scammed even telling him to his face he was stupid. One even the scammer's sister told him she was scamming him. He ended up losing his US farm that had been paid off.

I am now friends with a guy that I warned but it did not start out that way. I knew the scammer so I tried to help him. I sent a FB message request to him from an account I creed and told him that she is married and he is being scammed. After a brief conversation he blocked me. So much for trying to help him. At least I planted a seed. Later because of my warning he started to get suspicious. He ordered a CENOMAR online. That came back as married and he unblocked me and messaged me. We talked for over an hour on the phone after that and we became friends. After finding out and confronting her, she said it's true but I want to leave him, can you help me get an annulment? Hahaha they never give up.

Edited by RO_AH

1 hour ago, seekingthetruth said:

Am I the only one who thinks you are pulling our leg?

I remember his older posts about another situation that have been removed. He is not pulling our leg.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

34 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Then again every Western man looking for a partner there is not a prize))) It can go both ways.

Every?  I'm hurt Boris.   

Finally done.

4 minutes ago, Talako said:

Every?  I'm hurt Boris.   

I tripped over my own syntax))) Too late to edit 🤓

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

2 hours ago, boris64 said:

I'm not so sure. There are guys who have built expensive houses and show up in the Philippines to no girlfriend/wife and no house. At least not one that's theirs. There are some horror stories out there. Then again every Western man looking for a partner there is not a prize))) It can go both ways.

Not just Philippines https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57358241

On 8/17/2021 at 1:40 PM, RO_AH said:

I am now friends with a guy that I warned but it did not start out that way. I knew the scammer so I tried to help him. I sent a FB message request to him from an account I creed and told him that she is married and he is being scammed. After a brief conversation he blocked me. So much for trying to help him. At least I planted a seed. Later because of my warning he started to get suspicious. He ordered a CENOMAR online. That came back as married and he unblocked me and messaged me. We talked for over an hour on the phone after that and we became friends. After finding out and confronting her, she said it's true but I want to leave him, can you help me get an annulment? Hahaha they never give up.

I did the same thing in the early days in the Philippines and it just resulted in the foreigner getting angry at me or telling me I was the problem.  I just stopped warning people after the 1st year or so.  There are alot of very stubborn people around. :)  

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

On 8/17/2021 at 1:15 AM, AMG32id said:

I think I am being scammed, almost a day hasn't gone by without a money request. 3 months. But I've seen scams and she had pictures, and.... Well. A surgery, she shoed me body parts that needed surgery, a Typhoon, and I verified there was a typhon. A Grandfather died, and she sent me a picture of her standing next to a very old dead person in a coffin. She said she got a hernias', and showed me Invoices, Her Dad got in a motorcycle accident, and they would stich him up till I paid for that, after she sent me pics of his head stitched up, then He needed restitched, and I could come up with the money fast enough and she said he died. She sent me more coffin pics, I paid half, and she said she promised to pay the other half in 48 hours, but I could come up with the money in 48 hours. It took 5 days And after 48 hours she sent me pictures of her at a police station, and they held here for 48 hours till I paid the other half of the debt. I paid and they let her go. She showed me pictures of the motorcycle and it was totaled. So I believe her. And now we are working on her Roofless house from the typhoon, she showed me pics of a house with no roof, I paid for the materials she said they installed it, but every picture she shows me is not of a house with a new roof. I risked calling her out, and she said she is not that type of person. She did not get mad a flea, I said no more money till after we get married, she agreed. lol  ugh

Ive heard this story from a thousand foreigners.  I usually dont go into the details on this board since I dont want to depress the people who are getting married or are married. :)  I had a lot of trial and error before I found the right one.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

4 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Ive heard this story from a thousand foreigners.  I usually dont go into the details on this board since I dont want to depress the people who are getting married or are married. :)  I had a lot of trial and error before I found the right one.

For me the 3rd time was a charm.

7 hours ago, RO_AH said:

For me the 3rd time was a charm.

Second time for me...LOL  I found out my first "love" was married to a German...  I was too young then and I think she only got a set of pots and pans out of me.  She said she was in cooking school.   I had my share of scammers along the way.  It is amazing how they NEVER break character and never stop trying.  Looking back, I have to laugh.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I got lucky the first time. Either that or my wife is playing the extremely long con))).

3 hours ago, boris64 said:

I got lucky the first time. Either that or my wife is playing the extremely long con))).

Filipinas are very good at it!!!  LOL  She may even stay her entire life without ever letting on!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

9 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Filipinas are very good at it!!!  LOL  She may even stay her entire life without ever letting on!

I got that feeling going on now

On 8/17/2021 at 12:15 AM, AMG32id said:

I think I am being scammed, almost a day hasn't gone by without a money request. 3 months. But I've seen scams and she had pictures, and.... Well. A surgery, she shoed me body parts that needed surgery, a Typhoon, and I verified there was a typhon. A Grandfather died, and she sent me a picture of her standing next to a very old dead person in a coffin. She said she got a hernias', and showed me Invoices, Her Dad got in a motorcycle accident, and they would stich him up till I paid for that, after she sent me pics of his head stitched up, then He needed restitched, and I could come up with the money fast enough and she said he died. She sent me more coffin pics, I paid half, and she said she promised to pay the other half in 48 hours, but I could come up with the money in 48 hours. It took 5 days And after 48 hours she sent me pictures of her at a police station, and they held here for 48 hours till I paid the other half of the debt. I paid and they let her go. She showed me pictures of the motorcycle and it was totaled. So I believe her. And now we are working on her Roofless house from the typhoon, she showed me pics of a house with no roof, I paid for the materials she said they installed it, but every picture she shows me is not of a house with a new roof. I risked calling her out, and she said she is not that type of person. She did not get mad a flea, I said no more money till after we get married, she agreed. lol  ugh

It's More Fun In the Phillipines, if your a scammer...........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.